Back at work dissapreciation

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Fuck, I'm out for ten days, go from chilling in 85 degree weather to freezing my nuts off at 15 degrees. Subway commute sardine style (although it was kind of funny overhearing these two guys debating who was tougher Captain America or Rambo). Mad files stacked up on the desk, "welcome back, hope you enjoyed your trip because the next six months are going to be hectic." *Sigh* What'd I miss?

Comments

• I'm not happy about this either. Makes a brother seriously consider makin some real world moves.

• I'm right there with ya, R*b*rt*. The other editor here is out until next friday and I can smell the poorly-planned, last-minute-revision, late-night projects a'comin.

And it's cold as BALLS in NYC right now. for real.

• M*rk! What up with people dumping work on you as they leave for vacation. I left all my shit done when I took off, a co-worker is taking of the first week of February and I'm told I have to handle the slack! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I left the job i was at for four years a couple weeks ago.
    Pockets are dwindling. Fear is setting in. This sucks, too.

• I only got a couple days off, but I get to work at home today as I gotta make sound clips from a hundred or so 78s and we dont have the means to do that at the shop...so I get to stay in my comfy shearling slippers and listen to pre-war country 78s...things could be worse.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Fuck, I'm out for ten days, go from chilling in 85 degree weather to freezing my nuts off at 15 degrees. Subway commute sardine style (although it was kind of funny overhearing these two guys debating who was tougher Captain America or Rambo). Mad files stacked up on the desk, "welcome back, hope you enjoyed your trip because the next six months are going to be hectic." *Sigh* What'd I miss?

Right there with you Garcia. Shit is already hectic for us and our busy season isn't supposed to start until the end of February. I'm glad I have a job but damn...

= yes!

• Fuck, I'm out for ten days, go from chilling in 85 degree weather to freezing my nuts off at 15 degrees. Subway commute sardine style (although it was kind of funny overhearing these two guys debating who was tougher Captain America or Rambo). Mad files stacked up on the desk, "welcome back, hope you enjoyed your trip because the next six months are going to be hectic." *Sigh* What'd I miss?

Take away the 80 degree weather and the subway to work and I'm right there with ya. Shit sucks. Oh well though, that's life. At least my 10 days off were paid without taking vacation time. At least I still get 2 weeks before the bulk of the students return...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i only had a couple of days off and that was nice, but honestly i am glad the holidays are finally over.

• i only had a couple of days off and that was nice, but honestly i am glad the holidays are finally over.

THREE KING'S DAY ON SUNDAY!! MLK ON THE 21RST!! IT AIN'T EVER OVER SCROUGE!!

we need a three king's graemlin.