How deep will you dig? Carcass related

ozboundozbound 31 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Storage trailer loaded with records sitting untouched long enough to become final resting place for this critter (dead raccon)...Dead long enough the stench was not quite overpowering. Getting close to look in the neighbourhood just a matter of a few deep breaths every so often...to move or not to move the carcass to make sure you've seen it all is the question...how deep will you go and/or have you gone to make sure you haven't missed a thing...?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I'd totally dig it a new one... with nose plugs intact, of course.

so what did you get out of there?

• shit!!! ive been there!!! i forget.is that somewheres around atlanta?

• Is that a Skullsnaps right behind that racoon?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Doubles of Steve Martin's 'Let's Get Small' and 'A Wild and Crazy Guy' in there...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's gross no doubt, but my years of cleaning pools, where you're tossing rotting wet dead things has increased my digging tolerance exponentially.

• It's gross no doubt, but my years of cleaning pools, where you're tossing rotting wet dead things has increased my digging tolerance exponentially.

gross?
    looks cute and cuddly to me.
    especially if theres skullsnapraer behind him

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    SWEET! Records And Dinner!!!

seriously though, peel that little fucker offa the rekkids and resume your digging.

extra points if you can punt it out the door.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Do it or you're soft.

Extra points if you keep it and make a 45 bag out of it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Can't you just read the spines?

Or do you need to check and see if there's an
    Afrique Soul Makoosa stuck inside of one of
    the Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy sleeves?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    SWEET! Records And Dinner!!!

seriously though, peel that little fucker offa the rekkids and resume your digging.

You guys who can't read those spines in the pic are welcome to move a dead animal to resume digging through common comedy records.
    I'd don the proper gear and start elsewhere...

• Do it or you're soft.

Extra points if you keep it and make a 45 bag out of it.

haha.. yea that'd be a story that just kept giving.

How many trailers full of records near Atlanta are there? I've been to one south of the city, but that didn't look like it - at least the outside picture didn't. The inside picture very well could have been it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dead animals don't bother me...it's the live ones that I worry about.....especially here in Texas where we have the cute little Brown Recluse Spider....one bite from one of those babies on your digging hand and your digging days are over.

My brother and I were at a spot in Quanah, Texas last Fall where the rat carcasses didn't bother us but as soon as a live one ran across my shoes we were done.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    you find any records in Quanah? Every time I head up 287 I contemplate stopping in those little shit towns to look. Nope, no records in Chillicothe.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hell to the N O.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Sounds like the premise of a dope horror flick: "Diggers on a mission in a deserted storage trailer when a seemingly dead and harmless animal suddenly comes alive and adds excitement to the mission. The diggers fight for their lives while still trying to look pick thru all the potential gems"

And it has a copy of East of Underground it's gripping under it's belly.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    you find any records in Quanah? Every time I head up 287 I contemplate stopping in those little shit towns to look. Nope, no records in Chillicothe.

Tex-Mex and Rats for days.

This past weekend I hit some towns you can cross off the list.

Ringgold
    Nocona
    Saint Jo
    Muenster

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    wouldn't stop me...plus you can talk em down on the price!

• This whole thing reminds me of my last digging trip to a town in the east of Holland. We went there on a sundaymorning, it was right in the bible belt, and we ended up in this retarded fellow's barn that had holes in the roof and some crazy dog running around. The whole place was covered with chickenshit and cowpies and the smell was almost unbearable.
    There must have been 20.000 records in there. All boxed up. The guy was telling us someone offered him 20 eurocents per record and he turned down the offer.
    We thought we had hit the jackpot untill we started digging. The only record I pulled was that Paul Mauriat album with Angie Baby on it.
    Worst dig ever but I guess that's part of the game.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    T
    We thought we had hit the jackpot untill we started digging. The only record I pulled was that Paul Mauriat album with Angie Baby on it.

that sounds horrific. did you dig through all 20000 lps?

• T

that sounds horrific. did you dig through all 20000 lps?

Yeah, together with a friend. It was a blitzkrieg dig. Box after box chockfull of shit...after a while you just know it's not going to happen.
    We advised this guy to take that 20 cent/record offer from the other dude.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    it was right in the bible belt,

I've never heard the term "Bible Belt" used anywhere outside of the US. Where is/are the bible belt(s) in Europe??

How many trailers full of records near Atlanta are there? I've been to one south of the city, but that didn't look like it - at least the outside picture didn't. The inside picture very well could have been it.

yeah...south of atlanta was th eone. memory was hazy, seemed like the same spot

• SWEET! Records And Dinner!!!

You guys who can't read those spines in the pic are welcome to move a dead animal to resume digging through common comedy records.
    I'd don the proper gear and start elsewhere...

Just put a "dab/glob" of toothpaste under each nostril and get to work.

• it was right in the bible belt,

I've never heard the term "Bible Belt" used anywhere outside of the US. Where is/are the bible belt(s) in Europe??

I can only speak for the Netherlands. We call the bible belt the region that stretches from the south west to the center of the netherlands and a little bit towards the east.