DJ DAY BITEN AGAIN BY MAJORS

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
This is not about using the same sample another one has used before, and no one owns a sample, loop or break. This is just to say who was first.We all know "Four Hills" from DJ Day. A tune from 2005.If not check the snippet again here:http://mpmsite.com/index.php?area=records&view=detail&id=613A year later its legendary LES who produces a tune called "Hope" for Nas album "HipHop is dead". The original production which not appeared on the album featured the same sample as "Four Hill"http://www.mpmsite.com/downloads/hope_original.mp3And now in 2008 it's them dudes from the Justice League which replay the loop for Rick Ross & Jay Zs "Maybach Music". Only one thing makes me to regurgitate acid, the drum programmings is exactly the pattern DJ Day programmed for "Four Hills".Rick Ross feat. Jay Z - Maybach Music http://www.zshare.net/audio/8287038a1361c0/Still all of these tunes are straight !!!!!!!!!PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I don't know about you but that Rick Ross version sounds very little like Day's version. I really am having difficulty understanding how they can fuck up such a great sample...the drums they put on there are weak as f*ck... some people really have no talent.In any case Day's was the best but I guess it was too underground sounding for these mainstream audiences.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    it's a sample. anyone can use it. and i doubt that they stole from day. the sample sounds like every other jay-z would use it.

maybach? what kind of name is that!?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    it's a sample. anyone can use it. and i doubt that they stole from day. the sample sounds like every other jay-z would use it.

maybach? what kind of name is that!?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i know maybach. but it's a german car and they pronounce it like maebahk. WTF? are there rappers called rolls royce too? general motors anyone?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yikes. I just woke up to this and I'm not 100% convinced either (truth be told I kind of wish these BLAST threads didn't happen ).
    I will say that those echoes are exactly what I did on Four Hills, but other than that I can't call it.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Catch the Rick Ross accapella, blend it with Day's tracks and EVERYBODY'S HAPPY!

• How come we don't have an eyeroll graemlin?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i know maybach. but it's a german car and they pronounce it like maebahk. WTF? are there rappers called rolls royce too? general motors anyone?

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• FTW

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

uhm, nothing really! i can't figure out my own post.

• Hahahaha! The look on Rick Rowse's face is so perfect.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo Day, funny that you didnt recognise your own drum pattern. The drum pattern of "Maybach Music" is exactly the drum pattern of "Four Hills", except for the last bassdrum in every bar which comes one 16th earlier than in "Four Hills".

And the echo effects are exactly like in "Four Hills".

Whatever
    Hawkeye

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Yo Day, funny that you didnt recognise your own drum pattern. The drum pattern of "Maybach Music" is exactly the drum pattern of "Four Hills", except for the last bassdrum in every bar which comes one 16th earlier than in "Four Hills".

there are a few more differences in the pattern. either way day's drums hit about 9000% harder. i cant believe how bad the drums are on the rick ross/jay z track. just awful. although i did like the drums on the nas track.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah, I think the pattern is close, but the most obvious thing to me is the scratches/echoes etc. I just put a clip together to compare.

Whatever, either way I'm not tripping. I think it's cool someone thought it was good enough to bite

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    here

Funny how this keeps popping up...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you guys are blowing up day's ghost production spots

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    lol. Justice Leagues drum programming is kinda filthy. Young Jeezy "Bury Me a G" is ridiculous! I like the five million drumrolls they put in there beats. They got their own sound.

On the whole "biting" aspect, samples really don't count. I highly doubt Justice League heard Day's joint. Who knows though? They don't seem to be soulstrut lurker types.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    here

Funny how this keeps popping up...

That shit is definitely just someone flipping the same sample. I still stand by that Justice League beat tho. It's too coincidental echoing out the same parts etc. Whatever tho who knows.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Hahahaha! The look on Rick Rowse's face is so perfect.

i still can't get over this photoshop mastery! The expressions are perfect!

anway JUSTICE League have made some heaters, but I still prefer the Day version.
    This reminds me - I have no idea where my Day record is so I just copped Four Hills off of Amazon tonight.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Hahahaha! The look on Rick Rowse's face is so perfect.

i still can't get over this photoshop mastery! The expressions are perfect!

anway JUSTICE League have made some heaters, but I still prefer the Day version.
    This reminds me - I have no idea where my Day record is so I just copped Four Hills off of Amazon tonight.

hahahaha!
    awesome.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    the real question is if the two tracks carry identifying factors of the golden ratio.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I used to live in Four Hills, the end

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I heard another one: check the new Grouch LP and the track "never die". Same ish, different toilet.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Thad Reid - "They Don't Like Me"

the beat starts out exactly the same as these other cuts with the same samples but different drums. hilarious. i can't post a link from the job though...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    "Beatmakers in 'using same sample' shocker!"