Fake Jordans Related

2»

Comments

• I had some Jordans in the mid/late nineties when I was actually ballin, and those shit's could look like a paper bag on my foot for all I care, the way they perform. Stupid light, comfort, support, good grip. And they looked good, too.

I'm not a Jordan head so much but I have my grails I'm looking for and they aren't the trendy ones.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Jordans are truly the seventh element of hip hop--after double dutch.

Do u Double Dutch?

Never have.

True story:

I was part of the hip hop club at my undergrad. They used to host battles, and freestyle nights. it was an extremely solid, and prolific organization cinsudering that we were in Orlando. Some Zulu Nation dudes and dudettes came down to talk to us once. They were super Egypted out. The dude told us that Double Dutch is the sixth element of hip hop. Lots of barely audible loling follwed.

• Jordans are truly the seventh element of hip hop--after double dutch.

Do u Double Dutch?

Never have.

True story:

I was part of the hip hop club at my undergrad. They used to host battles, and freestyle nights. it was an extremely solid, and prolific organization cinsudering that we were in Orlando. Some Zulu Nation dudes and dudettes came down to talk to us once. They were super Egypted out. The dude told us that Double Dutch is the sixth element of hip hop. Lots of barely audible loling follwed.

Thus exposing the ness of college hip-hop clubs.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Thus showing the ness of college hip-hop clubs.

I don't know, it's kind of hard to take that seriously. I can see where the guy was coming from, but when you're trying to come up into a room full of rappers, djs, and graffers--who usually frown on anything that is not already established as 'cool'-- and be like, "Yo, you should be down with people who jump rope also," you can't expect a standing ovation.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Do u Double Dutch?

Never have.

True story:

My Father was involved w/ takin those DD teams to Europe when Rock Steady/Zulu toured back in the early 80's.

Double Dutch is older than Hip Hop, but when the game was expanding alot of kids were doing DD in the 70'd right along side the breakers/dj/rappers/graf....etc.

Its just a street sport that girls did. My Father made it into a sport back in 75.

Maclom Mclaren recognized its connection and called my pops to help bring in some teams for the Duck Rock album. To this day my pops/sister/and I hold a DD competition at the Apollo every Dec. For years it was at Lincoln Center and it moved to Haarlem in the 90's.

Th Zulu dude arent 100% correct, but btween like 79-86 DD and Hip Hop were like Peter Parker and the Symbiote. There's a Rock Steady 12" called Hey You The Rock Steady Crew whick acknowledes the connection btwn the two "street" expressions.

Back in like 84/85 my pops helped Swatch back(when Swatch was Hip Hop) promote the watch. There was a promo party in the subway in the Ave of Americas station.
    The Fat-Boys were there and kicked a little somethin along w/ a Double Dutch team.
    This was that real shit. Keith Haring watch and and all that. I went after skool to the party and copped a press pass and met the Fat Boys. Shit was incredible.

Dont get me started. Converse wanted to produce a Double Dutch sneaker.

• I never saw the do the right thing colored IIIs, I did see those Spikzeszez or whatever they call them in that colorway.

The colors themself are alright but that shoe has way too much going on....

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    "legit check" needs to be incorporated here.

also, These are dope:

• Air Jordan VI ???Batman Returns???
    When the Air Jordan VI came out, a pair was altered for Bruce Wayne in the movie ???Batman Forever???. Some pairs were made out of suede, and others were made out of leather.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    "legit check" needs to be incorporated here.

also, These are dope:

Are those old school, or new school, or new old school?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Do u Double Dutch?

Never have.

True story:

My Father was involved w/ takin those DD teams to Europe when Rock Steady/Zulu toured back in the early 80's.

Double Dutch is older than Hip Hop, but when the game was expanding alot of kids were doing DD in the 70'd right along side the breakers/dj/rappers/graf....etc.

Its just a street sport that girls did. My Father made it into a sport back in 75.

Maclom Mclaren recognized its connection and called my pops to help bring in some teams for the Duck Rock album. To this day my pops/sister/and I hold a DD competition at the Apollo every Dec. For years it was at Lincoln Center and it moved to Haarlem in the 90's.

Th Zulu dude arent 100% correct, but btween like 79-86 DD and Hip Hop were like Peter Parker and the Symbiote. There's a Rock Steady 12" called Hey You The Rock Steady Crew whick acknowledes the connection btwn the two "street" expressions.

Back in like 84/85 my pops helped Swatch back(when Swatch was Hip Hop) promote the watch. There was a promo party in the subway in the Ave of Americas station.
    The Fat-Boys were there and kicked a little somethin along w/ a Double Dutch team.
    This was that real shit. Keith Haring watch and and all that. I went after skool to the party and copped a press pass and met the Fat Boys. Shit was incredible.

This is awesome. My new favorite Batmon post of all time.

And not a jpeg in sight.

• "legit check" needs to be incorporated here.

also, These are dope:

Are those old school, or new school, or new old school?

Legend is that they put the jumpman on some pairs of these to test how it would look and hold up.

They are oldschool

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Air Jordan VI ???Batman Returns???
    When the Air Jordan VI came out, a pair was altered for Bruce Wayne in the movie ???Batman Forever???. Some pairs were made out of suede, and others were made out of leather.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

They are

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Do u Double Dutch?

Never have.

True story:

This is awesome. My new favorite Batmon post of all time.

And not a jpeg in sight.

seriously great post

and herm those green ones are hot

cant wait to get back to peru for the cheap (stolen) market