"Talking Like She's Packing A Six Shooter."

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
"She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsman, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed Wild West sharpshooter. "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday," he continued, laughing. "She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better."
Earlier in the day, Clinton seemed frustrated when a reporter asked when she had last attended church or fired a gun."That is not a relevant question for this debate," Clinton said. "We can answer that some other time. I went to church on Easter, so . . . but that is not what this is about."
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Comments

• I just read this--the line about the duck blind got me. Apparently, Hillary was talking up how she once shot a duck.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

People need to see Obama like this.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

"She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsman, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed Wild West sharpshooter. "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday," he continued, laughing. "She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better."

Earlier in the day, Clinton seemed frustrated when a reporter asked when she had last attended church or fired a gun.

"That is not a relevant question for this debate," Clinton said. "We can answer that some other time. I went to church on Easter, so . . . but that is not what this is about."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That was pretty funny. So now he's a John Kerry-type 'elitist', and she's Ma Kettle, some salt-of-the-earth Horatio Alger story come to life. I have seen it all.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Earlier in the day, Clinton seemed frustrated when a reporter asked when she had last attended church or fired a gun.

"That is not a relevant question for this debate," Clinton said. "We can answer that some other time. I went to church on Easter, so . . . but that is not what this is about."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That was pretty funny. So now he's a John Kerry-type 'elitist', and she's Ma Kettle, some salt-of-the-earth Horatio Alger story come to life. I have seen it all.

Give in to your anger![/b]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man I hope he addresses the issue similarly on Wednesday at the debate. Barack can also mention how he is by far the least wealthy of the candidates (if you factor in Mrs. McCain's fortune), he can point out that he only recently finished paying off his student loans, how the Clintons are hundred-millionaires... If he doesn't pull a punch (and he shouldn't) he can mop the floor with her and turn this whole thing into a plus.

(if you factor in Mrs. McCain's fortune)

I need to get into the beer industry. Jeez louise is that blonde lady LOADED.
    How did McCain and Kerry land such crazy-rich ladies?

I have no idea why this hasn't come up in the press - McCain met his now-wife in Hawaii at a military function, and hooked up with her while still married (ie, had an affair). Apparently back then he was something of a ladies' man. He got divorced a couple months later, and within a very short time (I think a week or two) wed Cindy McCain. He then used her fortune and clout in Arizona to fund his first run for Senate.

And homeboy was made to sign a pre-nup so if Cindy walks, McCain's back on a Senator's salary.

In some parts of this great nation of ours, perhaps not in the hallowed halls of Congress, but in rougher and less polite parts, maybe not me but someone of fewer manners and scruples than me, might refer to such a man as "bitch made".

• "She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsman, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed Wild West sharpshooter. "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday," he continued, laughing. "She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No doubt. That hundred or so million dollars must buy a lot of pork rinds, Larry the Cable Guy tapes (yes, tapes) and Dale Jr. stickers for the pickup...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No doubt. That hundred or so million dollars must buy a lot of pork rinds, Larry the Cable Guy tapes (yes, tapes) and Dale Jr. stickers for the pickup...

This is so typical of you Ivy-League, filthy rich, over-educated elitist snobs in your swanky New Jersey ivory towers! So out of touch with the small-town simple folk like the Clintons!

"You've got to remember, that these are just simple farmers, these are people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know . . . morons."

• "She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsman, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed Wild West sharpshooter. "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday," he continued, laughing. "She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

This is so typical of you Ivy-League, filthy rich, over-educated elitist snobs in your swanky New Jersey ivory towers! So out of touch with the small-town simple folk like the Clintons!

"You've got to remember, that these are just simple farmers, these are people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know . . . morons."

If only....

• I just read this--the line about the duck blind got me. Apparently, Hillary was talking up how she once shot a duck.

I'm still not sure how Marc has anthing to do with this.

PS.

Hope you had a good one on friday. I sorta didn't.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    damn Hillary leading Obama in Penn 57% ro 37%?

I know these polls are whatever.

Well you're certainly looking at a pretty suspect poll.

RCP averages seem pretty reliable to me.

Yo rock with me, you deservin' the best
    Take a few shots, let it burn in your chest[/b]
    We could ride down, pumpin' N.E.R.D in the deck
    Funny how a few words turn into sex
    Play #3, joint called Brain
    Ma, take a hint, make me swerve in the lane
    The name's Malicious and I burn every track...

• In some parts of this great nation of ours, perhaps not in the hallowed halls of Congress, but in rougher and less polite parts, maybe not me but someone of fewer manners and scruples than me, might refer to such a man as "bitch made".

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

damn it really doesn't look good for Obama.

I love checking the Intrade odds:

Hillary Clinton to Win 87.5% $93K
    Barack Obama to Win 14.9% $110K

I don't know man, in a state that he was supposed to lose by 15-20 most polls have him down by 5-10. Much of the reportage I've heard on the "bitter" issue is backing up against Hillary. I think he'll lose but only by 6-8 points.

where was the soulstrut 10-pager on that little incident BTW?

I don't think Obama's quip is even worth discussing. The press is really reaching at this point for anything to keep people watching.

It's way funnier to lampoon how far Hillary's going out on a limb to pretend she's simple folk.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    last week she was spraying bullshit all over the place-
    "I'm gonna put 100,000 more police on the street"

now she's the new charlton hestin with a dick

I don't think Obama's quip is even worth discussing.

lol. word the strut would never have a 10-pager on a topic not even worth discussing.

• damn Hillary leading Obama in Penn 57% ro 37%?

"Damn"? Aren't you a Billary supporteur?

Well no reason why we can't start here.

Speaking of stats/polls/etc, anyone else read FiveThirtyEight?

5:38

Florida thing doesn't surprise me. My grandmother, a lifelong Republican, said if she can't vote for Clinton she'd vote for McCain. I was only surprised that she was even considering Clinton at all, and I'm sure that's mirrored elsewhere in the state.

That gave me a raging headache. My god, how much minutae can the citizenry possibly hope to process?

Re-averaging sans SurveyUSA gives a 5.16 pt advantage to HRC. If she wins by that margin, it's seriously time to re-evaluate whether she wants to continue.

That gave me a raging headache. My god, how much minutae can the citizenry possibly hope to process?

I guess I'm that guy that wants to know that minutia. lol

I guess I'm that guy that wants to know that minutia. lol

More power to you, sir. I just can't wait to wake up in a country NOT helmed by Bush and his cronies.