"WORLD'S GREATEST MUSIC COLLECTION!" ebay-R

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    all things considered

Ah. That's on from 5-7 here in Boston. I ride for ATC.

• Q: Hello friend and fellow music collectro. I was wondering if the sale had to be to an individual or if you would except all of the members of the Soulstrut.com website (6,000+ music fans and special dudes and three-six girls) to pitch in and then divy up the collection amongst themselves? Are you concerned with the collection staying intact and if so how would you plan to enforce this. Thanks in advance, Dizzy Bull one love.com Feb-19-08

A: The collection is intended to stay intact. Anyone who would break it up has little or no appreciation for its historical significance.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...llerQuestion_VI

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Q: Hello friend and fellow music collectro. I was wondering if the sale had to be to an individual or if you would except all of the members of the Soulstrut.com website (6,000+ music fans and special dudes and three-six girls) to pitch in and then divy up the collection amongst themselves? Are you concerned with the collection staying intact and if so how would you plan to enforce this. Thanks in advance, Dizzy Bull one love.com Feb-19-08

A: The collection is intended to stay intact. Anyone who would break it up has little or no appreciation for its historical significance.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...llerQuestion_VI
    hhahahahahaha! Damn! that's agood one.

• paging reynaldo!
    get your whole latin want list with one swipe of the credit card!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^EXCELLENT TUTORIAL ON HOW not TO SELL RECORDS ONLINE

• i went into that gay ass store over 10 years ago and they were on that stupid shit. you couldnt even go behind the counter. you had to write down a list of records and they would go check if they had triples.
    i think there are over 50 people on the strut whose collections eclipse that barge full of bullshit

i do hope some asshole buys it. cause that would be funny too

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This whole thing just reeks. If he wants to keep it intact, why the fuck is he putting it on an auction site? There are better ways to go about it if that's what he really wants.

I'll be amazed if anyone buys this.

I'll be even more amazed if this doesn't get mondo fake bids.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Oliver, I predict it will go unsold. In about 1-3 years he will then settle for an offer from a local buyer for 1/5 of 1% of how much he's currently asking.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i went into that gay ass store over 10 years ago and they were on that stupid shit. you couldnt even go behind the counter. you had to write down a list of records and they would go check if they had triples.
    i think there are over 500[/b] people on the strut whose collections eclipse that barge full of bullshit

Without a doubt the shittiest record store I've ever been to - the one that makes me hesitant to visit the local whenever I'm out of town...

News story is suspiciously timed to coincide w/the seller's boycott too...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    this is the worst kind of collector there is - the guy who collects just to "collect"

i dont know this guy's backstory, but something tells me that hes more about accumulating "records" than "music," if you get my drift.

I mean, I don't know this dude, so I can't say anything about him personally, but can we please get a Becky/Chad style name for the collectro who's like "Blahblah collectible blah book value" but then when you ask them if some record's any *good* they just look at you mutely with this astounded look of incomprehension?

How about Rusty?

I like it. Or "Stan," or something like that.

how about dickhead

While humorous, that's far too harsh. Rusty reminds me of Rusty Jones.

I posit: Douglas[/b]. ("Doug" to employees/regulars/"friends," and "Dougie" to the one moderately overweight middle-aged woman he believes is interested in him, but in reality is really worried about Douglas and keeps him company for both their sakes).

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I saw him take this nice woman who wanted beatles albums for her husband for xmas, charged her 200 for a copy of revolver and beach boys endless summer.

Any sympathy I had for Doug went RIGHT out the window. Fuck this fat, blind asshole.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Q: Were any of these records previously owned by noted collector and historian Dante Carfagna?
    A: We don't know.

• How about Rusty?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    The likelihood of there being a person with $3M who would also buy that steaming heap is remote. But the Q&A is delicious.

• How about Rusty?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'll be even more amazed if this doesn't get mondo fake bids.

The return of bungee bidding?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Doesn't this dude know if he put "Real Soul and / or Funk" that Marco would sweep in and buy???

• How about Rusty?

Yes! the whole story arc deals beautifully with the pitfalls of rampant materialism in the life and times of a serious collectro. highly reccomended.

• How about Rusty?

This is exactly what I was thinking about when one of you came up with the term "Rusty" for shortsighted collector nerds.

• Doesn't this dude know if he put "Real Soul and / or Funk" that Marco would sweep in and buy???

Well, if you look closely in the foreground of that guy's picture, there's a sleeveless Koko-label single on the desk.

We don't know whether this is a bloodshittin' raer or the umpteenth copy of "If Loving You Is Wrong...", however.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ha! I open up todays paper and what do I see???

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/305069

There are some pics and more of the article in the actual paper.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    (6,000+ music fans and special dudes and three-six girls[/b]) to pitch in and then divy up the collection amongst themselves?

Is this a SS rap project no one told me about? I guess Anna stays grippin' the grain.

• From the Toronto Star:

[color: green]Record store owner sells 3.3 million vinyls and CDs on eBay, but you have to buy them all[/color]

"Vinyls?" Oh, HELL no. How'd that get past the proofreaders?

• Q: Were any of these records previously owned by noted collector and historian Dante Carfagna?
    A: We don't know.

PLEASE TO CHECK SEVERAL MILLION INNER COVERS FOR STAMP.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    With ebays new "no negatives for the buyer" policy someone could create a fake account & bid the hell out of this auction for a lark.

• for a second there I thought that was a reinforced records logo on his desktop.

"We have stuff coming in so fast that we're running out of room for it,"

sounds like a great business man.

i wish I had access to LexisNexus look up dudes tax docs or his business's.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    just got the word that the winning bidder is from ireland?! WTF....

• "Paul Mawhinney examines a bacon sandwich worth $3.75."

I wish I knew how to hack into that page and change it.

• bonus round. Dude's got geoduck raers.

• bonus round. Dude's got geoduck raers.

Geoduckraer