Putting the high in High School Musical

DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "I'm just being me," Wayne insists, leading a tour of his recently purchased oceanfront house, which features a faux bronze statue of his own nude figure and a Juicy Fruit-dispensing bathroom attendant who lives on the premises full-time.[/b]"

b/w WTF?!?!?!?

"What's up, my nigga?'" Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year.

NAGLCANE!

• sounds pretty fake to me. There isn't even a mention of Sweater Vests vol. 2 in there.

• sounds pretty fake to me.

"What's up, my nigga?'" Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year. (Needless to say, it's clear that Efron is going to have to work harder to squelch those rumors surrounding his sexuality.)

"What was we talking about here?" Wayne giggles, emerging from the embrace. "Oh yeah, about me putting the 'high' in High School Musical."

"I've been a big fan of Wayne for a long time," says Efron, his wispy-hair-framed face growing suddenly serious. "Growing up in San Luis Obispo, my friends were more into crap like Fall Out Boy and Radiohead, but I was like, 'Nah man. Young Money, Cash Money!'"

this can't be a serious article.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sounds pretty fake to me.

Maybe, but the thing about Wayne is that he's broken into what the Sports Guy calls the Tyson Zone: He's so nutty, that no matter what crazy thing you hear he's doing, you think, "Well, it's Wayne, so that sounds plausible." Wayne having a statue of himself and rapping for High School Musical? Sure, why not?

• Quotables for days

"This isn't the only thing I got going on right now," he (Wayne) says, as the two young celebrities walk me out past a stuffed emu with a gold medallion hanging around its neck. "I just did songs with Mannheim Steamroller, a track with a bunch of monks from France, something for the new Raffi album and 16 bars in Spanish on Ricky Martin's new joint. Plus, I may even star in Mel Brooks's upcoming Broadway version of Spaceballs if I can get my gun charge dropped in New York state."

• sounds pretty fake to me.

Maybe, but the thing about Wayne is that he's broken into what the Sports Guy calls the Tyson Zone: He's so nutty, that no matter what crazy thing you hear he's doing, you think, "Well, it's Wayne, so that sounds plausible." Wayne having a statue of himself and rapping for High School Musical? Sure, why not?

This story is a stretch, even for Mike Tyson. Whoever wrote that really has a lot of time on their hands.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    sounds pretty fake to me.

This story is a stretch, even for Mike Tyson. Whoever wrote that really has a lot of time on their hands.

i completely agree that this story is far-fetched BUT the City Pages is a pretty respectable weekly and not known for running fake stories. either way, this sh*t is great.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    "This isn't the only thing I got going on right now," he (Wayne) says, as the two young celebrities walk me out past a stuffed emu with a gold medallion hanging around its neck. "I just did songs with Mannheim Steamroller, a track with a bunch of monks from France, something for the new Raffi album and 16 bars in Spanish on Ricky Martin's new joint. Plus, I may even star in Mel Brooks's upcoming Broadway version of Spaceballs if I can get my gun charge dropped in New York state."

anyone who thinks this is real needs to read this paragraph again...

funny as hell, tho...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    HAHA, they had me until here...

"Zac and me was both in San Francisco a few months ago for a comic-book convention, and we met at an afterparty at some bar," he says, pausing to break down pieces of pungent pot to roll into a joint. "To get away from these girls that was chasing him, he ducked into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I was like, 'What's crackin', my brother from another mother?'"

At that very moment, as if on cue, Efron himself emerges from Wayne's den, grinning ear-to-ear like he's already been into Wayne's medicinal stash. Later it comes out the brunette 20-year-old heartthrob is crashing in Wayne's guest room while the two collaborate on their Non-Stop Dance Party songs, but for now it's like seeing a polar bear in the midst of the Brazilian rainforest.

"What's up, my nigga?'" Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year. (Needless to say, it's clear that Efron is going to have to work harder to squelch those rumors surrounding his sexuality.)

i'm surprised the part about them ducking into a san francisco bathroom together and wayne using the phrase 'brother from another mother' didn't set off any alerts in yous heads

• yeah this is a completely fake article.

it was actually written for another paper. The Orange County Weekly back in December 13th.

http://www.ocweekly.com/music/music/the-keys-to-her-art/28213/

it was a big joke.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/12/18/zac_efron_aamp_lil_wayne_collaboration_w

funny article though.

• HAHA, they had me until here...

"Zac and me was both in San Francisco a few months ago for a comic-book convention, and we met at an afterparty at some bar," he says, pausing to break down pieces of pungent pot to roll into a joint. "To get away from these girls that was chasing him, he ducked into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I was like, 'What's crackin', my brother from another mother?'"

At that very moment, as if on cue, Efron himself emerges from Wayne's den, grinning ear-to-ear like he's already been into Wayne's medicinal stash. Later it comes out the brunette 20-year-old heartthrob is crashing in Wayne's guest room while the two collaborate on their Non-Stop Dance Party songs, but for now it's like seeing a polar bear in the midst of the Brazilian rainforest.

i'm surprised the part about them ducking into a san francisco bathroom together and wayne using the phrase 'brother from another mother' didn't set off any alerts in yous heads

'zactly.