Star Wars figurines... who’s still got them?

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
who's *STILL* got their star wars figurines back from when they were a kid???mine were in storage at my moms, i had a yak face, han in carbonite, etc. and my brother sold them.... i was fuming.... i bought a collection cheap in the 90s but it just isn't the same... i remember mailing away for the nien numb figure...and i remember circling off the checklist and getting amped to go to k-mart on saturdays to cop a new figure (one a week)...pepsi japan have a pretty dope campaign at the moment with bottle tops with stormtroopers and that on it, bringing back the memories...peace.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I got 'em all - kept them brom back in the day & was careful with them, too. Those were the best action figures made...

h

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    As I remember they were manufactured by Kenner. Whatever happened to that company?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    didn't hasbro buy them out??

the kenner packaging on the old toys was classic...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    only figures i still have any of are heman...

do you have man at arms?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    do you have man at arms?

yup, this post motivated me to go find that box, i have more then i thought...i kept them so my kid can see the kind of shit we played with back in the day when hes watching dvds on the back of his eyelids

...and just becuase heman is

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Man I trashed these things and I don't care. You pretty much have to have these in the package if you want to get money for them.

After Empire Strikes Back I stared putting them in freezer in a glass of water and it wasn't long before they started falling apart.

• didn't hasbro buy them out??

i could be totally wrong but i think kenner was george lucas's company.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    didn't hasbro buy them out??

i could be totally wrong but i think kenner was george lucas's company.

http://www.kennertoys.com/

Kenner went to General Mills in the 60s, then to Tonka, then Hasbro in the early 90s...Kenner Products died in 2000.

• i am totally wrong

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i am totally wrong

didnt mean to sound uppity. sorry if it seemed that way. all 3.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    I don't. I wish.

• i am totally wrong

ohhh nah, totally didnt take it that way.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i am totally wrong

ohhh nah, totally didnt talk it that way.

word.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

ORKO IS WACK!! Fuck that BS cartoon, it totally did not follow the original story form the comic books that came with the figures.

And yeah, I still got all my figures in storage - Star Wars, GI Joe, MOTU, Transformers - gonna have to break that out for some Ebay income...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i've still got a nice big pile of starwars, GI-Joes, Transformers back at my moms house.. all neatly stored away.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    do you have man at arms?

yup, this post motivated me to go find that box, i have more then i thought...i kept them so my kid can see the kind of shit we played with back in the day when hes watching dvds on the back of his eyelids

...and just becuase heman is

fuck all them

but mossman is the shit. tough to scoop at thrift stores

that packaging brings back memories. i used to look at that shit for hours. i still know all those names: nien numb, admiral akbar, gamorean pig guards, hammerhead, snaggletooth, IG88, bosk, wampa, uggnauts, salicious crumb. who were the other dudes to send away for? annakin skywalker, nien numb, squidface? i was kinda dissapointed when i got annakin, he was old looking and corny in his jedi cloak. boo. bounty hunters were always the best...boba fett, hands down. also the princess leia figure with the mask (from ROTJ).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my neighbor had the emperor with the lightning bolts that attached to his fingers...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i was always int othe cantena dudes.. Walrus Man, Hammerhead, and my all time fave Gredo. I had the Cantina set and would spend hours serving up adventures with Walrus man behind the Bar. I was never a big skywalker fan, and WTF was up with Darth Vader and his head.. shit was too big for his body.. i popped a couple off by accident i recall.

i picked a huge pile up fro ma buddy who was throwin g all his out!!!! replaced most of the ones i'd had but had broken.. and luckily he'd sent away for most of the mail in dudes too. so now my settup is pretty nice...

there's a really dope coffee table book my buddy has with a nice two page shot of all the figures lined up..
    there's also some crazy prototype dudes too.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    damn i still got a big box full of star wars and gi joe figures. minus han solo cause I chopped off his head in a battle one time
    i always liked gi joes better because they had moveable limbs.

who has the darth vadar mask/case? I wish i still had that. in fact i wish i still had not opened all those figures and i would be selling them on ebay for $$$.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Yeah and you could hold the body and the legs and make it looked like they were pumping something... big fun...

• I still got all my shit in my mom's basement...

That was my childhood right there.

Lately, I'm really diggin the Star Wars Kubrick figures. Pretty excited because the new series comes out today. Check 'em out...

Series 4:

Series 3:

Series 2:

Series 1:

Earlybird set:

http://www.kubism.net/C_STARWARS/SW_SERIES1/C_SW1_TOP.html

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I copped one of these back in the day for 15 bucks!!!! still got it too

blue snaggletooth raer

with the ill cesar

damn i still got a big box full of star wars and gi joe figures. minus han solo cause I chopped off his head in a battle one time

who has the darth vadar mask/case? I wish i still had that. in fact i wish i still had not opened all those figures and i would be selling them on ebay for $$$.

gijoe is gay. fuck the swivel grip bullshit. i faded out on action figures right before they hit hard anyway. i see those darth vader cases all the time at the flea markets. 5 bucks each usually.