Read between the lines - track ID

el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
HeyI have a problem, i sampled this track for a beat i made, it has some nice funky guitar work i chopped up and then some little horns but most recognisable will be the vocal part i've got on a memory card, it's someone singing "Read between the lines.........life is just a pantomime......." i also have some saxaphone or something from the same song on my memory card...Any ideas what this track is? i know it's a long shot, i'm hoping it's called "read between the lines" or something so it's easy to find but i haven't found it so far. I need to find the record i used cause the emcee has asked for the beat to be altered...

Comments

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    How do you not know what record you sampled?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

1. sampling a lot of shit and not keeping track of the source
    2. smoking weed while doing #1

That pretty much covers it for me... lol... I do that all the time.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Not keeping notes, or losing your notes at a time when you have to bring back the song. Or finding a so-so record but finding a good part to use, and throwing it out afterwards. I don't have my notes in one place, just a bunch of notebooks and various boxes. Perhaps I need to organize.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

I hate it when that happens. Especially if you want to re-record it or something and you don't have the samples on disk any more.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

maybe he's Kanye

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

Yeah the people in this thread got it... mediocore record with one good track that i used... i made the beat about a year ago and sent it to an emcee, the beat was average i'd say so i forgot about it... then i hear yesterday that he's recorded a rough version for his album and now i've completely lost track of what i used....
    Any ideas?

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Got it. I was just wondering.