K-Def remix album for "American Gangsta"..Link

Hoosier_DaddyHoosier_Daddy 141 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
UNKUT.com

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This shit is REAL DOPE. K-Def is a fool. I need a better quality copy of this! All the MP3s in this link are 96k. I need this at like 320k. If someone could post this with better sound quality that would be nice.

• agreed. This is an excellent piece of work on k defs behalf. I may have to buy this one.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    he rocked the bell-less Mardi Gras drums on "Fallin".
    K-Def is ridiculously talented & underrated. His instrumental album from last year was great.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    His instrumental album from last year was great.
    really?? i thought it was pretty bland. for some reason, i've never been too fond of k-def. i will check this out though

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    i like it lots....

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i like it lots....

cant front on that k*******s track either

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is solid. I can finally listen to Jay's rhymes now without cringing to some of the beats on the original record.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    what makes this one better than the 8 milliion other american gangster remix albums?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    does it only use k-fed samples? THat'd be hot.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    what makes this one better than the 8 milliion other american gangster remix albums?

Production is just dope. Nice arrangements. Keyboards, strings, bass lines and drums are on point. You should check it out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

K-Def

I'm actually saying that without listening to it yet, but K-Def is one of my FAVORITE producers. Definitely picked up the gauntlet where Marley Marl left it. I, like Chan, am waiting for a higher quality version before I listen to it. I cannot stand low quality MP3s.

And I know of his instrumental album but I never heard it. I don't even know where to cop it (yes I still pay for music related.)

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    K-Def's beats are the perfect combination of first-rate commercial production values with the grimiest street sensibility. Dude needs to get more of his beats out there. I can't wait to hear the rest of the American Gangster remixes.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This is solid. I can finally listen to Jay's rhymes now without cringing to some of the beats on the original record.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

yeah, I haven't even checked out the OG American Gangster, and I really feel like I don't have to now. Thanks, K-Def.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    yeah, that shit is real nice.

• I really liked his instrumental CD and enjoy this one as well. A couple of joints are absolute bangers. He can be a little hit or miss with the more synthesized stuff, but overall he's definitely one of the most underrated producers out there.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Production is just dope. Nice arrangements. Keyboards, strings, bass lines and drums are on point. You should check it out.

Yes. I thought this was very enjoyable, and I've been avoiding all the A.G. mashup cheese so far.