People's Boxes AKA Recordman Lives (and Loves)

nessness 249 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Strutset, got a chance to go flick some of the boxes i painted over at People's post fire (unfortunately I didn't get to document the before the fire,boo hoo, lesson learned). I know a couple people had expressed middling interest in them. Introducing RECORDMAN!!! (See the pics below)[/b]Some of you may have met him before. I can't take credit for his creation, He's the creation of HERMAN WEEMS. Some of you may know him for doing the cover of Psychedelic Shack. Others may recognize him from his many songwriting credits on Wingate, Ric Tic, Bumpshop, Etc and his work w JJ Barnes and Dee Edwards amongst other Detroit Soul Artists. HE LIVE'S!!! By far my favorite piece of signage. Some of them were so water damaged they barely made it. alot of my favorites didn't make it. just imagine what happened to the lp's. Well,Enjoy ladies and gents.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    between your avatar and those images I don't think you know how interweb pictures work

• nessness 249 Posts
    i noticed too. my interweb skills are sorely lacking i must confess. so moderator help would be greatly appreciated.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    You really should paint some custom 45 totes and sell them.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    i noticed too. my interweb skills are sorely lacking i must confess. so moderator help would be greatly appreciated.

ok I know I cracked wise but dude...those are DOPE!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I always admired the artwork on those boxes and never knew you did them until recently, hommie!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    bueno!

• nessness 249 Posts
    ok I know I cracked wise but dude...those are DOPE!

thanks dude's.

that's funny drew. thought you saw me walking around with a brush with paint all on my shirt last time you were in town.

• ness - glad to hear things are coming to together. I hollared but I know you guys are busy. Send good vibes to Brad & Co. I'll see you in April.

Georges