Pre weekend/weekend finds

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
its thursday night. i dont care. im driving all weekend longthis is a summary of my past month spent in california. all thrift finds.i also got a digi cam for $5 at a thrift. it took these pics. oh theres more

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sapo is a dope album.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Sapo is a dope album.

sadly my copy has a crack through the first song both sides. what i can hear is great though

• always cool to go out lookin for records and come back with exactly what you were out looking for...a killer record thats exactly what you are into that you werent aware of previously...thats the goal right? Anywho, this is some killer, raw assed early soul from 63(that is starting to be the year for my ear as of late)

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    always cool to go out lookin for records and come back with exactly what you were out looking for...a killer record thats exactly what you are into that you werent aware of previously...thats the goal right? Anywho, this is some killer, raw assed early soul from 63(that is starting to be the year for my ear as of late)

i need more stuff like this. i always pick up earlier 60's soul 45s and stuff but theyre rarely as good as this.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i didnt have alot of time this week to dig, but i stopped in at a salvation army i havent checked in a long while and found an OG copy of dj Krush Meiso for $2(along with some other OG hip hop 12's), its a personal favourite of mine and my original copy was "on loan" to a friend years ago never to be seen again, its not a big item, but still has me freaking out a little

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    always cool to go out lookin for records and come back with exactly what you were out looking for...a killer record thats exactly what you are into that you werent aware of previously...thats the goal right? Anywho, this is some killer, raw assed early soul from 63(that is starting to be the year for my ear as of late)

i need more stuff like this. i always pick up earlier 60's soul 45s and stuff but theyre rarely as good as this.

He lives in Memphis, you live in Iowa. The deck is stacked against you chico.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

reynaldo, sometimes its hard for me to believe that you dont already have every Latin record ever recorded already. whats left on your want list? id imagine you're getting close.

reynaldo, sometimes its hard for me to believe that you dont already have every Latin record ever recorded already. whats left on your want list? id imagine you're getting close.
    Oh, there's still plenty of collection-worthy stuff that I don't have, but that will change quickly once I have gainful employment.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh, there's still plenty of collection-worthy stuff that I don't have, but that will change quickly once I have gainful employment.

YOU SOUND POOR.

YOU SOUND POOR.
    I want to be there when they microchip you.

• Who ran the Salsa label? Anyone know the story?

Btw, was this auction mislabeled? It didn't turn up on my email favorites. Nice score, its a pretty good record. I use to date a blonde chick who looks exactly like the girl on the cover, to bad she turned out to be a serial cheater, ahh memories...

Btw, was this auction mislabeled? It didn't turn up on my email favorites. Nice score, its a pretty good record.
    The auction title was: Willy Rodriguez - Descarga '71 - Very Rare Near Mint LP[/b]

I don't know why the alternate spelling of "Willie" was used for the LP.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts

My acquaintance Ron W. from Minneapolis overall has his general interests broken down into the years. He Frickin' raved to me about this year last time I saw him. BTW, dude has heat but i'm assuming...

• The auction title was: Willy Rodriguez - Descarga '71 - Very Rare Near Mint LP[/b]

I don't know why the alternate spelling of "Willie" was used for the LP.

Strange I have both Willie and Willy (for this record only) in my fav searches, oh well.

Also, to answer my own question, Salsa was a part of Mary Lou. There was another label to come out of Mary Lou too, can't remember, must stop burning so many brain cells.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Salsa was a part of Mary Lou. There was another label to come out of Mary Lou too, can't remember, must stop burning so many brain cells.

why, so you caN better remember useless information about salsa records??

• yeah thats it totally

• its thursday night. i dont care. im driving all weekend long
    this is a summary of my past month spent in california.
    all thrift finds.

i also got a digi cam for $5 at a thrift. it took these pics.

oh theres more

Told you there weren't any records out here. NOW do you believe?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing last week after that finds thread.

• the first two pics is shit i found in spain.. everything is 1-10 euros each.

the last pic: i got 7 test pressings of a project ive done with san diegos blame one.. shit will drop real soon.

aint that the way....i passed on that bob seger album 500029950505 times and now that i kinda want a copy its nowhere to be found...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Bought some DVDs from a Virgin Megastore closing. Anybody seen "rep yo set"? Some pretty raw roughly edited footage of Crips and Bloods, telling their stories in their hoods. Narrative history on South LA gangs and music recordings by the gang members.

• wrong fuckin thread

i'm hitting the bar

wrong fuckin thread

i'm hitting the bar

yes, go hit the bar.

• Bought some DVDs from a Virgin Megastore closing. Anybody seen "rep yo set"? Some pretty raw roughly edited footage of Crips and Bloods, telling their stories in their hoods. Narrative history on South LA gangs and music recordings by the gang members.

I found some losers in here!

• I typed L-Word into google image search and this is what it dutifully spat out:

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I found some losers in here!

yo those losers you found happen to be holy grail losers

• [

My acquaintance Ron W. from Minneapolis overall has his general interests broken down into the years. He Frickin' raved to me about this year last time I saw him. BTW, dude has heat but i'm assuming... /

ron sure likes to tell tales!!!

• 45's
    hassan - ghetto king
    johnny hammond - thunder & lightning
    ahmad jamal - it's a wonderful world
    millie jackson - breakaway
    the knight bros - that'll get it
    curtis mayfield - future shock
    kingpins - in the pocket
    king curtis and the kingpins - cook out
    less mcann - what's going on
    syl johnson - on way ticket to nowhere (pretty beat up)
    maceo and the macks - parrty
    eddie kenricks - trust your heart
    modern jazz quartet - home
    jimmy mcgriff - i cover the waterfront
    lee morgan - cornbread
    100 proof aged in soul - everything good is bad
    hamilton joe franks and reynolds - funk in wagnal