who rides for Shiner Bock?

djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Texas in a bottle.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    man, did you have shiner back in the early 90s? it was a way different and a WAY better beer before they were bought out(by Miller? or Bud?)...it is still good, but back in the day it was amazing...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'll ride for anything that bares my name

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    i'll ride for anything that bares my name

You were named after a beer?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that would be really rad, but no.

I was going to say coolest parents evar.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    man, did you have shiner back in the early 90s? it was a way different and a WAY better beer before they were bought out(by Miller? or Bud?)...it is still good, but back in the day it was amazing...

My friends from Germany really noticed this a few years back.....it was the only American beer they would drink and last time they simply said..."More American piss water".

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Texas in a bottle.

I remember when this first started appearing around town (Portland) and I had heard of it as this great Texas beer and I was all excited and then I was dissapointed when I actually tried it.

• I'll ride.

It seems to be pretty cheap too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

The bottle was shaped differently pre-buy out. And kegs of the old school stuff were out of this world (21 Street Co-Op related).

21st Steet Co-op. I have killed some brain cells there. There was a poetry slam going on there for a bit. I remember being effed up enough that I was getting lost trying to leave that place.

21st Steet Co-op. I have killed some brain cells there. There was a poetry slam going on there for a bit. I remember being effed up enough that I was getting lost trying to leave that place.

I haven't been to the 21st Street Co-Op in like 15 years. I remember one night my freshman year 89-90, walking home to Jester from a friend's apartment thinking my Saturday night was over. Instead I run across a fool-blown party at 21st Street Co-Op...Bouffant Jellyfish was killing it in the rec room...all the Shiner keg beer I could drink. Next thing I know I'm in my dorm room, looking in the mirror, wondering exactly how I wound up with a full slimy footprint on the chest of my t-shirt.

(Possible answer: Ross Hogg citing)

• as an all life local. i have to say that i do not ride for the shine. if your gonna go texan, there's way better options (that are just as cheap)...

local favorite - firemans 4

close second - live oak

independence brewery

i do ride for the best slogan ever, though...

I vouch for these...

• 21st Steet Co-op. I have killed some brain cells there. There was a poetry slam going on there for a bit. I remember being effed up enough that I was getting lost trying to leave that place.

I haven't been to the 21st Street Co-Op in like 15 years. I remember one night my freshman year 89-90, walking home to Jester from a friend's apartment thinking my Saturday night was over. Instead I run across a fool-blown party at 21st Street Co-Op...Bouffant Jellyfish was killing it in the rec room...all the Shiner keg beer I could drink. Next thing I know I'm in my dorm room, looking in the mirror, wondering exactly how I wound up with a full slimy footprint on the chest of my t-shirt.

(Possible answer: Ross Hogg citing)

LMAO!

B/W

I ride:

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I've never tried it because as long as I've known about it it's been owned by whichever macro-brewery it is. However, I ride hard for a good bock beer. Case in point:

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I'm fine with it. My roomate buys it and I steal one from time to time.

Shiner's hefe weizen though :doodooinabottle:

• I'm fine with it. My roomate buys it and I steal one from time to time.

Shiner's hefe weizen though :doodooinabottle:
    yeah, the bottle version...not so good. though on tap its much better. not just a case of going from good to better, but from bad to pretty good.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i don't drink beer from texas. yuck.

Because you're too busy smoking terds in hell, I presume?

I am not mad at this either.

• ever since i moved to texas, i've been drinking quite a lot of shiner bock. not my favorite beer, but the best beer for the price.

monday nights in dentron, texas. greenhouse restaurant, 1 o' clock jazz band + $1 shiner drafts = yeeeeeeee

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Because you're too busy smoking terds in hell, I presume?

you got it, bro. damn, you're a douche. i find my beer from wisconsin more than adequate (sp??).

chill dickhead, i don't like your beer.