Hillary likens herself to Rocky.

ZekeZeke 221 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Clinton Likens Herself to 'Rocky'By BETH FOUHY ??? The Associate Press PHILADELPHIA (AP) ??? Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton says she has something in common with legendary film boxer Rocky Balboa ??? she's not a quitter.Recalling a famous scene on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art from the 1976 Oscar-winning film "Rocky," Clinton said that ending her presidential campaign now would be as if "Rocky Balboa had gotten halfway up those art museum steps and said, 'Well, I guess that's about far enough.'""Let me tell you something, when it comes to finishing a fight, Rocky and I have a lot in common. I never quit. I never give up. And neither do the American people,"[/b] Clinton said in excerpts of prepared remarks to be given Tuesday to a meeting of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO.Clinton warned that Democrats won't have an easy time against Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain in the general, and implied that her rival for the nomination, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, may not be up to the task."The Republicans aren't going to give up without a fight," Clinton said. "And no matter how beautiful your rhetoric, the Republicans aren't going to turn off their attack machine ??? it doesn't have an off-switch.""But one thing you know about me is that when I say I'll fight for you, I'll fight for you," the New York senator said. "I know what it's like to stumble. I know what it means to get knocked down. But I've never stayed down, and I never will."In recent days, Clinton has made an issue of calls from Obama backers for her to abandon the Democratic race. They've argued that Obama holds the lead in the delegate count and a protracted Democratic primary would damage the eventual nominee."Now, this is one of the most important elections we've ever had. There is so much at stake. But just as it's getting time to vote here in Pennsylvania, Senator Obama says he's getting tired of it. His supporters say they want it to end," Clinton said.Obama refused on Saturday to go along with other Democrats who are calling for Clinton to drop out of the race."My attitude is Senator Clinton can run as long as she wants," he said.Did she even watch Rocky I?

Comments

• Apollo Creed...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the sad thing is I really do think Hillary could whup Obama's ass.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I never saw Rocky. I thought that trailer was a good parallel to the Clinton's story. Leg breaker, boxing the meat, taking money from shady guys, getting knocked down and getting back up, the terrible over the top heroic music.

Now we need a trailer that would be a good parallel for Obama.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Now we need a trailer that would be a good parallel for Obama.

Midnight Meat Train?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I agree, the sad thing is that you believe that.

I agree, the sad thing is that you believe that.

the truth hurts; your man's a wimp.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    obama's stepdad taught him how to fight in indonesia. or at least he claims he did in his book.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    hillary is an out of shape middle aged lady with helmet hair

obama plays basketball everyday or something

she'd get dropped like a sack of potatoes

hillary is an out of shape middle aged lady with helmet hair

obama plays basketball everyday or something

she'd get dropped like a sack of potatoes

your forecast ignores the most important factor: nerve. Hillary gets down for hers. Obama would run.

• Your avatar of "Cheese" is fitting on so many levels.

Your avatar of "Cheese" is fitting on so many levels.

your whole persona is cheese holmes.

it may be time for a avatar change though; it's been over a year....

• Sayin', especially since he "got got" and Method Man's acting is weaker than his last album.*

*I haven't heard the last album but I can imagaine it's weak.

Sayin', especially since he "got got" and Method Man's acting is weaker than his last album.*

*I haven't heard the last album but I can imagaine it's weak.

would you check for it if I told you Sa-Ra did the production?

• 50/50 shot.

Would you check a Cappadonna album if it was produced by SA-RA.

but seriously, those sa-ra dudes ghost production for Aftermath...HOME OF THE GAME.

but seriously, those sa-ra dudes ghost production for Aftermath...HOME OF THE GAME.

allegedly.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts