DO THE RIGHT THING appreciation

2»

Comments

• What, you want me to address you like you're some dude I should argue with?

You've never said a thing in your life worth that time or effort.

You play yourself on here like it's going out of style... your above comment about Do The Right Thing is just one of many examples.

• What, you want me to address you like you're some dude I should argue with?

You play yourself on here like it's going out of style... your above comment about Do The Right Thing is just one of many examples.

... as he addresses me ...lol...loving this.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    watched it recently and didn't think it held up particularly well. visually it's still fresh, but content-wise it struck me as far cornier than I remembered it being in middle school. hatt me now.

It's only the greatest movie in the history of film.

Dude, do you expect anything less from the one called Chad? His connection with the 1988 Brooklyn streets is not to be taken lightly! If he calls it corny, surely it must be.

sadly, in contrast to me, you really, truly believe you have a connection to the "1988 Brooklyn streets."

lol, dude don't be mad that Archaic gets more props in the Bay than you.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What, you want me to address you like you're some dude I should argue with?

... as he addresses me ...lol...loving this.

Wow, Rootless is *winning* all over the place.

What a guy!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. Spike Lee is a masterful director and people don't give him due credit for pushing boundaries and opening doors for other filmmakers.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    "straight out of brooklyn" makes the cipher complete.spike was def right about that kid not sticking around.

?????
    i was referring to what bassie called 'low budget,awkwardly acted,new york,90's movies'. matty rich made straight out of brooklyn, and tried to go up against spike by opening on the same day. spike said that rich would dissapear after the movie came out and he did.

Ah, okay!

Seems like Lee came out right around the same time as Robert Townsend's first movies, and right behind them was supposed to be the big wave of black filmmakers. Matty Rich was a name I kept hearing being thrown around back then, now that you mention it, and I definitely haven't heard much about him since.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    My favorite Spike Lee joint, hands down.

• "straight out of brooklyn" makes the cipher complete.spike was def right about that kid not sticking around.

?????
    i was referring to what bassie called 'low budget,awkwardly acted,new york,90's movies'. matty rich made straight out of brooklyn, and tried to go up against spike by opening on the same day. spike said that rich would dissapear after the movie came out and he did.

Ah, okay!

Seems like Lee came out right around the same time as Robert Townsend's first movies, and right behind them was supposed to be the big wave of black filmmakers. Matty Rich was a name I kept hearing being thrown around back then, now that you mention it, and I definitely haven't heard much about him since.

o-dog related.

• A shirt design I made several years ago..that I meant to get printed at the time but never got around to it..might still..especially since I have a helluva hook up on screenprinting.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anybody ever had a chance to peep Spike's student films Joe's Bed Stuy Barbershop - We cut heads and that "pre-study" for Summer of Sam he did on 16mm in 1977 ?

Yes.

But stay on topic.