STYX vs R.E.O. SPEEDWAGON

2»

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I remember having the chu bop version of hi infidelity. Or was it Billy Joel's glass houses? I believe I chewed it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Can't really say that I've listened to them much within the past 25 years...but when I was a kid, Styx was definitely alright by me...as well as just about everyone else with white skin in my neighborhood. I had Cornerstone, Pieces of Eight, and Paradise Theater and there were some formidable songs on them from my then-pre-teen view.

"Babe, I'm leaving, I must be on my way, the time is drawing near..."

"I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps and a bottle of cold brew..."

"I feel so helpless like a boat against the tide, rumor has it it's the end of paradise..."

I mean, they clearly were no Cheap Trick...but I find it sad that people now have to resort to revising history to the point of making it seem like groups such as Styx, Kansas, Boston, Rush, etc. weren't successful as a result of kids actually liking their respective music.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

I mean, they clearly were no Cheap Trick...but I find it sad that people now have to resort to revising history to the point of making it seem like groups such as Styx, Kansas, Boston, Rush, etc. weren't successful as a result of kids actually liking their respective music.

Boston and Rush weren't successful???

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Why do you quote him and then act like he said something else?

Why are you sorta angry? Have I angered you? Maybe I just read it wrong? It does say that those groups WEREN'T successful - maybe that's what he was saying people were revising? Or were was their reasoning the revision? But yea....why are you sorta all of the sudden giving me shit?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    But yea....why are you sorta all of the sudden giving me shit?

It's OK - you're obviously not very bright.

But yea....why are you sorta all of the sudden giving me shit?

It's OK - you're obviously not very bright.

Wowsers. Guess not!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I mean, they clearly were no Cheap Trick...but I find it sad that people now have to resort to revising history[/b] to the point of making it seem like groups[/b] such as Styx, Kansas, Boston, Rush, etc. weren't successful as a result of kids actually liking their[/b] respective music[/b].

Maybe I just read it wrong?[/b]