Large Pro...."Heavy Beatz Vol 1 &2"..

Hoosier_DaddyHoosier_Daddy 141 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Both were overlookedNEVER saw one post about them on any siteI've noticed a lot of people have been jockin BLOCKHEAD's instrumental cd's a lot the last 2 yearsHe's aiight,but i think these Large Pro's cd's are much betterWhat are some other hip-hop instrumental cd's that have been out over the last couple of years that are worth checking out?

Comments

• i heard volume 1 at Amoeba one day. The Just Hangin Out instrumental came on and I gots rowdy! It was one of those "wow, this is exactly what I want to hear right now" kind of things.

Large Pro!!!!

• I copped both of those and would recommend the Lord Finesse instrumental LP that came out last year...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the first few tracks on vol. 1 are hot to def.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I copped both of those and would recommend the Lord Finesse instrumental LP that came out last year...

I'll have to check for this. Finesse is mad underrated as a producer.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

two words:

The Message

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

two words:

instrumental of sexual healing

• I copped both of those and would recommend the Lord Finesse instrumental LP that came out last year...

Finesse had a instrumental cd out last year?

What's the name of it

Maybe i forgot about it

PS:Finesse is not underrated at all
    Anyone that's been listening to hip-hop since since the early 90's know's that.
    Any time i see a "Pick Your Favorite Producer" list,he's almost always on it.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    ny at night of vol.2 is every time

• dayday 9,611 Posts

two words:

The Message

Could you post a link or a clip? I didn't even know he had an inst. album out

• Finesse had a instrumental cd out last year?

Pretty sure it's vinyl only...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Finesse had a instrumental cd out last year?

Pretty sure it's vinyl only...

haha

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

two words:

The Message

Could you post a link or a clip? I didn't even know he had an inst. album out
    It's the last song on Chronic 2001. I'm sure you had heard it before.

• Finesse is mad underrated as a producer.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

1) where have you been for the last 18 years?
    2) what have you been reading for the past 18 years?
    3) and most importantly, what have you been listening to for the last...yup, you guessed it, 18 years

• just thought some of the people who posted in this thread may be interested in the following...

http://www.vinyladdicts.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=679

• just thought some of the people who posted in this thread may be interested in the following...

55 pounds per copy....damn son...

It's an expensive habit, especially as I've just copped this,the Unique ep (DWG 003)
    and I'm waiting for the Kurious demos ep....

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Holy shit this is ILL.

It's an expensive habit, especially as I've just copped this,the Unique ep (DWG 003)
    and I'm waiting for the Kurious demos ep....

they are rooking you

I'm sure it'll cost more on ebay though so if you gotta have it you gotta have it

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just never really quite get why they don't do larger pressings of this stuff so that they can make the price more reasonable. I understand there are legal issues but it seems like they're putting themselves in a trickier spot by charging so much...makes it seem like they are really trying to turn a profit, even if they're not.

I wish I could afford this right now.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I just never really quite get why they don't do larger pressings of this stuff so that they can make the price more reasonable. I understand there are legal issues but it seems like they're putting themselves in a trickier spot by charging so much...makes it seem like they are really trying to turn a profit, even if they're not.

I wish I could afford this right now.

I don't know about this one but the DWG ones are legit - there's a long thread where Phill justifies their runs/prices and the fact that he actually got an okay amount of dough out of his was one of the reasons