Busta Rhymes vs British Woman

ZekeZeke 221 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    he says he didn't call anyone a name, forgetting that he called them 'bitch'
    Not a nice word in these UK parts, son!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Irony is, while he's stood there arguing with them, he suddenly doesn't have such an urgent need to use the crapper.

I really don't get this, although it's hardly as if Busta doesn't have form for acting like a dick towards members of the public. Take a minute out, pose for a couple of pictures, then say "listen, I gotta go, I need to use the bathroom", and then everybody's happy. Busta gets to take a dump and the kids get their pictures and tell all their friends what a cool, friendly guy Busta is.

and quite clearly he did ignore them, making him...er... ignorant! QED

Someone will be on later defending the indefensible.
    How the public got to understand the pressure the guy is under, how people always wanting a piece of him etc etc etc

yeah, right

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not indefensible at all. Someone demands a photo, he blanks them, they call him a name. Dumb and dumber.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Someone demands a photo,

Sounded more like they were asking than "demanding" and if he needed the bathroom so bad he could have said something along the lines of "Just give me 5 mins then I'll oblige" or whatever instead of just blanking them...

Busta =

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Friggin White Folks.......Buster's the antagonist here? Wow?

+ LATTE PAS

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ah, come on... the guy could have been a lot more accommodating but if you don't get your autograph then deal with it and don't set an even poorer example to your kids by calling the guy names. Like I say, both parties are idiots. Busta's lyrics aren't always exactly child-friendly either so I'm guessing the photo-op was more for the mother's benefit than her kids.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Roid rage.

"celebrities have to be nice to us all the time no matter what the circumstance.."

Ah, come on... the guy could have been a lot more accommodating but if you don't get your autograph then deal with it and don't set an even poorer example to your kids by calling the guy names. Like I say, both parties are idiots. Busta's lyrics aren't always exactly child-friendly either so I'm guessing the photo-op was more for the mother's benefit than her kids.

calling someone ignorant when they quite clearly ignore you is more like a statement of fact than name-calling.
    He's got to be in a situation there where fan attention is expected.
    It's not like he was taking his family out for a quiet Sunday lunch.
    No-one should willingly accept discourtesy, whatever direction it comes from.
    I'm kind of agreeing with you that both sides on this clip come out looking bad though....

anyone got a pic of Busta having the ensuing dump?
    With dump rage....

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    If he left out the words "bitch" and "shit", he would have scored a perfect 10.

He had a bit of a point, but it was a rather poor execution, especially because he was throwing around the word "inconsiderate", while calling some mom a "bitch", right in front of her kids!

Celebs are traveling and performing 24-7. In some cases you have to expect they will not be in the mood to jump around and play the fool and have photos taken, all smiley face all the time, etc. She should have just told her kids, "oh, he looks like he needs a rest. Another time kids, let's leave him alone", rather than call him names, and set a poor example for her children as well.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    (Hem)roid rage.

Friggin White Folks.......Buster's the antagonist here? Wow?

+ LATTE PAS

Er maybe that should be "Friggin English Folks" as there is no indication of the womans ethnic background...

calling someone ignorant when they quite clearly ignore you is more like a statement of fact than name-calling.

So your sayin she wasnt hattin? She wasnt insulting?

Looked like a statement of fact to me...

she wasn't hating when she asked for the picture. I bet she was subsequently.
    Did she insult? He ignored, when clearly he could hear, so she says ignorant. Isn't that some truth?

On a side note anyone catch the guy in the black tee put his head in his hand as if to say "Here we go again..."

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    She is just mad because the days of black folk smiling and grinning all the time for whitey are over.

If kate hudson, or any other white woman/actress/musician did the same thing, she wouldn't have called her any names.

This woman is clearly a closet racist.

Where im from callin somebody Ignorant is an insult. I can let the UK interpretation slide, but in the hood that shit will make a cat jump bad.

It translates into more that just ignoring something. Cats use it/read it as dumb N!&&@ in most cases.

Whether he was fakin or not, the lady didnt get the response she expected and said something reactionary as opposed to a matter of fact.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

she wasn't hating when she asked for the picture. I bet she was subsequently.
    Did she insult? He ignored, when clearly he could hear, so she says ignorant. Isn't that some truth?
    Ignorant has a much different connotation in the US. Busta definitely overreacted, but his sentiment about people's greater expectations of celebrities rings true.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Cats use it/read it as dumb N!&&@ in most cases.

and in the UK calling a woman a bitch in any circumstance is likely to end in a police cell or hospital.

The word ignorant is far less powerful here....

Please agree to disagree. I will not change my view of this incident, and doubt that you will either.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Where im from callin somebody Ignorant is an insult. I can let the UK interpretation slide, but in the hood that shit will make a cat jump bad.

It translates into more that just ignoring something. Cats use it/read it as dumb N!&&@ in most cases.

Whether he was fakin or not, the lady didnt get the response she expected and said something reactionary as opposed to a matter of fact.

Well, the kid didn't get a response at all. She was hasty in calling him ignorant, no doubt (and I take your point about the different meanings between the UK and US), but it's not like those kids were all up in his face, going gimmegimmegimme. I've seen bigger stars than Busta act in a far more accomodating way to people who weren't half as polite as that kid was.

She is just mad because the days of black folk smiling and grinning all the time for whitey are over.

If kate hudson, or any other white woman/actress/musician did the same thing, she wouldn't have called her any names.

this is a sub prime post.
    Please say you are being heavily sarcastic.
    If not, please keep your race-hate schitt out of my life!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Busta was interested in doing his job, which was to rap on a stage, presumably. That's what he gets paid for. Those of you who think he has a responsibility to do anything for anyone, simply because of his level of fame, are retarded. He doesn't owe you anything anymore than you owe him. Stop being babies.

Jesus. Like you all are perfect gentlemen all the time.

Well, the kid didn't get a response at all. She was hasty in calling him ignorant, no doubt (and I take your point about the different meanings between the UK and US), but it's not like those kids were all up in his face, going gimmegimmegimme. I've seen bigger stars than Busta act in a far more accomodating way to people who weren't half as polite as that kid was.

Where is there a rule where "stars" have to be accomodating?

"Im sorry folks I cant talk right now im going to the bathroom."

This all access attitude is bullshit.

How do you know this woman is white ???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    and in the UK calling a woman a bitch in any circumstance is likely to end in a police cell or hospital.

The word ignorant is far less powerful here....

Please agree to disagree. I will not change my view of this incident, and doubt that you will either.

Weak excuse and lamer point. She obviously said it with the intent to insult Busta.

I've been to the UK plenty times, have fam there, the whole nine... You cats are some of the foulest fools on the planet. I can't see this as being true anywhere except your own private mind garden.

Get off that bullshit.

You gonna call the cops now?

Busta was interested in doing his job, which was to rap on a stage, presumably. That's what he gets paid for. Those of you who think he has a responsibility to do anything for anyone, simply because of his level of fame, are retarded. He doesn't owe you anything anymore than you owe him. Stop being babies.

Jesus. Like you all are perfect gentlemen all the time.

so having done his job, he has no more obligation to be a decent human being?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

How do you know this woman is white ???

I don't agree with:

&

But this is definitely true:

If kate hudson, or any other white woman/actress/musician did the same thing, she wouldn't have called her any names.[/qoute]