Lynch Tiger Woods? (WTF R)

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    On the subject of golfers coming off as racist, how about old-time golfer, Fuzzy Zoeller's remarks after Woods' won the 1997 Masters.

going good till the end!!

• Now that was intentionally racist.

You really need to explain this. Are you defending people who say stupid racist shit like "lynch tiger woods" if they are unconsciously racist? Instead of "intentionally" racist? How are you measuring intentionality?

• No, I don't need to explain it. She made the comment in jest because of Tiger's domination in the sport. She chose the wrong word. She came across as stupid. She apologized. The end.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Now that was intentionally racist.

being racist is being ignorant, and being ignorant to being racist is just as bad if not worse, you are saying you think that if you dont mean to be malicious that people arent going to be offended?

being racist is being ignorant, and being ignorant to being racist is just as bad if not worse, you are saying you think that if you dont mean to be malicious that people arent going to be offended?

maddrama...in a way, i feel you. shes a idiot and apologized.
    but thats exactly why people like that dont need microphones and a television audience. permission revoked. have a nice day.

• Yeah, she blew her chance. Not that I think she should lose her job over this, but there are certainly more talented people who wouldn't make these kinds of gaffes.

• Options
    Yeah, she blew her chance. Not that I think she should lose her job over this, but there are certainly more talented people who wouldn't make these kinds of gaffes.

Probably, but they're on better networks. Too many channels, too many commentators, I'm surprised a comment like this doesn't happen every week.