recording noisy neighbors?

2»

Comments

• I filled my noisy neighbors bike frame with sardines. Just pull the seat out and jam the smelly little fish into the frame . Sure to rot and stink and destroy the bike. I did this the day I moved out and it was after over a year of calling the cops, nearly beating them with a hammer, and sleeping at my girlfriends house because I couldn't handle the noise.

Now I own a single family home and besides gunshots I never hear my neighbors.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

did anyone think of this?

• x 1,000,000

That's what I use.

No

• When people are TOO loud, I take that as provication.

I proceed to turn on my EON 16"? monitors and play my loudest, most grating, and most bass heavy music I have. Usually some tech gnar drum n bass that I have only for these occasions.

I let it roll through 1 or 2 tracks. There are people down the block coming out of their places to see what the fuck is going on. By the time I'm done, the whole place is quiet. Either that or my hearing has been damaged so I don't hear them anymore. Either way, problem solved.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    When people are TOO loud, I take that as provication.

I proceed to turn on my EON 16"? monitors and play my loudest, most grating, and most bass heavy music I have. Usually some tech gnar drum n bass that I have only for these occasions.

I let it roll through 1 or 2 tracks. There are people down the block coming out of their places to see what the fuck is going on. By the time I'm done, the whole place is quiet. Either that or my hearing has been damaged so I don't hear them anymore. Either way, problem solved.

landlord friendly solution aswell. lol

i used to do that when i lived alone.

• i thought of these recordings when i clicked on this thread

and you live in the lower haight right?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    oh I just thought of another good one...

record a cd of some annoying ass noises, like babies crying and shit like that, and put your speakers on something high up and point them straight at the ceiling. turn that shit up, put it on loop and put in some ear plugs and go to sleep.

I did this once with a telemarketer back in the day. I was working on a mixtape at the time (yes, an actual tape, this was that long ago) and I had this record of baby "waaaaaaaaaa!" that I was cutting up. My phone then rang, and since I was in a certain business at the time that depended on me answering the phone, I had to stop the tape and answer the phone since I didn't have caller ID. I pick up the phone, and it's a telemarketer trying to get me to switch long distance plans. Having a genetic hatred for these guys, I slowly creep up the levels on the baby crying to piss off the guy. Eventually he keeps apologizing for bothering me at this time, and I just keep increasing the volume, little by little, laughing to myself the whole time. After this got boring, I asked him if he could hold on for a second, as I had to comfort my baby. He said sure, and I put the phone down on the mixer, and screamed profanities and clapped my hands together to sound like I was yelling at and beating the crap out of the baby. "Shut the fuck up, you wothless piece of shit, you're just as much a c*nt as your mother!," SLAP! I then immediately cut the volume and said "You know what, man? This is all well and good, but I got a little situation here I gotta take care of, can you call me back tomorrow? Thanks!" and hung up. I didn't care he would call back again, I just can't imagine what he told his buddies after that.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

record a cd of some annoying ass noises, like babies crying and shit like that, and put your speakers on something high up and point them straight at the ceiling. turn that shit up, put it on loop and put in some ear plugs and go to sleep.

I did this once with a telemarketer back in the day. I was working on a mixtape at the time (yes, an actual tape, this was that long ago) and I had this record of baby "waaaaaaaaaa!" that I was cutting up. My phone then rang, and since I was in a certain business at the time that depended on me answering the phone, I had to stop the tape and answer the phone since I didn't have caller ID. I pick up the phone, and it's a telemarketer trying to get me to switch long distance plans. Having a genetic hatred for these guys, I slowly creep up the levels on the baby crying to piss off the guy. Eventually he keeps apologizing for bothering me at this time, and I just keep increasing the volume, little by little, laughing to myself the whole time. After this got boring, I asked him if he could hold on for a second, as I had to comfort my baby. He said sure, and I put the phone down on the mixer, and screamed profanities and clapped my hands together to sound like I was yelling at and beating the crap out of the baby. "Shut the fuck up, you wothless piece of shit, you're just as much a c*nt as your mother!," SLAP! I then immediately cut the volume and said "You know what, man? This is all well and good, but I got a little situation here I gotta take care of, can you call me back tomorrow? Thanks!" and hung up. I didn't care he would call back again, I just can't imagine what he told his buddies after that.

Excellent.

B/W

"I was in a certain business at the time that depended on me answering the phone"

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

Excellent.

B/W

"I was in a certain business at the time that depended on me answering the phone"

I don't know what you're talking about, B.

B/W

Wasn't me