Define this "record thing"

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Inspired in the 45s thread. Please define what this "record thing" means to you. This could probably lead to a coffee table book, with one b&w pic of the collector and his collection per page, along with the answer to the question proposed in this thread.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    its all about stealing from people [usually old poor african american men] who don't know what their old funk/soul records are really worth then by-passing ebay
    and selling them to pasty crooked toothed anal retentive ugly but smart and snide british guys, who then feind over said records and compete in an imaginary competition of who is the funky-ist anglo saxon in london.

along the way it's proper form to use terms such as "bell end" "cunt" "sucking cock like a gay young lad" and "punter" in an effort to show superiority amongst the chalky white herd that needs serious dental work and or a hair transplant/toupee.

bad mouthing john mansfield and james trouble are par the course and name dropping "keb darge,"ian wright",and using the term 'TITTYSHAKER" and "weekender" will get you even further

its all about stealing from people [usually old poor african american men] who don't know what their old funk/soul records are really worth then by-passing ebay
    and selling them to pasty crooked toothed anal retentive ugly but smart and snide british guys, who then feind over said records and compete in an imaginary competition of who is the funky-ist anglo saxon in london.

along the way it's proper form to use terms such as "bell end" "cunt" "sucking cock like a gay young lad" and "punter" in an effort to show superiority amongst the chalky white herd that needs serious dental work and or a hair transplant/toupee.

bad mouthing john mansfield and james trouble are par the course and name dropping "keb darge,"ian wright",and using the term 'TITTYSHAKER" and "weekender" will get you even further

That sounds whiter than white.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

That sounds whiter than white.

I don't know John Mansfield, but I'm a little dude. Did kala mean John Manship?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The marine life photo replies are so far over my head that they might as well be chemtrails.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    JLR was "fishing" for replies.

We could have done "catnip" images but I like the giant fish more.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I thought it was fake finds/fish tale related.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yeah, photo replies always have me perplexed. Like, what's this supposed to mean? Old record/old record player + basketball/NCAA =

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Yeah, photo replies always have me perplexed. Like, what's this supposed to mean? Old record/old record player + basketball/NCAA =

record....lil dude...big dude....

"tityshaker" BTW is a term coined in the last few years or so, to describe a type of early R&B that has a sort of sleazy/grinding rhythm..usually minor keyed and crudely recorded, ala Pastel Six "Bandido"..etc...but yeah, the British dudes can get very uppity about their love for R&B/Soul thinking that ther is no way an american, or very few americans that they deem "worthy", could ever appreciate or know more about 60s/70s african american music than they do...used to make me a bit angry, but now it just makes me laugh as a lot of these UK collectros are usualy full of shit...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    an imaginary competition of who is the funky-ist anglo saxon in london.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i believe that this "record thing" is actually a bastard son of "record collecting" after it fucked around with the "internet".

and is rocks pic message: big dudes posting up on little dudes to grab raers?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    it's all about stealing from people

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

b/w kala got sonned and blasted on the freyer board earlier in the year

get over it dood. Concentrate on tolbert

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    They make good Frisbees. Especially when throwing from tall buildings. I love how they shatter on neighboring buildings.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

my god is that authentic? i LOVE stingrays!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

during the furor of my dj shadow comment....
    i got fryer to admit he might be gay which does not mean I am homophobic- for all of the polotically correct assholes out there in cyberland

nor was i "SONNED" OR "BLASTED" AS YOU WRITE
    in fact uk pasties are a never ending source of comedy for me

but now that fryer changed servers again that board is all slow and even more miserable than normal to read/post on

bad teeth
    worse food
    shitty weather
    super expensive
    and the home of all NWO reptiles.....
    but great taste in music!!!!

btw
    tolbert has 50[!!!] pastey folls lookin at it
    and 1 bid

Photo explanation....

To me digging for records is like fishing......it sucks when you don't catch anything or just some minnows.....and just when you say you're gonna quit for good.....you land a big fish.....that record on the player is a 16" transcription LP, the biggest of all records.....and it takes a big dude to catch big fish/records.

DEAL.

BTW...as soon as I posted those photos this morning I headed out to East Texas and caught a few keeper LP's.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

What record is this? Inform.

What record is this? Inform.

This is a 16" transcription disc....used by the U.S. Armed Services and radio stations in the 50's.....the most valuable one I've ever found was a U.S. Army disc with Buddy Holly Decca cuts on it.....easy four figures.

16" is the largest records were made size wise.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Do they play at 33, or what?

Do they play at 33, or what?

They played at anywhere from 16rpm to 78rpm....here's a cool site that has some info.

http://audiotools.com/78.html

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

during the furor of my dj shadow comment....
    i got fryer to admit he might be gay which does not mean I am homophobic- for all of the polotically correct assholes out there in cyberland

nor was i "SONNED" OR "BLASTED" AS YOU WRITE
    in fact uk pasties are a never ending source of comedy for me

but now that fryer changed servers again that board is all slow and even more miserable than normal to read/post on

bad teeth
    worse food
    shitty weather
    super expensive
    and the home of all NWO reptiles.....
    but great taste in music!!!!

btw
    tolbert has 50[!!!] pastey folls lookin at it
    and 1 bid

hahahahahaha
    I ain't one of 'em them folls and if they knew what you really think of them they would delete their watching
    btw, your photo game is dreadful! Still! Sort it out! makes you look amateur.
    you got no-one who can do that for you?