Lynch Tiger Woods? (WTF R)

pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone else see this?Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman has apologized after saying during Friday's telecast of the PGA Tour's opening event that today's young players should "lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley."According to New York Newsday, a spokesman for the network said Tilghman apologized on Sunday's telecast and has reached out to Woods' representatives to express her regrets for the comments.Tilghman, who played college golf at Duke, works as the main play-by-play announcer during The Golf Channel's PGA Tour telecasts.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone else see this?

Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman has apologized after saying during Friday's telecast of the PGA Tour's opening event that today's young players should "lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley."

According to New York Newsday, a spokesman for the network said Tilghman apologized on Sunday's telecast and has reached out to Woods' representatives to express her regrets for the comments.

Tilghman, who played college golf at Duke, works as the main play-by-play announcer during The Golf Channel's PGA Tour telecasts.

Kelly Tilghman gonna get lynched by my dad and all the other Tiger fans out there, serious.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Anyone else see this?

Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman has apologized after saying during Friday's telecast of the PGA Tour's opening event that today's young players should "lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley."

According to New York Newsday, a spokesman for the network said Tilghman apologized on Sunday's telecast and has reached out to Woods' representatives to express her regrets for the comments.

Tilghman, who played college golf at Duke, works as the main play-by-play announcer during The Golf Channel's PGA Tour telecasts.

Chalk that career over.

• What (if any) was the context? That is a truly bizarre choice of words...

• Options
    What (if any) was the context? That is a truly bizarre choice of words...

I'd guess it's so they get the chance to win once in awhile.

I'm trying to picture the sudden shock on people's faces as he/she said it, especially if he/she was interviewing someone at the time. Even better would be catching her/his reaction/coverup attempt as he/she realized he/she just killed his/her career.

My first dog was named Kelly.

• What (if any) was the context? That is a truly bizarre choice of words...

I'd guess it's so they get the chance to win once in awhile.

I'm trying to picture the sudden shock on people's faces as he/she said it, especially if he/she was interviewing someone at the time. Even better would be catching her/his reaction/coverup attempt as he/she realized he/she just killed his/her career.

My first dog was named Kelly.

I'd love to see the footage so I could slow it down to see the exact moment where she realizes what she said and envisions her life going directly into the shitter, kind of like when they slow down the footage of the Krusty anniversary special to see the exact moment Ralph Wiggums' heart breaks. Priceless.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I hope Tiger goes for a Grand Slam this year.

• golf is the most boring sport evar.

golf is the most boring sport evar.

not when you actually play it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    golf is the most boring sport best sport to nap to[/b] evar.

One man's trash...

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

Then it's the most frustrating.

golf is the most boring sport best sport to nap to[/b] evar.

One man's trash...

SO DAMN TRUE.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    golf is the most boring sport best sport to nap to best sport watch with a Sunday newspaper and a rotating jazz platter in the background evar.

golf is the most boring sport best sport to nap to best sport watch with a Sunday newspaper and a rotating jazz platter in the background evar.

THIS IS DAMN TRUE AS WELL.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I used to love to watch the Golf Channel when they would show tournaments from the 60s and 70s, it would instantly throw me into a trance of nostalgia and utter relaxation.

• Options

Love to play it, used to watch it once in awhile.

My pops keeps a golf tournament saved on his DVR, whenever he wants to take a nap he puts it on.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I usually watch the majors on TV, especially Sunday. I'm going to try to get tickets to the FBR open (aka the Phoenix Open) this season.

And yes, golf is the most ridiculous sport to try to play and learn. Just when you think you have it right, you realize you have it wrong.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i rather hit myself in the lips with a hammer than waste an afternoon of my life watching golf on the idiot box.

• Options
    i rather hit myself in the lips with a hammer than waste an afternoon of my life watching golf on the idiot box.

I doubt you own a hammer.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    claw and ballpeen - bitch

• Options
    claw and ballpeen - bitch

Cute. I ride for sledge and maul.

My pops keeps a golf tournament saved on his DVR, whenever he wants to take a nap he puts it on.

GOLD.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Reminds me I need to put the hammer back in my car. Thanks.

For the record, golf is fun to play, I used to play at least once or twice a week from the age of 11 through to 18. My handicap got down to around 10. I only play once or twice a year now though, it's a nice walk if you have skills. I can see how it could get frustrating if you suck though. I hardly ever watch golf on TV.

• Unless this was intentionally meant to be racist, who cares? Are you that PC?

Unless this was intentionally meant to be racist, who cares? Are you that PC?

How do you judge one's intent to be racist? Given history, anyone who throws around the idea of lynching Black folks is either racist, an idiot, or both.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Unless this was intentionally meant to be racist, who cares? Are you that PC?

They would have loved you in Jena!

• By examining the picture (noticing the streach marks on her face), I would have to say Tiger once gave her the 9 Iron and the 14 inch Wood and got her back broke I mean heart and now she hates him and will do anything to ruin his life.

All in all that batch is RACIST!!!! And so is Arnold Palmer that's why they named the drink after him cause he tryin to whiten the black tea with that yellow skurd ish!

Then again I think Barry Bonds shouldn't have any *** on his stats dude got home runs drugs or not it takes skills to hit a hardball the only diffrence if he was on the dope it just wouldn't have gone so far. If there going to put *** on Bonds stats then they need to put *** on Babe's records too cause he never played with the negro league players thus not playing against all the best players... LOL but that's another story....

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

By examining the picture (noticing the streach marks on her face), I would have to say Tiger once gave her the 9 Iron and the 14 inch Wood and got her back broke I mean heart and now she hates him and will do anything to ruin his life.

All in all that batch is RACIST!!!! And so is Arnold Palmer that's why they named the drink after him cause he tryin to whiten the black tea with that yellow skurd ish!

Then again I think Barry Bonds shouldn't have any *** on his stats dude got home runs drugs or not it takes skills to hit a hardball the only diffrence if he was on the dope it just wouldn't have gone so far. If there going to put *** on Bonds stats then they need to put *** on Babe's records too cause he never played with the negro league players thus not playing against all the best players... LOL but that's another story....
    Wasn't there some speculation at some stage about Babe Ruth being part black.....?

• never heard that about babe maybe they where talking about his liver

On the subject of golfers coming off as racist, how about old-time golfer, Fuzzy Zoeller's remarks after Woods' won the 1997 Masters.