Producers: Got anything in the 120 bpm region?

FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm entering a piece for this motion graphics competition, and I need a piece of music around 120 bpm. Part of the rules of the competition state that we can't use copyrighted music unless we have okay from the artist as it might end up being utilized for commercial use. I've been playing around with just making some chopped drum parts into and mixing in some other things, but I know that there's a wealth of producers here who just might have something better than what garageband and myself can come up with. Does anybody other than DJ Chawp have some original compositions around 120 bpm that I could use for the comp? If we use it and win, there's a good chance of some very nice compensation coming your way. The total length of the thing is about 15 seconds, with 4 beats of an intro, various in-between time all psynched to 4-beat segments, and a short outro (2 beats or so depending). I could chop it up, just curious if anyone has anything to volunteer. Unfortunately, as it states copyrighted material is a no-no, either be slick about your sample usage, or just come with composed beats. No four bar loops, sadly enough. As I said, proper audio credit and possible monetary compensation would occur. PM me or just post up the joint if you wish. Thank you Soul Strut, and have a nice day.

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    anybody other than DJ Chawp

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    http://download.yousendit.com/A33E66433FF890BC

some old track that never got released. hit me up if you like it.

• fuck techno rap!

• doomdoom 305 Posts

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

I know the Sample.. Paradox, Polish Jazz Series. Quite a weird LP.
    Do i get a free raer now?

• doomdoom 305 Posts

for sure, good ear. you have to come to stockholm to pick it up tho!

i liked your track, have you released anything?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

doom, he has that lp. a fan sent it too him. that's what i call next level digging

i still can't believe fans sent out records to their fave musician. i need to start producing!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

doom, he has that lp. a fan sent it too him. that's what i call next level digging

i still can't believe fans sent out records to their fave musician. i need to start producing!

haha,yes. but that happened only once :-)
    re doom: yeah i released quite some stuff. shit, if i knew you were from stockholm - i played there 3 weeks ago. next time we hook up.
    recordmania is off the hook!

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Thanks for the tracks, guys. These are great, but I think these are a little too busy for what we're thinking. I know it's hard to pick something when you haven't seen the video, but think more along the lines of driving soul - ala J.B.'s or Ain't No Mountain. Solid driving snares on beat, syncopated kick maybe. I'm glad to see this post might have inspired a Stockholm meet.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/8694924e7c7478/

made this a few years back and didnt really go anywhere... real simple, but it may be what your looking for who knows...i think its at 110

zshare is being weird. try and download the file if it doesnt play the whole song.

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    heres a lil sumthing i did. changed my original beat from a sampled bassline to a synth. has now a little cheesy disco feel to it due to that change but i still like it

http://www.zshare.net/audio/8700402200e063/