Slump & Grind 3?

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm getting way behind on what all the hot new blappers are. When is S&G3 coming out?!?!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Well, I wouldn't want to engage in any further irresponsible fun...

• Plus, the fad-hoppers have moved on from Yay-based musique.

• Well, I wouldn't want to engage in any further irresponsible fun...

In your opinio, what do you think the fad-hoppers that were once poppin' boners over hyphy are bumping now? (serious question)

In your opinio, what do you think the fad-hoppers that were once poppin' boners over hyphy are bumping now? (serious question)

Things of a SIKK and FANY nature?

• I'm getting way behind on what all the hot new blappers are. When is S&G3 coming out?!?!

S&G2 was on point.

• Forget the Carpet Baggeurs yo, bang another winner out. Seriously!

But since you asked I think the band wagoneurs are now into:

Juke
    B-More
    Daft Punk
    Post Daft Punk
    R.Kelly
    French People
    Lil' Wayne
    Bright-ass clothes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Forget the Carpet Baggeurs yo, bang another winner out. Seriously!

Juke
    B-More
    Daft Punk
    Post Daft Punk
    R.Kelly
    French People
    Lil' Wayne
    Bright-ass clothes

I don't think they like music made by Black people anymore.

• Forget the Carpet Baggeurs yo, bang another winner out. Seriously!

Juke
    B-More
    Daft Punk
    Post Daft Punk
    R.Kelly
    French People
    Lil' Wayne
    Bright-ass clothes

I don't think they like music made by Black people anymore.

naw they do, they just need to have the internet and the "real world" say it's "okay" to do so. I mentioned hella people of color in that list, the only non-black folks on that list are " post daft punk".

i smell a 5 pager.

what's up though man?

• And speaking of local heat, "that's my one" was/is my joint. And there was this one song where they sampled the Jacksons "CAn you feeeeeeeeeelel it" for the chorus, so over the top and ridiculous. It was a guilty pleasure.

I find it extremely self-by-association-congratulatory to think that hyphy got hot nationally because of Slump & Grind and a few blogs that hardly anyone visits instead of 1. folks like 40 and Keak cultivating a national fanbase over the course of many years (through say DJ Screw tapes) and 2. having their most recent change in style facilitate a spike in interest in them, whether that be from old fans or new ones.

Surely there were those people only momentarily brought on board by pure trendiness, but who really cares about them either way?

• I find it extremely self-by-association-congratulatory to think that hyphy got hot nationally because of Slump & Grind and a few blogs that hardly anyone visits instead of 1. folks like 40 and Keak cultivating a national fanbase over the course of many years (through say DJ Screw tapes) and 2. having their most recent change in style facilitate a spike in interest in them, whether that be from old fans or new ones.

Surely there were those people only momentarily brought on board by pure trendiness, but who really cares about them either way?

Not at all what I was saying.

The skreets were not checking for S&G 1 or 2. It was mainly purchased (when it was purchased at all) by internet dudes. I think we ended up pressing a combined total of about 1200 CDs, counting both volumes, and barely sold through those (LITTLE DUDES). We're not really trying to have more boxes of unmoved units under our beds, so if the demand isn't really there....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I wanna hear a Slump & Grind 3. When it comes to killing Hyphy's momentum, I feel no one struck when the iron was hot. Lots of these dudes went MIA. When My Ghetto Report Card dropped, I wanted more, but there was no product out there. Also, I have to wonder if the artists themselves didn't get sick of the Hyphy tag. For me, it wasn't about "hyphy". I was excited to hear a new generation of Bay talent emerge. I hope we haven't heard the last of Frontline, The Team... I think Keak has something coming out soon. I can't wait for the spring. When the weather warms up, I'll revist these albums.

• ^ Yes.

And hogginthefogg - would you ever consider doing another Slump & Grind mix as a free download? I know working for free never sounds like fun, but if you're repping your peoples, it's gotta be worth it to some degree!

I find it extremely self-by-association-congratulatory to think that hyphy got hot nationally because of Slump & Grind and a few blogs that hardly anyone visits instead of 1. folks like 40 and Keak cultivating a national fanbase over the course of many years (through say DJ Screw tapes) and 2. having their most recent change in style facilitate a spike in interest in them, whether that be from old fans or new ones.

Not at all what I was saying.

The skreets were not checking for S&G 1 or 2. It was mainly purchased (when it was purchased at all) by internet dudes. I think we ended up pressing a combined total of about 1200 CDs, counting both volumes, and barely sold through those (LITTLE DUDES). We're not really trying to have more boxes of unmoved units under our beds, so if the demand isn't really there....

I know you never said it. That's why I didn't say "self-congratulatory" (which would be you) and instead said "self-by-assoication-congratulatory" (which would be Phonics). Your little buddy keeps throwing out this idea that hyphy became popular through hipster channels...when even at hyphy's greatest height, hipsters only constituted maybe 10% (and that's a stretch) of that overall market.

• What we're forgetting here is that neither Ross or I are "hard as fuck" enough to be qualified to make a mix of this kind of music.

BTW I thought HAF 3 was a great mix, did you even listen to it?

BTW I thought HAF 3 was a great mix, did you even listen to it?

Yes, I have...and I agree with you about it being a great mix.