letting an 8 year old pick a name

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
My future sons middle name will now be Rockit, thanks to my 8 year old future stepson. (we told him he could pick the middle name cause he was kinda salty that we were having a kid, cheered him right up)First name CashLast name BurnsJ-zone said "with a name like that he's GOTTA be a pimp!"

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    love it!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Is it Rockit as in "rocking it" or rockit as it rocket that goes up into the sky?

witty little kid

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    originally rocket, but my girl opted for an alternate spelling. He agreed. kid is witty as hell though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    whats your last name though? Shit's gotta fit regardless.

Burns, already said that

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Burns, already said that

oof

do u remember Rocket Ismail the Football player?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

My future sons middle name will now be Rockit, thanks to my 8 year old future stepson.

(we told him he could pick the middle name cause he was kinda salty that we were having a kid, cheered him right up)

First name Cash

Last name Burns

J-zone said "with a name like that he's GOTTA be a pimp!"

J-Zone should be the kid's godfather.

What's going to be hot is when he has to fill out a form or something with last name first. Shit's gonna say "Burns, Cash." The lady accepting the form will look at him and he'll say, "Damn right I do" and flash a disarming grin.

haha yeah I thought of that when he picked it. I still like it.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Burns, already said that

oof

do u remember Rocket Ismail the Football player?

Rocket was on a recent episode of that show "Pros vs. Joes" or whatever.

And Cash Rockit Burns is an awesome name.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    "hey look hunny, Rockit got straight A's! Rockit don't stop it"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    He'll eventually pick up the nickame or dj name of Cash Rock and he'll meet a nice lady who he'll take on a vacation to the Caribbean. She'll lay out in the sun too long and when she gets back to the hotel she'll say "Cash Rock it Burns." He'll say "huh, why are you saying my name?"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    haha yeah I thought of that when he picked it. I still like it.

hell yes you still like it. It fuckin rules.

I think he'll need to eventually team up with Ako, whose real name, which escapes me right now, is also something ill like Nash, right? They'd have to be detectives or maybe a rockabilly duo.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    cool name.

Now all you gotta do is find him a little friend called tango.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So his name will be Cash Rockit Burns?

Sorry but that name sounds horrible imo.

all gouda, I expected more folks to hatt. I dig it though and that's what matters. If he hates it and wants to play the grown and sexy role when he grows up he can be Cash R. Burns.

b/w when the hell you gonna re-up the purple mix? and no I won't change his name if you do.

Tons of parents these days are choosing more obscure names for their kids though. I'm sure by the time the kid is grown, there will be a lot of other kids with names that are a bit unconventional. I think it's cool.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    all gouda, I expected more folks to hatt. I dig it though and that's what matters. If he hates it and wants to play the grown and sexy role when he grows up he can be Cash R. Burns.

No doubt, I actually like those names seperately, just seems a bit much all put together. Cash is a pretty rad first name.

Congrats, btw!

I been knowin mad kids with crazy names, shit just seemed normal for me. haha. One of my boys in the bay his name is Flaming Star Mohammed Acutt, but he goes by Flame, cool motherfucker. I like to think a cool name plays part in a kid growing up cool.

No doubt, I actually like those names seperately, just seems a bit much all put together. Cash is a pretty rad first name.

Congrats, btw!

thanks mayne!

I been knowin mad kids with crazy names, shit just seemed normal for me. haha. One of my boys in the bay his name is Flaming Star Mohammed Acutt, but he goes by Flame, cool motherfucker. I like to think a cool name plays part in a kid growing up cool.

For sure. I've never met someobdy with an obscure type of name who wasn't at least interesting. I think it deifnitely plays a part in personality.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Dude....that is a dope name. Let hatteurs hatt and do your thang.

thanks for the positive replies folks, I'mma print out this thread and save it for when he can read.

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    For sure. I've never met someobdy with an obscure type of name who wasn't at least interesting. I think it deifnitely plays a part in personality.

My first and second names are:

Zebulon Jade

Robert Rodriguez has a kid named Rocket...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Great name, original names are the shit!
    My daughters name is Beezus Bedelia Murphy, so I know the road you are going down.
    Prepare for the gas face from many older folks. Not that it really matters what they think,
    but it does get tiresome explaining it to people over and over.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    cash? really?

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

a guy I know named the son "Skywalker"

(not luke, just skywalker as first name)

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    don't let DMX hear that...

Are you following the presidential race?[/b]
    Not at all.

You???re not? You know there???s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there???s Hillary Clinton.[/b]
    His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.[/b]
    Barack?!

Barack.[/b]
    What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.[/b]
    Barack Obama?

Yeah.[/b]
    What the fuck?! That ain???t no fuckin??? name, yo. That ain???t that nigga???s name. You can???t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

You???re telling me you haven???t heard about him before.[/b]
    I ain???t really paying much attention.

I mean, it???s pretty big if a Black???[/b]
    Wow, Barack! The nigga???s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain???t his fuckin??? name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, ???Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit??? [laughs] ???That ain???t your fuckin??? name.??? Your momma ain???t name you no damn Barack.

• Love it. The whole thing.

And, just think, if he opens his own Law Firm:

C. Rockit Burns, Attorney at Law

UN-FUCK-WITTABLE!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

I think it has less to do with the name itself and more to do with the fact that kids whose parents pick strange names tend to raise the kids in unconventional ways/environments.

Anyway I think Rockit is a great middle name, an eight year old could've come up with some off-the-wall shit but I think that's pretty nice.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    What, no love for Smoothavious?