ActiveX Control

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone else getting this pop-up when clicking on a thread?This shit is real fuckin annoying

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Same here (on a PC at work). I installed it and everything seems fine now...

What changed to trigger the installation request?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    banner ads.

and installed fine here at work, but at home it didn't, and i got that loud "DONK" noise and a pop up every time i read a thread. i finally had to close soulstrut.

EDIT: I thought it installed, but apparently it hasn't because now it wants me to install it again. WEAK. I'll see ya later until this shit gets fixed. Its making it ever harder to read sabadaba's posts (that was a zing, see!)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep, both at home and at work. I'm reluctant to download. Was it deliberate? Is it safe?

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    Yep, both at home and at work. I'm reluctant to download. Was it deliberate? Is it safe?
    About as safe as using IE for browsing the Internet.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yeah, looks to be fine. And it probably is something to do with a Flash banner ad.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yes--most annoying.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This shit is hella annoying - and I (and I assume many
    others) check SS on a few computers where downloading and
    installing software isn't an option. Can the banner ad be
    removed without losing $$$ or business?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    This shit is super mega hella annoyingly wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES I notice the damn information bar!!!! i've noticed it about 50 times today!!!!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Yes--most annoying.

• Yes--most annoying.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Why do I Keep Seeing This Pop-up Window?

The pop-up window you keep seeing is most likely a Microsoft ActiveX security warning pop-up message that alerts the user that a browser plug-in is about to be installed. Security warnings such as the one shown below are based on security settings made in your web browser's preferences. To prevent this message, you can modify your web browser's security settings, or simply download the free plug-in.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/activex/director/ieWin32700.htm

• I keep the boosters boostin'
    I keep computers 'Putin...[/b]

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Anyone else getting this pop-up when clicking on a thread?
    This shit is real fuckin annoying

funny i thought i was only one getting this early this morning.

• Anyone else getting this pop-up when clicking on a thread?
    This shit is real fuckin annoying

funny i thought i was only one getting this early this morning.

likewise, and cause it happened at work, i was checking google to see about ActiveX. thought maybe it was IT monitoring software that triggered cause i look at SS too much. LOL.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It has to do with one of the flash ads which uses shockwave 8.5 (??) My Mac has had no problem but I guess it's blowing up Internet Explorer. It's not malicious... just asking you to update your plugin. I'll see what I can do curb it.