Upcoming Movies

13»

Comments

• RACE THREAD ALERT!

shame on you; you should know this book is about the shameful European colonial legacy in the developing world, and any movie based on it (not to mention any kid who likes this book) should be condemned.

Forest Whitaker as the Wild Things.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chicago 10 (about '68 riots, animated a la "Waking Life")

Animated? I thought Spielberg was putting out a movie on the chicago 10, with Sacha Baron Cohen? No? Same film?

- spidey

I was pretty baked most of the time when I took "The Sixties" as an American Studies course in college, but they were the Chicago Seven, right? Who are the other three?

I get mixed up about all those cases, the only one I remember for certain is the Catonsville 9 due to the local connection. But the film is indeed called the Chicago 10:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905979/

Edit: and wikipedia offers this which may clear things up...
    "Chicago 10 is a 2007 animated film written and directed by Brett Morgen and tells the story of the Chicago Seven. The film features the voices of Hank Azaria, Dylan Baker, Nick Nolte, Mark Ruffalo, Roy Scheider, Liev Schreiber, and Jeffrey Wright and contains archive footage of David Dellinger, Abbie Hoffman, William Kunstler, Jerry Rubin, Bobby Seale, and Leonard Weinglass. The title refers to the collection of the Chicago Seven, Seale (a member of the original Chicago Eight), and Kunstler and Weinglass, defense attorneys for the Seven."

This always fucked me up too. Its either the Chicago 7, 8 or 10 depending on who you talk to. I've been pysched to see this since last year when it got great reviews at Sundance. It's directed by my next door neighbor from college, Brett Morgen. That dude was straight comedy.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Chicago 10 (about '68 riots, animated a la "Waking Life")

Animated? I thought Spielberg was putting out a movie on the chicago 10, with Sacha Baron Cohen? No? Same film?

- spidey

I was pretty baked most of the time when I took "The Sixties" as an American Studies course in college, but they were the Chicago Seven, right? Who are the other three?

I get mixed up about all those cases, the only one I remember for certain is the Catonsville 9 due to the local connection. But the film is indeed called the Chicago 10:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905979/

Edit: and wikipedia offers this which may clear things up...
    "Chicago 10 is a 2007 animated film written and directed by Brett Morgen and tells the story of the Chicago Seven. The film features the voices of Hank Azaria, Dylan Baker, Nick Nolte, Mark Ruffalo, Roy Scheider, Liev Schreiber, and Jeffrey Wright and contains archive footage of David Dellinger, Abbie Hoffman, William Kunstler, Jerry Rubin, Bobby Seale, and Leonard Weinglass. The title refers to the collection of the Chicago Seven, Seale (a member of the original Chicago Eight), and Kunstler and Weinglass, defense attorneys for the Seven."

This always fucked me up too. Its either the Chicago 7, 8 or 10 depending on who you talk to. I've been pysched to see this since last year when it got great reviews at Sundance. It's directed by my next door neighbor from college, Brett Morgen. That dude was straight comedy.

yeah, very eager to see it... my coworker caught it at sundance january 07 and loved it, on the basis of which we tried to convince them to play our festival last may to no avail.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Remind me, what's good about Gus Van Sant again?

- spidey

Drugstore Cowboy - though I am not certain how well it has aged.

I actually watched this again around a year ago and after getting over the shock that it was almost twenty years old thought it didn't hold up too badly. Felt more mannered than I remembered from when I watched it a decade and a half ago and was easier to spot the intentional effort to be a hip film but was still enjoyable and had forgotten how good Dillon could be.