Digging in Montreal

2»

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    How is Musiquest out in Point Claire these days?

I stopped by a few years ago and pulled some goodies. The owner is really friendly (just don't let him talk your ear off).

NORM!

everytime i go there, i end up getting at least SOMETHING decent, but the last time it was nothing that good and i always end up getting stuck in traffic either going there or coming back... i got the Byron Lee record w/ Shaft on it for 10 bucks and the gold Kool and the Gang best of for 7 (back when that was like 14 dollars US...)

• MsBizMsBiz 15 Posts
    jamcan is almost closing so they have half price shit goin on.
    Now that's the only spot I hadn't heard of....

its on st laurent, just above mont-royal.

the guys at renard bleu are real chill guys. never had problems getting good deals and my friend worked there last summer so he pulled some nice stuff for me for a few bucks. quality records, not outrageous prices

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    How is Musiquest out in Point Claire these days?

I recommend avoiding his store in winter...the smoke from his cigarettes gets stuck in that back room and with the dust and all that together it's a serious health hazard...Besides anyone who's been there knows that he has hundreds of thousands of records but they're practically all crappy and each record he has is like repeated about 50 times(bee gees, bruce springstein, crap, crap & more crap...). Another thing about him is that everything is priced at like $5 to $8 on average but the majority are dollar bin records and really common...
    I must admit that n the beginning I hit that spot a couple of times and picked up some really nice records like Art Ensemble of Chicago with Fontella Bass on Prestige, East Harlem Bus Stop - Get on down in mint condition$8 and some other shit , but it's really rare that you find any of that nowadays...He sometimes provides records for the stores downtown like Primitive etc, so they get dibbs on the new stock aand get better prices.I remember he had a ongoing deal which was that if you pick up 100 records or more he splits the price half way so it could be cool if at least there were that many records worth it.
    I got to know him pretty well in fact he would leave me alone in his store sometimes but he never let me got to his backroom where apparently there are tons more...

• I got to know him pretty well in fact he would leave me alone in his store sometimes but he never let me got to his backroom
    Obviously not well enough!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I got to know him pretty well in fact he would leave me alone in his store sometimes but he never let me got to his backroom
    Obviously not well enough!

hah....I guess not...anyways what was tha point? going thru more copies of the same records? forget it...