Removing pops and clicks and hiss VST's

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I am asking this on behalf of a friend who is on MAC and running protools. I used to use Audition (CoolEditPro) to remove POPS, etc on PC quite successfully (but very time consuming). Does anyone know of VSTs that will do the same thing for a MAC user.

Comments

• This is amazing:

http://www.wavearts.com/MasterRestoration.html

Gotten better results from that than anything else so far and it requires very little work, especially when it comes to removing pops/clicks.

• Thanks for the heads up on those plug-ins. Available on Audionews which is cool. Are they easy to use or require a bit of knowledge to use properly? I will play around with the presets and see what they can do.

• In my experience, you can more or less start from the presets and then adjust as needed. Usually just take it down a little and you are good to go.

• the waves restoration bundle is very good, if a little pricey

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I've been pretty impressed with iZotope RX so far.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    im in need of one of these myself... trying to mix some jam space recordings that have a glitch or 2 in them

in the os9 days i used to run a steinberg "declicker" vst that werked very well

the "repair clicks" in Peak werks but not exceptionally well

didnt cure these ones.

• I have been pretty impressed with the Waves Arts Bundle so far (DLed PC version) and will source out a version of Izotope RX I think there is an Air release kicking around the torrent sites. Thanks for the heads up

• i manually remove pops and clicks in Peak using gain envelopes...give it a try dubious!

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    manual removal is the way to enjoyable listening pleasure.
    No shifting noises or mangled tone!

I do use some of the waves restoration bundle in small amounts.

• manual removal is the way to enjoyable listening pleasure.
    No shifting noises or mangled tone!

Cut 'em out and redraw with the pencil tool...this is the most effective way. To get rid of hiss and other not so dynamic noise issues then Bias Peak and SoundSoap work well.