Sell, sell, sell

Comments

• Fuck the greedy-ass losers who made this whole thing possible: The people who took these loans.

Ever heard of "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"?

Ever stop to think that maybe you should plop down a few hundred for a lawyer to make sure what you're doing won't fuck you later? You know, it's not like buying a home isn't the biggest financial decision you can make in your life!

I do not blame the banks.

And to think that our taxes will be bailing these idiots out... ridiculous...

Being a consumer whore isn't funny to me.

maybe you should do a little research before you talk shit
    most of the loans were dis disproportionately bought by minorities in "bad" neighborhoods - south central LA and detroit

Why would that ever change my mind?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Fuck the greedy-ass losers who made this whole thing possible: The people who took these loans.

Ever stop to think that maybe you should plop down a few hundred for a lawyer to make sure what you're doing won't fuck you later? You know, it's not like buying a home isn't the biggest financial decision you can make in your life!

most of the loans were dis disproportionately bought by minorities in "bad" neighborhoods - south central LA and detroit

cool you played yourself again

• Fuck the greedy-ass losers who made this whole thing possible: The people who took these loans.

cool you played yourself again

I'm supposed to feel sorry for people making horrible financial decisions because they're minorities?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kala....ever borrow money out on the street.....it's very easy.

Know what happens if you don't pay it back......it's very ugly.

Doesn't matter what color, race or religion you are...you fucked up.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    The street has always been absurd in terms of compensation, to tie their mistakes to the losses incurred by the brokerage firms is an interesting exercise (although most of the people in these firms do totaly different things than create mortgage products and don't deserve "punishment" just for being in the same industry.) The people who lose money on Wall Street get fired instantaneously. The big difference between the street and working for a bank was the pure devotion to making money. On the street if you make a mistake and it didn't create a meaningful loss it was not a problem. In a bank a mistake is never forgiven or forgoten.

• The street has always been absurd in terms of compensation, to tie their mistakes to the losses incurred by the brokerage firms is an interesting exercise (although most of the people in these firms do totaly different things than create mortgage products and don't deserve "punishment" just for being in the same industry.) The people who lose money on Wall Street get fired instantaneously. The big difference between the street and working for a bank was the pure devotion to making money. On the street if you make a mistake and it didn't create a meaningful loss it was not a problem. In a bank a mistake is never forgiven or forgoten.

Blah blah blah... still doesn't get what personal responsibility means.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    minorities in "bad" neighborhoods

the way I like my women

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Fuck the greedy-ass losers who made this whole thing possible: The people who took these loans.

I'm flattered. I don't think we've ever agreed on anything.

Or are you in a cosine happy mode right now?

I'm amazed anyone would disagree with this.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I agree with what you said 100% (pretty scary shit) .... I don't sympathize with these stupid ass people at all....In fact,i'm pissed .

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Wow, trying to blame the people who took out these loans.

The banks actively pushed these loans. It is their job, as a lending institution, to make financially sound choices to ensure that they get their money back. They aren't, because they made loans to people who should not have qualified. They are the experts, and they made bad decisions thinking they could get away with it.

These are everyday people we are talking about here. High school education, maybe less. No one ever taught them proper financial planning or the right way to handle their money. If you come from a poor background, the idea that you could own your own home is tempting - something many people never believed would be possible. And once you see friends in the neighborhood doing it - you trust that it's a rational choice.

Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice. They are already having to deal with having their lives destroyed. They do not need you blaming them for our fucked up economy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So much vitriol!

Where is the young dreamer who sees bedroom eyes every time a woman crosses his path?

b/w

I'm feeling the evolution from angry white dude to angry proponent of fiscal responsibility.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

The banks actively pushed these loans. It is their job, as a lending institution, to make financially sound choices to ensure that they get their money back. They aren't, because they made loans to people who should not have qualified. They are the experts, and they made bad decisions thinking they could get away with it.

These are everyday people we are talking about here. High school education, maybe less. No one ever taught them proper financial planning or the right way to handle their money. If you come from a poor background, the idea that you could own your own home is tempting - something many people never believed would be possible. And once you see friends in the neighborhood doing it - you trust that it's a rational choice.

Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice. They are already having to deal with having their lives destroyed. They do not need you blaming them for our fucked up economy.

agreed

agreed

You're right....there are way too many absolute Frickin' idiots out there with just enough money to get a loan, but no where near the intelligence to do something like read about, let alone sign for one.

We need special police to help protect these people....the Stupid Police.

I mean let's face it, some of these idiots shouldn't own a car and they want a house.

And these friggin banks keep suckering them in and taking advantage of their ignorance and/or stupidity.

And I can't mean that any more sarcastically.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry.....unless these borrowers are mentally challenged, it's their fault.

So much vitriol!

Where is the young dreamer who sees bedroom eyes every time a woman crosses his path?

b/w

I'm feeling the evolution from angry white dude to angry proponent of fiscal responsibility.

Yo, I'm feelin'... that.

• Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice.

Not an excuse. Again, hire a lawyer or financial advisor. I know I will when the time comes.

Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice.

Not an excuse. Again, hire a lawyer or financial advisor. I know I will when the time comes.

Cause you know, doing so is commonplace throughout poor and working-class communities, and completely affordable.

• Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice.

Cause you know, doing so is commonplace throughout poor and working-class communities, and completely affordable.

What difference does it make whether or not it's commonplace? Since when is that an excuse to not do the responsible thing?

As far as being able to afford help, let me get your point straight: these people could own homes beyond their wildest dreams but not $500-$1000 for a lawyer or adviser?

Yes, they are responsible for their decisions but in our society we have a strong sentiment that banks are the experts who can be trusted, with their "financial advisors" and whatnot. These people trusted faulty financial advice.

What difference does it make whether or not it's commonplace? Since when is that an excuse to not do the responsible thing?

As far as being able to afford help, let me get your point straight: these people could own homes beyond their wildest dreams but not $500-$1000 for a lawyer or adviser?

See, what I don't get is where you are all getting this "homes beyond their wildest dreams" thing. I'm less familiar with other states, but in California the main foreclosures are in places like Vallejo in simple cookie cutter suburbs with people trying to move out of Oakland and such.

And no, most people do not have $500 - $1000 on a lawyer of advisor. You are disconnected to the fullest if you think they do. My professional, working parents have the money to do that. What world do you live in where this is commonplace?

When you are being offered a home for basically $2000 per month the idea of paying $500 for advice seems absurd.

See, what I don't get is where you are all getting this "homes beyond their wildest dreams" thing. I'm less familiar with other states, but in California the main foreclosures are in places like Vallejo in simple cookie cutter suburbs with people trying to move out of Oakland and such.

And no, most people do not have $500 - $1000 on a lawyer of advisor. You are disconnected to the fullest if you think they do. My professional, working parents have the money to do that. What world do you live in where this is commonplace?

When you are being offered a home for basically $2000 per month the idea of paying $500 for advice seems absurd.

Biggest decision of most people's lives.....there are libraries for free and books for $15.00 that with a few hours investment can educate you on the basics.

It costs nothing to get more than one lender to see if you're getting a raw deal.

Who doesn't understand "You borrow money/you pay it back"?

• I can get with the whole personal responsibility angle, I am 30, have a bit of money and haven't even gotten close to buying a house. I'm just not there yet.

But how are you guys basically justifying, or at least writing off, the behavior of these lenders??

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Who doesn't understand "You borrow money/you pay it back"?

Damnit, I knew I wasn't doing that right.

• fuck the lenders. They knew what they were getting into and tried to make money on the credit longshots in the subprime market.

SubPrime means that these people taking the loans have already showed a lack of fiscal responsibility and careless credit usage. They hunted out loans that outstretched themselves so they could live in the bigger and better, and the lenders took a risk because they could get higher interest rates, points, pmi, etc. off these people.

There's blame on both sides of the tabel and they should feel the burn. The GOV should NOT be bailing out shit.

You realize how ridiculous you stance is, right, that the poor can't afford a lawyer or financial adviser for the most important financial decision of their lives, but they can afford a house?

If you can't afford a lawyer or financial adviser, what makes you think you should even be dabbling in real estate?

It's not advice, either. It's making sure your financial outlook for the future is not ruined.

I can get with the whole personal responsibility angle, I am 30, have a bit of money and haven't even gotten close to buying a house. I'm just not there yet.

But how are you guys basically justifying, or at least writing off, the behavior of these lenders??

For many years the lending industry was criticized for not making socalled "high risk" loans and now they are being accused of doing it excessively.

Ultimately it's the borrower that is responsible.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I can get with the whole personal responsibility angle, I am 30, have a bit of money and haven't even gotten close to buying a house. I'm just not there yet.

For many years the lending industry was criticized for not making socalled "high risk" loans and now they are being accused of doing it excessively.

I feel like I'm watching a Wachovia commercial.

• I can get with the whole personal responsibility angle, I am 30, have a bit of money and haven't even gotten close to buying a house. I'm just not there yet.

I won't justify what they did, but the consumer always has the right to walk away.

I feel like I'm watching a Wachovia commercial.

Walk Ova Ya

The GOV should NOT be bailing out shit.

Agreed. They should be regulating this properly so that it can't happen again.

People make dumb decisions. But don't act so high and mighty as to completely ignore how they get suckered into making these decisions.