If Obama were a white man

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LOL they go to Greenwald for some unbiased insight.

You're not refuting the rest of the article though.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Ugh. do i have to.

1. 950 Nexis hits on the Rezko story over the three months is nothing. It hits every reference to every publication that has the two names in it, and comparing it to the fake McCain story that was ginned up by the times in order to imply that McCain was having an affar that they had no proof of in late February (same day as the other story from the NYT they cite - what did the writer only read one issue of the Times) isnt exactly an equal sample since the story had only one month of play to Obamas three months.

Plus the people on the website for the "activist" www.fair.og sound like a bunch of communists anyway.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Nothing scares a white person like a black person pointing out that white people run things. Everyone knows that what the implication of that statement is. "White people are responsible for the misery of black folks." This terrifies people like Saba and Rock. They know that as individuals they have had little to do with the power structures operations (other than voting for Bush, etc.) Thus, they conclude that this angry expression of "reality" is misdirected "hatred" instead of thinking about what we ought to be doing about this reality. Their fear and revulsion is very understandable. Sad but understandable. In fact, their is nothing to be feared (by the white power structure) in Wright's speech because it will lead to nothing more than paralysis or in some cases self-destructive behavior. Read Invisible Man which is essentially a several hundred page explication of the world as Wright sees it. Look where the Invisible Man winds up. In a basement literally disconnected from the "power structure" (living off the grid) looking for a way out.

What I think Barack knows/shows is that Wright's manner of "laying it down" is not going to help anyone deal with the power structure in a useful manner. He himself has learned to negotiate the path between different communities customs and rules. This in no way means that Wright or Ellison are wrong in pointing out the corruption and racism of the white power structure. It means simply that pointing that out is not enough. Hopefully, Barack through his example and his deeds as a leader will help us all move to the next level in the ongoing saga of race in America. God knows we are ready to break new ground. I look forward to the days when guys like Saba and Rock see that the response to Wright should be, "yeah, and now what?".

Plus the people on the website for the "activist" www.fair.og sound like a bunch of communists anyway.

Ah, the old Saba IS BACK!

Hello -

Hilary Goldstein is the Development Director at FAIR. She has worked on a number of fundraising projects including projects to reduce recidivism in the San Francisco jail system, environmental education, women???s rights, independent film projects and grassroots media justice campaigns. She is a member of Paper Tiger Television and is an organizer of the annual NYC Grassroots Media Conferences. She has a Masters Degree in human rights and communications from Columbia University.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Somewhat off-topic, but also amusing: If Ann Coulter had liveblogged the Gettysburg Address.

Hello -

Hilary Goldstein is the Development Director at FAIR. She has worked on a number of fundraising projects including projects to reduce recidivism in the San Francisco jail system, environmental education, women???s rights, independent film projects and grassroots media justice campaigns. She is a member of Paper Tiger Television and is an organizer of the annual NYC Grassroots Media Conferences. She has a Masters Degree in human rights and communications from Columbia University.

That sounds like most of the people I know in the Bay Area and believe me, most of them don't have a real problem embracing basic capitalism.

Hello -

That sounds like most of the people I know in the Bay Area and believe me, most of them don't have a real problem embracing basic capitalism.

sell-outs

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

"The most segregated hour in America occurs on Sunday morning..."

in obama's church anyway

I think we should force Church intergration.

I'd pay to watch an hour of Christians and Satan Worshippers in the same room.

Shit, you don't even have to go that far--just put different sects of the same faith together and watch the fireworks. "That's not how you worship Jebus, you fuckstick! I'll see you in hell...from heaven, where you can't get into, you heathen!"

My late aunt Florrie (RIP) refused to even enter the grounds of the church where my youngest brother got married because it was Anglican.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Just wait until all you right wingers are forced to accept that "green collar" jobs are the only thing that will save our economy. I can't wait.

Just wait until all you right wingers are forced to accept that "green collar" jobs are the only thing that will save our economy. I can't wait.

BEING RIGHT WING IS NEVER HAVING TO ADMIT ANYTHING[/b]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    he cant win this fight because his opportunity to do the right thing has passed. that is the result of his poor judgment. Rather than try to justify Wright, why not say "hey, I know that what he says is wrong and inexcusable, but he aslo does good things too, I am trying to show him that he is wrong, and he is a friend that I am not prepared to give up on yet." Its that easy. Instead he first tried to say he was unaware of what was going on, then he tried to justify it because his grandmother crossed the street when she saw young black people.

If this is so important to you, why have you not said:
    "hey, I know that what he says is wrong and inexcusable, but he aslo does good things too, I am trying to show him that he is wrong, and he is a friend that I am not prepared to give up on yet."...

n regards to George Bush's anti-Semetic preacher, and John McCain's anti-American anti-gay preacher.

Is it because you hate America, gays and Jews?

he cant win this fight because his opportunity to do the right thing has passed. that is the result of his poor judgment. Rather than try to justify Wright, why not say "hey, I know that what he says is wrong and inexcusable, but he aslo does good things too, I am trying to show him that he is wrong, and he is a friend that I am not prepared to give up on yet." Its that easy. Instead he first tried to say he was unaware of what was going on, then he tried to justify it because his grandmother crossed the street when she saw young black people.

If this is so important to you, why have you not said:
    "hey, I know that what he says is wrong and inexcusable, but he aslo does good things too, I am trying to show him that he is wrong, and he is a friend that I am not prepared to give up on yet."...

n regards to George Bush's anti-Semetic preacher, and John McCain's anti-American anti-gay preacher.

Is it because you hate America, gays and Jews?

look. you still have a chance to nominate someone who can win the general election, but its not going to happen if you keep trying to play this equivalence game with these marginal preachers who endorse Bush (who, coincidentaly isnt running for office in 2008 and who also has been crucified in the media for everything over the last 8 years so its not like he ever gets a pass) or McCain and Obama's personal friend and mentor.

Yes, I hate everyone who isnt exactly like me.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bush (who, coincidentaly isnt running for office in 2008 and who also has been crucified in the media for everything over the last 8 years so its not like he ever gets a pass)

LOL--your dude has been handed free pass after free pass by the media.

Bush (who, coincidentaly isnt running for office in 2008 and who also has been crucified in the media for everything over the last 8 years so its not like he ever gets a pass)

rrrriiiiiiiight.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Free pass? He has a lifetime 'Get out of Jail Free' card....it's unbelievable.

i like to think your an alias here to start shit because your posts are so fu*cking lame it's hard to think otherwise...
    pull your head out of your ass & jump off the building you pretend to work in...

i try not to think about you at all.

i like to think your an alias here to start shit because your posts are so fu*cking lame it's hard to think otherwise...
    pull your head out of your ass & jump off the building you pretend to work in...

i try not to think about you at all.

key word is try...

your such a pussy it's laughable

right back at you. get back to me when you can string togehter a sentence in support of whatever view you have on this topic.

right. because i didnt show up at Delay's midtown office to start a fight over the internet, im a bitch.

do you have anything else to add to this conversation, or are you just trying to shut it down becuase you dont like what you hear? Is it too hard for you to come up with an intelligble sentence?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Trinity is actually pretty mixed.

What happened to the reasoned, well-informed Sabadabada? Was it all a dream??
    lol he liked obama until obama started winning

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    like sabadaba you could not be more transparent

dont front like you didnt know about obama's 'black nationalist' church until he suddenly pulled ahead in the delegate count. when you thought hillz was gonna win you were ready to ride for obama so in the GE you could be all "well the dems naturally nominated the weakest candidate because they are stupid" in some wack partisan hackery. you're not on fox news dude, you're not convincing anyone. you're not on crossfire wearing a bowtie. you're fronting. bacdafucup

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    intelligble

no. i really did ride for obama as far as if I had to pick a democrat. My only reservation was that I thought his stance on Iraq - that he would withdraw without reservation under any circumstances no matter what they were on his taking office. But now I have real questions about his "love of America" for a lack of a better term as opposed to personal ambition. The man doesnt wear the flag (fine, maybe its a lettle overdone), wont put hand on heart for national anthem (hmmm), wife says she has never been proud of America (thats not good), and now this stuff with Wright and Rezko. I'm sorry, maybe when you grow up in private schools and universities and then go into progressive politics that kind of stuff that Wright said isn't controversial, but i have real problem with it. I thought obama would be possitive because i thought maybe he really would be a candidate that transcended race and that would be good for the country, but now I dont think he is, and he hasnt been able to show me otherwise and the price of taking that risk is too high.

I'm sorry, maybe when you grow up in private schools and universities and then go into progressive politics that kind of stuff that Wright said isn't controversial, but i have real problem with it.

Hmm....you sound poor.

I'm sorry, maybe when you grow up in private schools and universities and then go into progressive politics that kind of stuff that Wright said isn't controversial, but i have real problem with it.

Hmm....you sound poor.

and asshurt about it. dammit.

• no. i really did ride for obama as far as if I had to pick a democrat. My only reservation was that I thought his stance on Iraq - that he would withdraw without reservation under any circumstances no matter what they were on his taking office. But now I have real questions about his "love of America" for a lack of a better term as opposed to personal ambition. The man doesnt wear the flag (fine, maybe its a lettle overdone), wont put hand on heart for national anthem (hmmm), wife says she has never been proud of America (thats not good), and now this stuff with Wright and Rezko. I'm sorry, maybe when you grow up in private schools and universities and then go into progressive politics that kind of stuff that Wright said isn't controversial, but i have real problem with it. I thought obama would be possitive because i thought maybe he really would be a candidate that transcended race and that would be good for the country, but now I dont think he is, and he hasnt been able to show me otherwise and the price of taking that risk is too high.

Are we really analyzing whether or not he wears the flag on his lapel?

Jesus christ....who. Frickin'. cares.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I thought Obama would be possitive because i thought maybe he really would be a candidate that transcended race

Why should he have to?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    no. i really did ride for obama as far as if I had to pick a democrat. My only reservation was that I thought his stance on Iraq - that he would withdraw without reservation under any circumstances no matter what they were on his taking office. But now I have real questions about his "love of America" for a lack of a better term as opposed to personal ambition. The man doesnt wear the flag (fine, maybe its a lettle overdone), wont put hand on heart for national anthem (hmmm), wife says she has never been proud of America (thats not good), and now this stuff with Wright and Rezko. I'm sorry, maybe when you grow up in private schools and universities and then go into progressive politics that kind of stuff that Wright said isn't controversial, but i have real problem with it. I thought obama would be possitive because i thought maybe he really would be a candidate that transcended race and that would be good for the country, but now I dont think he is, and he hasnt been able to show me otherwise and the price of taking that risk is too high.

What do you think will happen to this country is Obama is elected president?

Seriously.

What do you think will happen to this country is Obama is elected president?

Seriously.

yes, what unique risk are we running with a wealthy,entitled, private-school attending, America-hating progressive liberal running the country?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Straight comedy.

Not sure which part I like best--the gravely asked question of how much he "loves America" (I can see your knitted brow), the asshurtedness over his failure to put his hand over his heart for the national anthem, the misspelt invocation of "possitiv[ity]"...