So what are you doing with your REBATE CHECK?

2»

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    clothes, booze, &

is that a 3/4 scale? Been thinking about scoring a OG Mustang bass.

• is that a 3/4 scale? Been thinking about scoring a OG Mustang bass.

It's a 1963 Harmony H22, as played by the likes of Ronnie Lane and Muff Winwood. Full hollow-body with a short 30" scale.
    I've wanted one for a minute now, and I've got a lead on a good cheap one.

• I don't hate the package. It just seems like a kneejerk reaction, maybe a little too little too late. I know it would never happen, but I wish George W. would act like Jimmy Carter, put on a cardigan, and say, "We need to slow up on the spending. Dial down your thermostats, don't drive as much, stop buying electronic, and save your money."

REAL TALK

Right now, for the ecnomy to sustain itself and not go in recession it pretty much depends on folks spending more than they make. The average American has to keep going in debt to buy crap he doesn't need, or to sustain a way of life that is actually above the income level.

So we encourage people to keep going that direction so our ecenomy doesn't go into recession...at some point is has to topple anyway. On the same note, our government has massive deficits and a mind boggling debt, but we give money to folks in hopes they will spend it to keep our ecnomy afloat instead of dealing with the pain now for the ultimate greater good.

At some point we have to be grown up and tighten our belts until things level out.

• am i the only one who thought of futurama when this was announced?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    am i the only one who thought of futurama when this was announced?

Nope, I thought the same thing. Just don't buy any Bamboo Boogie Boots!

Anyway, I'll probably use my check to do something that pisses off the administration. Maybe open up an abortion clinic with a bunch of gay atheist illegal immigrants.

Well, either that or pay off some bills.

• How in the hell are a bunch of checks that go out in June going to help the economy that is tanking right now? Is this just supposed to be some kind of confidence booster, like we are all so excited about our $300 this summer that we will spend a bunch of money now?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Go out for dinner and drinks.