Ohio Players school me on their lps

13»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    even though this was before they hooked up with that infamous bald headed woman, u gotta love this cover too!

I think they already HAD hooked up with the bald woman by then. This is an archival compilation that wasn't released with the bands' consent. Up Front wasn't savvy enough to release a cover that looked like their normal albums, so they used some painting of the band instead.

(Another Up Front release from around the same time by the O'Jays had a similar cover.)

yeah, i was referring to the date of the tracks on this, late 60s material

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Ever notice how much the opening guitar lick from "Trespassin'" sounds exactly like the riff on the theme from American Idol?

Which also sounds like the theme to "The Amanda Show", written by Stewart Copeland.

As for the "American Idol" theme, blame that on Cathy "I used to wear velvet one-piece outfits" Dennis (who, to her credit, has done a lot of writing for UK pop groups for the last 10 years or so. D-Mob aren't back with a vengeance, fortunately.)

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Haven't gotten the rest of their Westbound catalog yet, even though I have the singles of "Pain" and "Ecstasy."

Have you heard the Pain & Ecstasy albums? I prolly have mp3's I could share.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    Was listening to Climax last night...Pack It Up, Sleep Talk, Players Ballin', and Climax =