can anyone recommend some screenwriting software?

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
And if so.. can you hook a bama up? I'm on a mac and I can't find any freeware, and the other ones are kinda pricey. Just looking to give it a shot.

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    mm the movie?

• Movie? What movie?

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    There is this a relatively new site called Scripped that has a completely free, online screenwriting application in Beta. I've heard really good things from a few friends of mine.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    for mac, Final Draft, but it aint free. you might could find a cracked version on some download site.

• There is this a relatively new site called Scripped that has a completely free, online screenwriting application in Beta. I've heard really good things from a few friends of mine.

Thanks! Kind of a weird concept (doing it online) Makes me a little nervous in terms of copyright and the possibility of it somehow disappearing from their server or something. Their terms of use clearly say that the author retains copyright and that they won't read your work, but still it seems a little sketchy. But alas, it is free! And some of these programs are expensive. Thanks for letting me know.

• for mac, Final Draft, but it aint free. you might could find a cracked version on some download site.

What's the deal with download sites like this?

Are they safe? Or should I ?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    for mac, Final Draft, but it aint free. you might could find a cracked version on some download site.

What's the deal with download sites like this?

Are they safe? Or should I ?

no idea but I just did a search and the only Final Draft it has on there is the movie not the software. check your pms

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Final Draft is the shit!!!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Final Draft is pretty much the industry standard.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Final Draft is the gold standard, but for something new check out a program called Scrivener.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i knew a dude who never got any work done on his screenplays because his programs had a text to speech function, so you could sort of hear what the dialogue sounds like in a robot voice. he would just get stoned and play these weird steven hawking sounding clips for me.

• Celtx
    http://www.celtx.com/

Free and comprehensive.

Have fun.