Who drinks Everclear?

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Personally, I've never touched it but I was offered it a few times.I seen a bottle in the liquor store tonight and it said 'Warning: Overconsumption may endanger your health.' I actually contemplated buying this schitt.So is it as bad as I think it is?

Comments

• I wanna try this schitt.

See, most of my life I never had shit
    I felt like an outcast, treated like a misfit
    Damn near didn't make it on my day of birth
    Thinking was I really supposed to be on this planet earth
    I take a deep breath, and then another follows
    Cos hardship is kinda hard to swallow
    See, it's rough bein a loner
    Not knowin any given day and time I could wind up a goner
    See, people got it bad from jump street
    And bein short is just another strike against me
    I used to get funny looks cos I was small
    And tryin to make it was like runnin through a brick wall
    Given the odds I was up against, bro
    The average nigga woulda quit a long time ago
    But now I've got a record out
    I'm doin shows, people payin to see me turn it out
    Now I'm the spice around town
    It's funny how an album can change a nigga's life around
    I got friends and bitches on my dick
    But when they look at Richard all they see is Bushwick
    Sometimes I don't know a friend from a foe
    And every different day it's a different fuckin hoe
    And now that my pockets are gettin bigger
    I'm meetin hoes who only wanna juice a nigga
    They tell me that they love me and all that
    But really they just wait for me to fall flat
    So they can get me for my income
    Take me for all I got, and then some
    Like Trina, you dig
    I fucked up and got too attached to the bitch's kid
    Knowin that she used the baby to use me
    Took him out my life, mentally abusin me
    But as the time went by I got another slimmy
    And she was just like the first one screamin gimme
    But not in the exact same way
    She had a different type of game she liked to play
    Her name was Crystal, she played the quiet type
    And for a little while shit seemed alright
    But just like the first hoe, homie
    When shit got hectic the bitch broke out on me
    And it's gettin outta hand, gee
    Cos nobody seems to understand me
    Reminiscin got me feelin kinda low
    I broke out the Ever-Clear and then I drunk some mo'
    Until it was all gone
    Now I'm lookin for somebody to take my pain out on
    But not just anybody, gee
    I'ma take that on to Mica cos she's the closest to me
    Full of that Ever-Clear and high on that buddah
    Get to the house all I'm thinkin bout is shootin her
    Cos shootin her would be sweet
    But you know what'd be sweeter? if I make her shootin me
    Call me crazy, but that's what I'm thinkin
    I'm trippin from all that smokin weed and drinkin
    But I knew she wouldn't do it on her own, so I provoked her
    Punched her, kicked her, and chocked her
    She still wouldn't grab the gun
    And at that time I wasn't thinkin about no one
    Damn near crazy I went and grabbed the baby
    Held him by the door and said i'ma throw his ass out, hoe
    She went to cryin, somebody stop him
    I said: you better grab the muthafuckin gun or i'ma drop him
    She snatched the baby out of my hands
    We started fighting, punching, scratching, and biting
    When we fell on the bed, check this shit
    All kinds of crazy shit was goin through my head
    So I ran and got the gun and came back to her
    Loaded it up and handed the gat to her
    I grabbed her hand and placed the gun to my eye muscle
    She screamed stop and then we broke into another tussle
    Yo, durin the fight the gun went off quick
    Damn! aw shit, I'm hit
    (Aw... my eye, I can't see
    Why you shot me in the eye?
    I woulda shot you in the body
    Why you shot me in the eye?)
    Ridin in the ambulance everything is hectic
    I can't get a grip, I just can't check this
    Everybody's cryin, could it be I'm dyin
    Bullet in my head, in the bed was lyin
    Where's Mica? I wanna tell her I love her
    With an [ ] in my arm I took a picture for an album cover
    Goddamn, the shit's a trip, gee
    Five different doctors with needles tryin to stick me
    I hear my family hollerin he needs us
    Durin the confusion, man, I seen jesus
    My mom's on the phone long-distance from New York
    Here comes the doctors again tryin to rip me apart
    I got a monkey on my back, I can't shake it
    I'm havin suicidal thoughts hopin that I don't make it
    But I'ma make it cos something's steady urgin me
    Five hours passed, I made it through surgery
    And the doctor said I wouldn't make it through the night
    But god told me everything is gonna be alright
    And I'm glad that I'm here, gee
    But it's fucked up I had to lose an eye to see shit clearly

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

It's true firewater. Have a water chaser ready.

• I did once, when I was 14.

Chased it with Dr. Pepper and Jack!

• used to drink that shit in high school, never straight though. usually mixed in a soda so we could walk around town and get twisted.

makes me sick just thinking about it, really. not recommended.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Spent a week on Loft Mountain in Virginia drinking Everclear mixed with Kool-Aid and sniffing liquid Amyl Nitrate......I only remember about the first 30 minutes of it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That shit is pure evil. It can make you go blind. I think that's only temporary though?

I had moonshine once when I was like 15, pretty much pure alcohol. We suddenly all started running around frantically in my friend's backyard yelling how "There's only 15 seconds left in 2:19!!!!!!!!!!!!"

not sure why it affected us that way.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I've only had it once years ago at my brother-in laws house. I didn't get that fucked up, but I had to carry my wife inside if that tells you anything.
    I still have a brand new bottle he gave me around here somewhere.

• I've only had it once years ago at my brother-in laws house.

dude that's pretty cool you have a bro-in-law you can drink with though.

mine's a straight PUSSY. showing up at the BBQ with a sixer of Zima talmbout, "but it goes down so smooth!"

• alcoholics.

i've had it in hairy buffalo and shit like that, never drank it straight and can't imagine why you would want to unless you had a death wish.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I've only had it once years ago at my brother-in laws house.

mine's a straight PUSSY. showing up at the BBQ with a sixer of Zima talmbout, "but it goes down so smooth!"

Yeah, I've seen pictures of him. I can understand why though. When you have the hands of a 6 year old girl its hard to hold anything bigger than a Zima.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I've only had it once years ago at my brother-in laws house.

Yeah, I've seen pictures of him. I can understand why though. When you have the hands of a 6 year old girl its hard to hold anything bigger than a Zima.

well...scooby do.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The very common thing back when I was a drunken house party afficianado...was for a watermelon to be laced with a bottle of Everclear, then cut up for consumption. That, or some other form of Everclear-laced trash can fruit punch.

There's a Mexican spot in town here in Austin called Baby Acapulco's that's specialty is Everclear margaritas.

And lastly my dude Gerald G stays posted up at the club doublefisting a pair of Everclear and cranberries. I always have to tell him when he insists on buying me drinks that vodka and cranberry is good enough for me.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I have definitely downed more than my fair share of this vile stuff - and I will still fuck with it to this day given the right environment (no banjo). The way it burns on the way down is immediate evolutionary evidence that humans are not actually supposed to drink this stuff. Really.

First time users be careful. About a minute after your first sip you'll get a pleasant, low-level buzz that settles in and doesn't really feel like it's headed toward blackout territory. The temptation at this point is to continue drinking at at your normal pace. This is incorrect. Fail to proceed with caution and you will go from life of the party to rambling idiot in less time than it takes soul_syndrome to find an unreleased acetate. I made this mistake several months ago in New York and the results were not pretty.

I have seen some friends do some pretty outlandish things while under its influence. Some examples:

- throwing a 10lb hand weight through a flat screen TV.
    - one friend betting another that he could pull a knife out of the other dude's hand...by the blade (sorry about the blood stains Ms. *******)
    - setting fireworks off indoors.
    - taking a bath at 11pm while fully clothed (i.e. about 15 minutes before our group was supposed to leave for the bar)

All of these things seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    The very common thing back when I was a drunken house party afficianado...was for a watermelon to be laced with a bottle of Everclear, then cut up for consumption. That, or some other form of Everclear-laced trash can fruit punch.

Yes. Both of these are awesome. Watermelon is an especially excellent way to consume controlled amounts of everclear.

• How did I know Aaron would show up in this thread to drop knowledge

Break Self indeed

• dayday 9,611 Posts

- throwing a 10lb hand weight through a flat screen TV.
    - one friend betting another that he could pull a knife out of the other dude's hand...by the blade (sorry about the blood stains Ms. *******)
    - setting fireworks off indoors.
    - taking a bath at 11pm while fully clothed (i.e. about 15 minutes before our group was supposed to leave for the bar)

All of these things seemed perfectly reasonable at the time.

I'm thinking about these and weighing the TV vs. the experience and I honestly have to side with Everclear. Then again, it wasn't my TV.

• First time users be careful. About a minute after your first sip you'll get a pleasant, low-level buzz that settles in and doesn't really feel like it's headed toward blackout territory. The temptation at this point is to continue drinking at at your normal pace. This is incorrect. Fail to proceed with caution and you will go from life of the party to rambling idiot in less time than it takes soul_syndrome to find an unreleased acetate. I made this mistake several months ago in New York and the results were not pretty.

the man knows what he's talking about. i fucked with this for a while last year before one really bad experience. had it in jungle juice a couple times and enjoyed the drunk, so i figured the next logical step was shots. definitely not the way to go. 3 (maybe 4?) of them shits in fairly close proximity and i was kneeling at the toilet. Next try was a shot to start off the night and then make this shit I dubbed "Danger Juice." I took a large styrofoam cup from the school's caf, filled 1/3 with Everclear, 1/3 Redbull and 1/3 Sprite. That's what I thought it was like but by the end of the night I had only about a quarter of the bottle leftover.

My friends still tell me stories about me stumbling through the dorm halls in an attempt to get to the bathroom and literally falling backwards, straight on my back. I had to tell them about how I vomited all over my roommate's rug, all on my bed, my clothes, a fairly new pair of SB Dunks and some random stuff I found at the end of the year. I woke up to the worst smell possible in a pair of swimming trunks and not bedding in the middle of March.

End of story. Sooooo, if you're gonna try Everclear, dilute the shit out of it first. Jungle juice is fun (making it this weekend to accompany a keg), put it in a watermelon, or just don't do it at all.

taking a bath at 11pm while fully clothed (i.e. about 15 minutes before our group was supposed to leave for the bar)

• Drink with caution, I guess it goes without saying really. I live in West Virginia at the moment and everclear and moonshine are regular staples of a party. If you know how to pace it they can both be very enjoyable. The real treat is the fruit infused moonshines, a co-worker gave me some peach for christmas in an old water bottle and I still have most of it, so good.

• Ughh..why did you have to remind me of drinking this shit? If you drinking it straight, pace yourself...I learned my lesson as a teenager.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    high school was the time we messed with HI punch & eva clear
    then in college we learnt how to spike a keg with a pint
    (certain tap style related)

not much difference than jamaican overproof white rum (the shit that powered studio one)
    &
    mountain moonshine (with a faint taste of apple, so good)

your head will hurt the next day

• Yeah, skip Everclear and stick with real moonshine. Quick and to the point..if that is your thing.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I live in West Virginia at the moment and everclear and moonshine are regular staples of a party.

The real treat is the fruit infused moonshines, a co-worker gave me some[/b] peach for christmas in an old water bottle[/b] and I still have most of it, so good.

It's remarkable how, having never been to West Virginia, both of these things fit perfectly with my image of the state. Is there an unusually high incidence of overall-wearing as well?

• I live in West Virginia at the moment and everclear and moonshine are regular staples of a party.

The real treat is the fruit infused moonshines, a co-worker gave me some[/b] peach for christmas in an old water bottle[/b] and I still have most of it, so good.

It's remarkable how, having never been to West Virginia, both of these things fit perfectly with my image of the state. Is there an unusually high incidence of overall-wearing as well?

Yeah, the worse part is that your ideas about west virginia are probably true and then some. Snake churches, moonshine, all that. Basically major heshian shit, it kinda rules though. And when you show people were you live you make the shape of your hand into flipping the bird with your thumb out and thats the map.

Im right below the middle finger.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I live in West Virginia at the moment and everclear and moonshine are regular staples of a party.

Yeah, the worse part is that your ideas about west virginia are probably true and then some. Snake churches, moonshine, all that. Basically major heshian shit, it kinda rules though. And when you show people were you live you make the shape of your hand into flipping the bird with your thumb out and thats the map.

Im right below the middle finger.

Word? Then from your spelling, grammar, and punctuation, I would also hazard a guess that you may be the smartest man in West Virginia. Granted, that's like being the tallest man in China, but congratulations nonetheless.

• I've done the Everclear and the Moonshine route and I would have to say that at least with Everclear you can have some idea of what you're getting yourself into proof wise. I had a party with the Everclear punch where I told people, "have one glass and then wait a bit, don't overdo it." They did not heed my warnings and... one of my friends disappeared and returned with my shop vac which he had"modified into a bong dood" and lost a half ounce. Another ripped up every tree in my neighbors yard. One passed out outside and got hypothermia just to name a few. It was a Frickin' awesome party. Just remember shit can get surious(ly fun), and I totally can see someone throwing a weight through a TV hahahahaha. I guess this is an endorsement.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

not much difference than jamaican overproof white rum (the shit that powered studio one)
    &

There's something harsher called "John Crow Batty Rum" which they sneak off the estate by soaking old crocus bags(hemp sacks) and wringing them out afterwards.I've heard it smells really bad hence the name.Sometimes they combine it with weed in the bottle and leave it to make a new concoction.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn Everclear doesn't sound that bad!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Damn Everclear doesn't sound that bad!

for real... and all this time i thought this thread was about:

i don't think I have ever seen this in Canada though.. somehow i doubt it is readily available?

Real headz who know the deal plaese to drop knowledge.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

&

There's something harsher called "John Crow Batty Rum" which they sneak off the estate by soaking old crocus bags(hemp sacks) and wringing them out afterwards.I've heard it smells really bad hence the name.Sometimes they combine it with weed in the bottle and leave it to make a new concoction.

I think it may go by another name: "Instant Death".