the new peterock shit?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.myspace.com/peterockHis whole album is now on myspace. what you fools think? Some of the beats sound like some madlib influenced shit which i dont know is a good thing. overall not really impressed with the few songs ive heard.

Comments

• it's i-ight. there's some songs I liked (the lotug joint, the rel, and royal flush joints) but overall it pretty much gives me the same reaction as a lot of hip-hop nowadays

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    kinda disappointed that slum village track didn't make it onto the lp. that joint was a banger!

• The beats seem to be good enough, but the rhymes are all over the place, like expected. Papoose, for example, is pretty horrid. I'm on the fence about copping this.

• kinda disappointed that slum village track didn't make it onto the lp. that joint was a banger!

It'll be available on the iTunes version as an exclusive, and for those cats out in Japan, it's included on their retail version.

Or you can wait till after it drops, i'm sure it'll find it's way to the introweb.

The track with Chip Fu actually grew on me after a while... It sounds really great on big/clear/loud speakers. As does the joint Don't Get Mad (prod. by Green Lantern).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

As craaaaaaaazy as this sounds (I can't believe I'm typing this), I found the CD to be mediocre at best (from my listen on Pete's MySpace page). Some of the beats were straight up wack!!! I will not cop this, I wouldn't listen to it more than once.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The beats seem to be good enough, but the rhymes are all over the place, like expected. Papoose, for example, is pretty horrid.

10cc "I'm Not In Love" sample flip = (been waitin for somebody to use that one)

• it sounds like he traded kanye for some IZZO snares.

I'll still support pete..but from a quick listen it's obviously not his best stuff. OF course i think this was him trying to make a more widely accepted cd by the masses. I'm not saying he "sold out" or anything like that. But I think he was extending an olive branch to the dipset crowd with this one.

• some of it is a little tired, but on the whole i thought it was better than expected. the jamaican patois made me cringe a bit.. i'll buy it i reckon.

• The beats seem to be good enough, but the rhymes are all over the place, like expected. Papoose, for example, is pretty horrid.

Del TFH like 8 years ago on that one album that came out (can't remember the album or song title) killed it.

What song is it on PR's album? I tried to listen to the whole joint but ended up skipping through the last couple of tracks

• http://www.myspace.com/peterock

His whole album is now on myspace. what you fools think? Some of the beats sound like some madlib influenced shit which i dont know is a good thing. overall not really impressed with the few songs ive heard.
    Madlib influenced? Please be serious.

The album's alright, but I wasn't feelin' most of the guest spots. I like the joint with Jim Jones, the one with Reggie, and the Rakewon/Masta Killa track. Surprises were features by Royal Flush and Lords of the Underground.

Del TFH like 8 years ago on that one album that came out (can't remember the album or song title) killed it.

What song is it on PR's album? I tried to listen to the whole joint but ended up skipping through the last couple of tracks

oh, Del used that? figures somebody must've f**ked with that already... 70s lite rock is

the PR track is the last one on his myspace, the one w/ papoose

• Wordem.

When you coming out to la next chief?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

Could you be anymore specific ha ha...Was it on phoney phranchise ?

• Man, I thought it was cool. If it was anyone else I would say it's nice but for pete it's cool. Yeah the jamaican patrois was not a good look but there's some good beats on there. I was gonna rush out ahhh nevermind..

• i wasn't incredibly impressed, there are some good beats on there tho... some skip ables. did he write his own raps on this one?

• Usually i don't buy cd's without downloading them first,and skimming through it to see if it's worth copping

This will be diffrent..Pete is my all time favorite producer,and i have faith that at least some of this will be good

2 joints off of it,have been out for a year,and 2 others have been out for about 4-5 months,and i(for the most part) liked all those songs.

I haven't heard the rest of the album,i'll wait til next tuesday to buy the cd.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the joint is hit and miss imo. and its not a good look when green lantern is keeping up with pete on his own shit.

• i liked the jawn with raek. Forget the rest.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn.
    im feelin this more than SS2. sounds like he went back to the sapmle heavy production, and dirty drums.
    what do you people want?

• Del TFH like 8 years ago on that one album that came out (can't remember the album or song title) killed it.

Could you be anymore specific ha ha...Was it on phoney phranchise ?

No it was prolly the last cassette tape I purchased. it was on future developement. And it was 10 years ago (b/w damn im old)

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• damn.
    im feelin this more than SS2. sounds like he went back to the sapmle heavy production, and dirty drums.
    what do you people want?

!!!!

SS2 is a better record (but still not the greatest though)

• i'm feeling this joint....he's still putting it down in my book.

• http://www.myspace.com/peterock

His whole album is now on myspace. what you fools think? Some of the beats sound like some madlib influenced shit which i dont know is a good thing. overall not really impressed with the few songs ive heard.

madlib influenced you mean that the other way around,wow!anything music from pete rock is good...
    one love

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Sorry but this i sounding REALLY tired and stale.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    http://www.myspace.com/peterock

madlib influenced you mean that the other way around,wow!anything music from pete rock is good...
    one love
    I just meant that the first 2 beats on the myspace reminded me of madlibs shit while i was quickly skimming thru them. I know pete isnt biting madlib, pete just made what he made, but thats 2 or 3 of em felt like. The rest of it was pretty tepid though. "Dont be mad" is dope but i wont be buying this terd.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• While it's clearly nowhere near his best work, I still quite enjoyed the new Pete Rock album. As far as I see it, a bad (by his previous standards) Pete Rock album is still way better than the majority of decent current releases.

Have been bumping '914' since it dropped on 12" last year - that track is bonkers.