Driving Music

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Since your $200 raers dubbed onto CD-R's aren't too applicable to be listening to in the car, what's your favorite music to drive to?

Comments

• tiptoetiptoe 57 Posts
    Since your $200 raers dubbed onto CD-R's aren't too applicable to be listening to in the car

That statement ain't necessarily true.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i strictly bump 50 cent (g-unit) vs. game (g-uNOT) mixtapes.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    an mp3 mix (labeled driving music) of desmond dekker, eddie bo, murphy's law, fishbone, bowie, joe jackson, jack johnson, junior murvin, the clash, specials, johnny cash, the shins, curtis mayfield, kings of leon....with a little stevie wonder, bad brains, sly stone and the beastie boys sprinkled in. i love my dell jukebox.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    It's either Faust or Devin the Dude for me.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    XM Radio usually. Either "Deep Tracks" (Channel 40) or the classic hip-hop channel.
    My favorite car driving song is "Achilles Last Stand" by Led Zeppelin.

• SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
    game (g-uNOT) mixtapes.

Socco

PS.
    Love me some raers whilst driving tho............

• Since your $200 raers dubbed onto CD-R's aren't too applicable to be listening to in the car, what's your favorite music to drive to?

That's all I listen to in the car (aside from satellite). I also have about 100 CDRs on the shelf over my desk at work. Rocking the burnt raers 24/7...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    It's either Faust or Devin the Dude for me.

hot

almost only rap, but some mixes and other blazing mopey music on occasion

ashy to classy

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    when i drove from Wa. state to NJ, for some reason, i listened to Chronic 2001 everyday on my trip. shit was addictive. but now, it's constant AEIOU part 2.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    "Right Off" by Miles Davis is great for long trips in the country. Most people have no idea it's Miles.

On a side note, I can't understand why people who love music are content listening to it on their bullshit 1988 Civic sound systems. Instead of buying a few raers, invest that money in upgrading those clock-radio speakers & 10-watt radio, and listen to the music in the manner which it was intended. You'll be happy you did. (Note: ignore the above advice if you're pushing a luxury car already -- my apologies.)

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Drive very fast to this:

If your head doesn't nod to this then WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT!!

Push - Cut Me Loose

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

As previously stated in an earlier thread, this has been almost on lock in the ride since getting my donation goodies package (nosuckup).

This, a burn of my Best of Kool & the Gang (1971 ed) LP - which is not a $300 raer but makes for some driving music - and a Roy Ayers 2 CD comp are my summer driving soundtrack so far. Oh, and I keep all of my hip hop CD's in the car. Critical Beatdown gets the most play.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I've been listening to the T.I. - "Urban Legend" album alot nowadays.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    been listening to a compilations of modern soul tracks from a shit load of $300 & $1 LP's I got, the same comp is going out to a few strutters as soon as I get my ass to the post office.

• Toots and the Maytals always does it for me in the ride. Especially in the summertime.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    been listening to a compilations of modern soul tracks from a shit load of $300 & $1 LP's I got, the same comp is going out to a few strutters as soon as I get my ass to the post office.

this + soul glo (sup undertheradar, you done yet???) + cash play = very RADD modern soul boogie r&b 80's soul party for days

• mimmim 44 Posts
    Since your $200 raers dubbed onto CD-R's aren't too applicable to be listening to in the car, what's your favorite music to drive to?

reissues then

this was my travelin soundtrack last week. it's great in curves..

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Devin the Dude seems to cruise rather nicely.
    As well as lots and lots of reggae.
    But I usely make mix-cd's of stuff I dont really know, to check out while driving.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    iPod on shuffle mode.

i drove to colorado from virginia a few months back and did that and since then, i always have it on shuffle mode. i created a smart playlist that only plays songs that have been played only a certain amount of times, so that way i never listen to the same song twice for a very long time. unless of course i want to...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm trying to hook up at least three hours of go-go to cover part of my 17 hour drive at the end of the month.

("the rototoms is tellin the story!")