AND NOW THERE ARE TWO

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Republicans | Polls | County Results Candidate Votes % of votes Delegates won McCain 202,145 34% 0 Romney 181,995 31% 0 Giuliani 98,929 17% 0 Huckabee 78,151 13% 0 Paul 19,025 3% 0 Thompson 9,097 2% 0 Hunter 991 0% 0 20% of precincts reporting Giuliani bet everything on Florida. Huckababy was a flash in the pan.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Republicans | Polls | County Results
    Candidate Votes % of votes Delegates won
    McCain 202,145 34% 0
    Romney 181,995 31% 0
    Giuliani 98,929 17% 0
    Huckabee 78,151 13% 0
    Paul 19,025 3% 0
    Thompson 9,097 2% 0
    Hunter 991 0% 0
    20% of precincts reporting

Giuliani bet everything on Florida. Huckababy was a flash in the pan.

Wow, Rudy's campaign was over before it even started.

• Wow, Rudy's campaign was over before it even started.

saying. 2-3 months ago he looked like the definite front runner (to me at least).

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Wow, Rudy's campaign was over before it even started.

saying. 2-3 months ago he looked like the definite front runner (to me at least).

Rudy was polling that way, but those polls never made much sense. Polls that occur months in advance of an election have very little predictive value of actual voting behavior. And when it comes to the notion of actual voting behavior, the idea that Rudy Giuliani would win the majority of votes in GOP primaries nationwide never made any sense. At least not to me. He's too liberal on social issues (like gay rights, and abortion rights, and recycling) to satisfy the base of the GOP. He's ok on security, but he's no better than McCain, and McCain is much better on all the other issues that animate the GOP base.

I think Huckabee could still pull some weight in the super Tuesday primaries, but I might be wrong on that.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Saba, I remember you repping Mitt 6 months ago.

He still your man?

How willing are you to vote for McCain?

Seems like we had some other McCain supporters in the past. People who saw him as an independent.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fuck giuliani

g-rap says...you lose

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    might be a dumb question to some, but does anyone think if Obama gets thru, that he'll get members of the rap industry campaigning for him?

will we see a JayZ 'Run Obama Run' track?

Will Russell throw some kick ass fundraising block parties?

Or would the rap industry support Clinton?

I know he aint playing the race card but it is still strange not seeing any of the 'high flyers' of the rap industry helping out with the campaign....

I'd love to see Lil Jon do his campaign song... !!!!

Whats up with Nader, he still around?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I heard the entire "rap industry" actually shares the exact same political views so it will be interesting to see who it decides on endorsing.

Young Barack(a) Obama, I'm all for it!

might be a dumb question to some, but does anyone think if Obama gets thru, that he'll get members of the rap industry campaigning for him?

I know he aint playing the race card but it is still strange not seeing any of the 'high flyers' of the rap industry helping out with the campaign....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Saba, I remember you repping Mitt 6 months ago.

He still your man?

Seems like we had some other McCain supporters in the past. People who saw him as an independent.

He talked about Giuliani as well.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The far right hates McCain.

We're about to see just how large/small the far right really is.

The far right hates McCain.

We're about to see just how large/small the far right really is.

Word. They may just skip the election altogether since I can't see them rolling with Obama or Hillary.

• I heard the entire "rap industry" actually shares the exact same political views so it will be interesting to see who it decides on endorsing.

I heard the entire "rap industry" actually shares the exact same political views so it will be interesting to see who it decides on endorsing.

I KNOW the entire RAP INDUSTRY shares the same political view. CAPITALISM!

Or you saying there is a great deal of diversity between the top 10 selling RAP Acts?

Fiddy, Em, Jay, Weezy, Kanye etc... whats different about them? They all about money, they all about consumerism, they all about business..... Id say they would all be very similar in their political views....

come on no need to nitpick. I was asking a valid question cause Im interested in peoples answers, if im wrong then enlighten me....

• I heard the entire "rap industry" actually shares the exact same political views so it will be interesting to see who it decides on endorsing.

Or you saying there is a great deal of diversity between the top 10 selling RAP Acts?

Fiddy, Em, Jay, Weezy, Kanye etc... whats different about them? They all about money, they all about consumerism, they all about business..... Id say they would all be very similar in their political views....

come on no need to nitpick. I was asking a valid question cause Im interested in peoples answers, if im wrong then enlighten me....

"Barack Obama does not care about rap people."

"Barack Obama does not care about rap people."

hehehe I'll pay that!

I would have thought Kanye would be behind him. similar backgrounds and ambitions.....

This could be a disaster in November.

Baraka Obama supporter J-Rap Killa, whose lyrics are about pimpin' and selling drugs, has said, "Barak shares my values".

I don't see fox news giving that a pass.

• J-Rap Killa

what does his record sound like?

The Cult of Personality has no place in politics.

Yeah but in the real world?

Yeah but in the real world?

It's epidemic and destructive

Do you mean that celebs should not do endorsements?

Or the scarier cult that grows around some politicians?

J-Rap Killa

It's dope, I'll post up a sound clip later. And his music is very positive and uplifting. True, he raps about the life he sees on the street, because you know J-rap be keeping it real.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• Saba, I remember you repping Mitt 6 months ago.

He still your man?

He talked about Giuliani as well.

I wasn't paying attention back then, but last I heard he supported McCain

I could easily vote for him if Hillary was nominated. VP would have to be considered because McCain is so old. In this situation, Hillary would lose the state by 20-30 points despite Democratic governor + 2 Democratic Senators.

Shit, even David Brooks seems to be rolling for Obama.

Obama vs. McCain would be fascinating.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    J-Rap Killa

It's dope, I'll post up a sound clip later. And his music is very positive and uplifting. True, he raps about the life he sees on the street, because you know J-rap be keeping it real.

After seeing how Fox did Nas, I think they would even give Mr. Roger's the bum rap (pun only slightly intended).