Pay Pal Question

FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Having trouble with my PayPal account. I just set it up last night so this dude could pay me for some posters I sent him. He paid me, PayPal shows the credit in my account. All good. I went to verify my account, and I'm still waiting for the spare change deposits to hit my checking so I can verify it. Since the money was just going to be sitting there for a couple days until this happens anyway, I figured I'd use some of the money from the posters to buy some flowers for the lady friend. I made a paypal purchase today through FTD or whatever, and it all went fine. My paypal account shows the debit, and I have a purchase confirmation in my email from both paypal and FTD. I call my girl tonight, no flowers. Check my PayPal account, there's a temporary hold placed on the payment to FTD. WTF? Not sure why. There's money in my PP account to cover the purchase, is this just because the account hasn't been verified yet, or is there something I'm missing here? Now my girlfriend's expecting flowers and I look like a chump. The page says it's a temp. hold, but I can't find anything as to why.