Clipse "We Got It For Cheap Vol. 3" Just Leaked...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Who's heard it yet?

Comments

• You're welcome.

• This kinda bored me. Well, except for the West Coast classics medley.

And what's with hoLmes airing out his asshurtedness with Pharell on a song called "Emotionless?"

• Pushing the boundaries of crack-metaphors to the limit.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

Pushing the boundaries of the photoshop feather tool to the limit

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This kinda bored me. Well, except for the West Coast classics medley.

And what's with hoLmes airing out his asshurtedness with Pharell on a song called "Emotionless?"

this does not sound encouraging.

• Wamp Wamp... I haven't listened but I can tell u to stick a fork in them... Sorry Malice... Pusha could have an ok future with some direction and good producers.... Otherwise, it's a wrap...

• This kinda bored me. Well, except for the West Coast classics medley.

this does not sound encouraging.
    Yeah, it's nowhere near as good as the previous couple volumes. Still got some things on there though, so it's worth checking out.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Wamp Wamp... I haven't listened but I can tell u to stick a fork in them... Sorry Malice... Pusha could have an ok future with some direction and good producers.... Otherwise, it's a wrap...

Photobucket

there are good songs on this mixtapes and great lyricks by Pusha...

worth checking out...i disagree with the fact that the clipse are done...I beleive this tape to be promising give it a listen

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Been waiting for this! (though I'm a little less excited based on the response posted here so far.)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Been waiting for this! (though I'm a little less excited based on the response posted here so far.)

I don't know why anybody would allow a lukewarm response from a bunch of SoulStrut dudes to temper their anticipation; it's not like most of these dudes even like rap.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

I don't know why anybody would allow a lukewarm response from a bunch of SoulStrut dudes to temper their anticipation; it's not like most of these dudes even like rap.

lol

Oh well, I just skipped through the first couple of tracks and it's sounding pretty good to me, feeling the beat selection so far (Roc Boys, Good Morning & Dey Know).

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    shouldnt "scenario 2008" actually br called "jigga my n***a 2008"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm always late, but thanks for putting this up; I've been playing it a lot on my way to and from the factory. Very few clinkers. Dudes sound hongry.

I don't keep up with The World of Rap real well, so I'm hoping maybe someone more informed can help me out with a small matter: In the first verse of "Cry Now", is dude rapping "Ain't no King-dreamin', cheek-turnin' and talkin' out / Ask Vick, ask Tip: they still lynchin' in the South"? That's what I hear when I listen to it, but I'm wondering if 1) the tune's ATL references ("Walk It Out", MLK and/or King) and 2) the whole record's air of Everybody Must Get Dissed (just when you thought it was safe, King Sun!) just have me imagining a phantom T.I. dart where one doesn't exist. Is there some actual Clipse/Clifford beef that I would know about if I read more, or am I just hearing things?

shouldnt "scenario 2008" actually br called "jigga my n***a 2008"

I think that Swizz beat is from Ruff Riders' "Scenario 2000" (although it's not actually a track I've heard in ~9 years)--it was never clear to me what the connection between that cut and the original "Scenaro" was supposed to be, other than they are both posse cuts.

I'm always late, but thanks for putting this up; I've been playing it a lot on my way to and from the factory. Very few clinkers. Dudes sound hongry.

I don't keep up with The World of Rap real well, so I'm hoping maybe someone more informed can help me out with a small matter: In the first verse of "Cry Now", is dude rapping "Ain't no King-dreamin', cheek-turnin' and talkin' out / Ask Vick, ask Tip: they still lynchin' in the South"? That's what I hear when I listen to it, but I'm wondering if 1) the tune's ATL references ("Walk It Out", MLK and/or King) and 2) the whole record's air of Everybody Must Get Dissed (just when you thought it was safe, King Sun!) just have me imagining a phantom T.I. dart where one doesn't exist. Is there some actual Clipse/Clifford beef that I would know about if I read more, or am I just hearing things?

I am not really seeing that.

Also not seeing the reason for the hate directed at this tape.

• Also not seeing the reason for the hate directed at this tape.

A lot of dudes - particularly those of middling talent - succeed principally through the traffic of passed opinion, which cushions their relative lack of ingenuity in a virtually impenetrable shield of nonplussed "over it"-ness... as if to imply that anyone who's truly hip will not only follow their taste, but think a bit more highly of their product itself than might otherwise be warranted.

Also not seeing the reason for the hate directed at this tape.

A lot of dudes - particularly those of middling talent - succeed principally through the traffic of passed opinion, which cushions their relative lack of ingenuity in a virtually impenetrable shield of nonplussed "over it"-ness... as if to imply that anyone who's truly hip will not only follow their taste, but think a bit more highly of their product itself than might otherwise be warranted.

^^^REGIONAL BIAS^^^

b/w

^^^THE MAN WHO PUT THE "TEAL" IN A.T.L.^^^

Nah, I'm not sure how much I'm really seeing it, either; I just can't for the life of me figure out what the last part of the line is. I probably need to quit copping downmarket ear buds at Walgreen's. What can I do, though--THEY GOT 'EM FOR CHEAP.

^^^REGIONAL BIAS^^^

b/w

Nah, I'm not sure how much I'm really seeing it, either; I just can't for the life of me figure out what the last part of the line is. I probably need to quit copping downmarket ear buds at Walgreen's. What can I do, though--THEY GOT 'EM FOR CHEAP.

You know about T.I.'s recent arrest for purchasing fire-arms, right?

He's been confined to his house for the past four months.

A legal lynching in the view of the brothers Thornton--more a gesture of solidarity than a dis.

• I am not really seeing that.

^^^REGIONAL BIAS^^^

b/w

"Ask Vick, ask Tip: they still lynchin' in the South"

not having actually heard it, mind you, I'd say the meaning is pretty clear: two residents of the South who caught charges this year. I guess dudes consider the charges to have been bogus, i.e. that these dudes were unfairly singled out/persecuted. Where's the percieved T.I. diss?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I can't answer this but I do want to say that the King Sun diss (albeit indirectly) just about killed me.

^^^REGIONAL BIAS^^^

b/w

You know about T.I.'s recent arrest for purchasing fire-arms, right?

He's been confined to his house for the past four months.

Oh shit--I did know about that (there was a circulated photo with, like, a picnic table full of seized guns, right?), but had forgotten entirely. That would certainly explain the line, then, as well as the context (pairing him with Michael Vick).

As a token of my appreciation for this clarification, I have renewed your subscriptions to Murder Dog and Callaloo. RE-UP, RE-UP!

Seriously, though: Thanks, dude. That was bugging me.

• Murder Dog

Michael Vick

dude.

I'm starting to feel that the belief in the first two volumes' "realism" is a bit overstated.

You can say my name, you know. I won't be offended.

Sayin' though, who said they hated it? I said it bored me, 40ozking didn't listen to it and Siro said it "still got some things on there."

You like it as much if not more than the first two? Cool. You want a cookie or something?

I'm starting to feel that the belief in the first two volumes' "realism" is a bit overstated.

Cheeky.

Did you really think that the first two volumes were chock-full of "realism"?

• I BOUGHT both We Got it Part Two and Hell Hath and thought it was just okay. I keep going back to Hell Hath every few months and I just end up skipping over most of the songs.

But how do the skreets feel about The Clipse getting a large amount of love from hypewearsupremehardasfuckturntablelab types, dare I say, more so than any other audience?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    have the skreets been buying clipse albums, or checking for them at all
    do we have any reason to believe folks were feeling the got it for cheaps more than gucci mane

• I never hear that schitt. It is novel to hear it when I'm out and about.

I play it a lot though.

Don't know what that says about The Clipse's music. I'll leave that to you guys.

• have the skreets been buying clipse albums, or checking for them at all
    do we have any reason to believe folks were feeling the got it for cheaps more than gucci mane

I don't know what the skreets feeling, that's why I'm asking Soulstrut. I think it's very safe to say Gucci Mane is a bit more on peoples radar. Dude had 3 LARGE radio hits and two of them being recent.