BOOT Thraed...

Comments

• I was always feeling (PASUE) Ed's tight jeans/high, narrow boot steez:

seriously what was up with that?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i rock the semi dress, cause im city folk.

ewwwwwww...

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    FUCK TIMBERLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Timerland spokesperson said about Black Folks when we started buying their products is one of the worst looks ever.

Never owned a pair and never will.

What did he/she say?

15 YEARS AGO TIMBERLAND REPS WERE QUOTED AS SAYING " HIP HOPPERS WEARING OUR APPAREL IS BAD FOR THE COMPANIES IMAGE"
    [/b]
    how about these??

http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2756636&cp=2708707.1770705&parentPage=family

• These are a staple in DC.

There are nice too:

• Nike boots? Jesus...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

What a Timerland spokesperson said about Black Folks when we started buying their products is one of the worst looks ever.

What did he/she say?

15 YEARS AGO TIMBERLAND REPS WERE QUOTED AS SAYING " HIP HOPPERS WEARING OUR APPAREL IS BAD FOR THE COMPANIES IMAGE"
    [/b]

I hear ya all the way, fuck that guy, but that company still makes great boots. Of course there's other choices out there, but the Timbs are available in so many styles and you can get a pair for less than a 100 bucks that will last you a lifetime.

And I'm willing to bet that guy doesn't work for them anymore. Their entire line of apparell at department stores seems to be geared toward "hip hop fashions" these days.

Fuck their Boots!!!!!!

And they were on some real late pass shit when gearing their lines towards the ghetto. Shit is so overtly racist its a fuckin joke. Fuckin LtBlue and white boots .... GTFOHWTB.
    Its takes two to tango though, and after the Local Black Media reported these comments made by the company, the Local Black Exp continued to purchase this shit. I dont fuckin get it. Fuck That shit.
    The Black Dollar made put this brand into the next level, and theyve since embraced it after admitting to not wanting to have Local Black Folk represent the brand. Its the same bullshit that Cadillac pulled. White companies are scurred that caucasoids will abandon their brand once its becomes "too Black".
    Mofos get scared and then realize Black Money is their bread and butter.
    Fuck them and the Black Folks who fall for that bullshit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What did he/she say?

[/b]

I hear ya all the way, fuck that guy, but that company still makes great boots. Of course there's other choices out there, but the Timbs are available in so many styles and you can get a pair for less than a 100 bucks that will last you a lifetime.

And I'm willing to bet that guy doesn't work for them anymore. Their entire line of apparell at department stores seems to be geared toward "hip hop fashions" these days.

Fuck their Boots!!!!!!

And they were on some real late pass shit when gearing their lines towards the ghetto. Shit is so overtly racist its a fuckin joke. Fuckin LtBlue and white boots .... GTFOHWTB.
    Its takes two to tango though, and after the Local Black Media reported these comments made by the company, the Local Black Exp continued to purchase this shit. I dont fuckin get it. Fuck That shit.
    The Black Dollar made put this brand into the next level, and theyve since embraced it after admitting to not wanting to have Local Black Folk represent the brand. Its the same bullshit that Cadillac pulled. White companies are scurred that caucasoids will abandon their brand once its becomes "too Black".

Can anyone post a link to a reputable source that contains the actual quote?

I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but it does bear a suspicious resemblance to a bunch of rumors that have been conclusively debunked.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

What did he/she say?

[/b]

Fuck their Boots!!!!!!

Can anyone post a link to a reputable source that contains the actual quote?

I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but it does bear a suspicious resemblance to a bunch of rumors that have been conclusively debunked.

I heard the same thing 'cept it was about Tommy not Timby.

URBAN (WEAR) LEGEND DEBUNKED.

• these are keeping my toes fresh and clean and dry and warm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Cheapo Tims, beat to hell already thanks to 22" snow so far.

I promise my next boots will be different unless there is a debunking.

excuse the rug.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    LOL @ Batmon trying to be pro-active by boycotting Timbo's.
    I'm not laughing at you trying to debunk racist companies. I understand that you don't want to participate too, like other sheeps. I tried that when i was "young". I started with Marlboro, Troop (the infamous jogging brand) and their KKK funding. I was like fuck LL Cool J, he's an asshole. Like you say "fuck them timbo's addicts".
    While i can also understand that you may not like Timbo for its quality, you also seems to take a pride in boycotting. I won't take that pride away from you. Myself, i boycott a lot of companies for the same reason. BUT the Timbo thing is a bit overated and exagerated coming from an old head like you. I would tell you three things to balance your judgment :
    1- Timbo's are #1. Period. You can't beat the colors, material, shape, comfort (limited, granted, but still). I tried ALL the other boots when i heard about the statement you're talking about. None of these other boots worth something. The ones you posted are probably the most ugliest boots i'v seen in my entire life. The eskimo look doesn't cut it for me, and the other look is so Payless. No thanks. Nothing can replace all the colors and styles i got with my timbos.
    2-The racist statement was a HUGE mistake for Tim. What happened was Timbo's spokesman was attending an annual conference about sales and such, and somebody asked him about the growing importance of the urban market. We was in the Das EFX era. Blackmoon era. Mad Timbos everywhere. And dude answered ON HIS OWN BEHALF that black kids (yes, hip-hop as a black thing back then) wasn't representing much regardless to global sales. He talked about a mere 5%. People like me, but also all the New-Yorkers, was like "that's some bullshit, only black kids are rocking timbos and you mean to tell me we only rep 5% of the sales??". So people started to boycott, myself included. In the meantime, the infamous spokesman got fired. TImbo sales dropped drastically. They made new statements in magazines, talking about how they don't neglect the urban market and that, in the future, they will not be ashamed of thier customers, whoever they are. Remember that we are talking about a brand made for timeberman working in the Canadian forest...You know whiteys had to sallow the pill. It took time, but they came back proper. New boots, new colors, sponsorships. I slowly went back buying my boots. Fuck that. Do what fits you...
    3-Such statements have been pronounced by Tommy Hilfiger too. Nautica too. Ralph Lauren too (Lo Life wassup). Lacoste too. Those two sailing brands afore-mentionned are highly racist too. And it's the creator of the brand this time, not the spokesman. I guess sailing aint a black thing. So they got pissed. Same for Lacoste. A tennisman brand. Tennis wasn't a black sport back then...If you had to boycott companies, these 4 are more appropriated.

Finally, in the quest of boycotting racist companies, i found out that you CAN'T BUY SHIT if you start to do researches. Food companies, Oil companies, etc...So many companies organization charts lead to racist fucks. I gave up. I close my eyes and pray for the best. But i can't starve and look like a hippie just because i want to be adequate with my thinking process. It's a tough decision to make. Indeed, you feel slightly better after. It's a paradox. But that's how it is...

Just bought these...

I'm always confused by flowery designs
    on a work boot. Aren't they supposed to
    look rugged?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Just bought these...

Im just imagining you in like a carl kani jean suit with those. (no-ho)

lol Sorry i was just never into timbs. I had em in boston though, thats for damn sure.

No not at all, but im the same time, i'm not a gangster. Im not a thug. I don't look like one and don't try to look like one. I'm closer to Brian Austin Green than Trick Daddy. So the "flower" thing does it for me. Matter of fact, this is not flowery, this is is what you call vectorial art (type vector 3D in Google). Often used in tatoo. This model is called "mayan tatoo". I guess it makes sense. You dont get to see the design that much really. I can live with it...

Actually i rock Artful Dodgers and Ruthless Art. Jeans by LRG most of the time. Some Pepe Jeans too (very Euro). Thanks for worrying.

PS : No Kani in my game...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    (very Euro)

Make up your mind.

No not at all, but im the same time, i'm not a gangster. Im not a thug. I don't look like one and don't try to look like one.

LOL neither am I. I think of work boots as gear. I was
    thinking more how those don't look like a stylish boot,
    which I could understand, but a pair of straight-up work
    boots with some pretty patterns etched into them.

It's all good.

But one thing - Brian Austin Green "tried to look gangster"
    way more than Trick Daddy ever did.

But one thing - Brian Austin Green "tried to look gangster"
    way more than Trick Daddy ever did.

That's true. My bad. I was tired.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

i wear these.. they cost too much over here but i like em

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    I rock some battered Doc Marten's steel toe shoes from time to time. Sometimes scruffy is correct.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    No not at all, but im the same time, i'm not a gangster. Im not a thug. I don't look like one and don't try to look like one.

LOL neither am I.

Don't front M***. I know you keep it straight The thug rug is a dead giveaway.

• these are keeping my toes fresh and clean and dry and warm

^^^^That.......is not a boot. it's an overstuffed, rainbow sneaker.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The racist statement was a HUGE mistake for Tim BUT the Timbo thing is a bit overated and exagerated coming from an old head like you.

1- Timbo's are #1. Period. You can't beat the colors, material, shape, comfort (limited, granted, but still).
    YOU HAVE LOW STANDARDS

I tried ALL the other boots when i heard about the statement you're talking about. None of these other boots worth something.
    YOU SHOP IN THE WRONG PLACES

The ones you posted are probably the most ugliest boots i'v seen in my entire life. The eskimo look doesn't cut it for me, and the other look is so Payless. No thanks. Nothing can replace all the colors and styles i got with my timbos.
    YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE BAMBOOZELLED BY MARKETING.

MY DANNERS & SORELS LAST LONGER THAN ANY OF YOUR SHEEP'S MENTALITY TIMBERLAND BOOTS.

YOUR DEFENDING A COMPANY THAT PUBLICLY DISSED YOU.........

We have different standards bro.

High Quality Boots dont have stores in OUTLETS.

U can continue to "keep It real" w/ your "tims"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

1- Timbo's are #1. Period. You can't beat the colors, material, shape, comfort (limited, granted, but still). I tried ALL the other boots when i heard about the statement you're talking about. None of these other boots worth something. The ones you posted are probably the most ugliest boots i'v seen in my entire life. The eskimo look doesn't cut it for me, and the other look is so Payless. No thanks. Nothing can replace all the colors and styles i got with my timbos.

You're in Paris right? Your rainbow of Timbs will only go so far in Canadian and US East Coast winters where there is considerably more snow and lower temperatures. And I say this in the spirit of friendship: as subjective as style is, your tribal tattoo-art Timbs do not really put you in a place for you to be calling other footwear ugly.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And I say this in the spirit of friendship: as subjective as style is, your tribal tattoo-art Timbs do not really put you in a place for you to be calling other footwear ugly.

• 1- Timbo's are #1. Period. You can't beat the colors, material, shape, comfort (limited, granted, but still). I tried ALL the other boots when i heard about the statement you're talking about. None of these other boots worth something. The ones you posted are probably the most ugliest boots i'v seen in my entire life. The eskimo look doesn't cut it for me, and the other look is so Payless. No thanks. Nothing can replace all the colors and styles i got with my timbos.

You're in Paris right? Your rainbow of Timbs will only go so far in Canadian and US East Coast winters where there is considerably more snow and lower temperatures. And I say this in the spirit of friendship: as subjective as style is, your tribal tattoo-art Timbs do not really put you in a place for you to be calling other footwear ugly.

Well, you got boots, and you got snow boots. I know in upstate new york, none of these fancy boots anybody posted would work in 4 feet of snow for 4 months. The only exception would be the sorels you and batmon posted. Those will keep you warm and dry for the most. That said, they look hideous on their own, but they're made for performance and function moreso than style and grace.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I hate wearing boots, I usually wear an old beater pair of hi-top sneakers when the weather gets shitty. That said, I do have a pair of these, which I do like a lot:

• Well, you got boots, and you got snow boots. I know in upstate new york, none of these fancy boots anybody posted would work in 4 feet of snow for 4 months. The only exception would be the sorels you and batmon posted. Those will keep you warm and dry for the most. That said, they look hideous on their own, but they're made for performance and function moreso than style and grace.

speak truth. In 'four feet for four months' (plus twenty below) style means not having frostbitten toes and fingers. Plus, its kind of hard to judge "style" when you are seeing through the myopia of a snorkel-jacket hood.

To be fair, unless I am headed outside during a blizzard, or shoveling, I am not really rocking the Sorels. Keep a pair in the car, though.