this whole polow da don thread got me thinking

mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
how many people use vidtomp3.com to rip music from youtube and myspace videos to sample or add to their mp3 collection? or some other tool to rip audio out of online videos. I been thinking about it but I just don't know how to determine what the original bitrates of the audio in the video is becuase the compression used on the video is different than mp3s I would think. Some of audio sounds really clean. also going back to that whole Timbo taking dudes track off the internet how many people rip midi files off the internet and load them up into their sequencer cause they like a bassline or a melody from a song but don't know how to play that part and just change the instruments around using different samples? I mean this method opens up a whole new level of "creative" sampling. I don't think this topic has really been touched on.oh well.

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    There are a ton of joints that I hear/see on yutbue, etc. that I want to sample. Shit, just type in funky drums or some shit in youtube and you'll get some sick shit to play with.

I am all for sampling anything and everything and making it your own. However, I know there is a pretty strong contingent of "wax or your soft" heads that think sampling anything other than the OG wax is a Frickin' crime.

To me, if it sounds dope, use it...just make it your own.

As for the technical aspect to your post, I wish I could help you. I just play with the shit until it sounds right to me.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    new Big Noyd song on youtube to y-cable, y-cable to stereo, stereo to tape, tape to car.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Timbo takes peoples tracks off of the inner-webs?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    My sound card already lets me record anything that comes through. I would use JUST for vocal snippets of interviews of such, never for actual music.

ie. I recorded a voice mail my ex wife left me on my parents home phone, chopped certain sections, and interjected snippets of an interview with Vanessa Del Rio. It goes something like:

"I wish he would have told me because "I wanted to be a whore""

"it says here, in black and white in the divorce papers that "I wanted to have the word slut capitalized in the dictionary""

It'll never come out because I'd be in line for lible, but