Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• , can't wait to see this!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    , can't wait to see this!

• is this an aliens-attack-the-US-and-destroy-NY movie? they really still make these? I saw the movie poster with the helf-destroyed statue of liberty and couldn't beleive they were really trying to sell that to me. eye roll for days.

is this an aliens-attack-the-US-and-destroy-NY movie? they really still make these? I saw the movie poster with the helf-destroyed statue of liberty and couldn't beleive they were really trying to sell that to me. eye roll for days.

9-11 reference............check
    shakey cam.......check
    hot chicks.........check

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What does the title refer to?

What does the title refer to?

That's what they want you to pay for.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Anyone else feel an eerie similarity to..

Oh, I don't know...

maybe the mother Frickin' Blair Witch Project?
    Then again, it is in color.

Oh, I don't know...

JOSH.........

JOSH................

Oh, I don't know...

Wow, my curse got edited. Cool.

• someone tell me about this one. is this the one where they cash in on post 911 paranoia and fear..?

i want to know, since i'm never goign to see this movie, what the creature looks like.

please spoil away.

i will bet dollars that the actual payoff of the creature will be such a let down. it's a creature right, not arabs ?

what the creature looks like.

I really wish they would never show you what the threat is at all...it would make things so much more interesting and scary imo.

• what the creature looks like.

I really wish they would never show you what the threat is at all...it would make things so much more interesting and scary imo.

i was thinking about that. i agree. horror movies are so much scarier when you DON'T see what is chasing you.

for instance the movie cat people, or the other one by val lewton, the one with the zombies. while not being really scary movies, they do have something to them that keeps you apprehensive and never pays off so you leave the movie feeling somewhat disjointed (or at least i did). blair witch project was crap, but i felt like at some points it actually was scary, not knowing what the monster looked.

it's a creature right, not arabs ?

The "Creature" is a terrorist metaphor, like Godzilla is Western evil.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

hot chicks

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

The 'homemade' point of view format is seems unappealing. A bad excuse for bad acting.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Let me get some of you guys a sandwich.

make that a veggie patty and coco bread for me please.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    is this an NYC hipster killing monster?

• Wow. So I guess I won't be seeing this with any of you over this lovely long weekend

I understand where you all are coming from and I agree that the concepts of "Monsters wrecking shop in NYC" and "hand held first person camera terror" are played out. But combining the 2 is still intriguing to me, and I like monster movies.

I agree that the concepts of Monsters in NYC and realistic first person camera terror are played out.

But combining the 2 is still intriguing to me, and I like monster movies.

imdb.com:

The title "Cloverfield"; initially just a codename for the movie, is named for the boulevard in Santa Monica where the Bad Robot offices were located during the making of the film.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    imdb.com:

The title "Cloverfield"; initially just a codename for the movie, is named for the boulevard in Santa Monica where the Bad Robot offices were located during the making of the film.

What a lame reason for a movie title.

Wow. So I guess I won't be seeing this with any of you over this lovely long weekend

I understand where you all are coming from and I agree that the concepts of "Monsters wrecking shop in NYC" and "hand held first person camera terror" are played out. But combining the 2 is still intriguing to me, and I like monster movies.

you can't tempt Batmon with mainstream pablum like this

he's into deep underground shit like Batman

imdb.com:

How dare you test the genius of such men as the writer of "Angel" and "Buffy" the TV series; and not to mention the director of the highly acclaimed television show "Felicity"!

the whole thing seems to have a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants/make-it-up-as-you-go-along approach. the trailer was shot before any of the prinicpal shooting was even started. On one hand, I like the loosey-goosey attitude, on the other hand, it'll depend on how good the end result is.

imdb.com:

How dare you test the genius of such men as the writer of "Angel" and "Buffy" the TV series; and not to mention the director of the highly acclaimed television show "Felicity"!

Then what's the Lost connection? Wait - is there one?

you can't tempt Batmon with mainstream pablum like this he's into deep underground shit like Batman

whatever happened to that dark knight 'superman vs batman' movie???

whatever happened to that dark knight 'superman vs batman' movie???

I think theyll wait until the Batman franchise gets some more steam and Superman is restarted after the trash they recently put out.

In I Am Legend, while Will Smith's character hunts in an old Times Square, theres a larger adverstiement in the background for.......