Stockholm: Feeling less like an Amerikan tourist.

JRootJRoot 861 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Uncle Richard and Aunt Anita were married in Anita's hometown of V??xj?? in 1963. It was an intimate affair with about a dozen guests, not including the groom's parents (who were vacationing in Venice at the time and couldn't be bothered to head up to Sweden for their son's wedding??? that wound never fully healed). Now that they've been married for 45 years, they're getting remarried and having a blowout in Stockholm the weekend of June 28. My wife and I are headed for Stockholm a week early, so we can celebrate midsommar and being married for one-ninth as long as Uncle Richard and Aunt Anita. Where should this dynamic and glamourous family stay in Stockholm? Ostermalm? Sodermalm? Whos-your-malm? We'd love to find an apartment to stay in for that week because it's generally easier with a 3-year-old to have an apartment than a hotel room. More space = more happiness for the whole family.Where should we eat? And what should we eat? Any particular specialties to recommend? Where should we drink our morning coffee? Morning coffee is very important to us.As for records, I've heard tell of recordmania and snickars, for the flatblackplastics, and I'd love to get a guided record tour if one could be arranged. But this trip isn't really about records. Where should we take our daughter Helen who's gonna be pushing 3? And finally, what should we do in Stockholm on midsommar? Should we chase all the Swedes out to the archipelago? Or should we stick around, skanking and skolling in Skanson?Any and all Stockholm advice is much appreciated, either here or on the PM tip. Thanks soulstrut.JRoot

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Where is the love
    You said you'd give to me
    Soon as you were free
    Will it ever be
    Where is the love

• HamHam 872 Posts
    you should take your daughter to Skansen, and maybe Gr??na Lund

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    my knowledge is pretty limited, ive only lived here for 1,5 years.

for renting apartments, check this page:

http://www.blocket.se/li?ca=11_s&c=55&st=u&w=1&m=131

and what kind of food and what price-range? ??ber-fancy? mediumraer-fancy?

and for your daughter you also got fj??rilshuset. (butterfly house)

http://www.fjarilshuset.se/

and for wifey you got pub (central shopping center with some great stores) pub.se