Worst Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame Selection EVAR????

2»

Comments

• I understand that Pavarotti dude worked[/b] hard and could[/b] sing his ass off too.

RIP

anywho, unfortunately, album sales probably figures into whomever decides these things as criteria for inclusion....the occasionly throw a bone to someone "underground" or merely a critical darling..me thinks Leonard is this years token pick...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I understand that Pavarotti dude worked[/b] hard and could[/b] sing his ass off too.

RIP

anywho, unfortunately, album sales probably figures into whomever decides these things as criteria for inclusion....the occasionly throw a bone to someone "underground" or merely a critical darling..me thinks Leonard is this years token pick...

Damn....I must have missed the SS "RIP Pavarotti" thread.

• I'm no Madonna fan, but seriously...

Shouldn't someone in Rock'n'Roll have an artistic schtick? I don't get the hatt here. She is constantly pushing boundaries of POP music, has been at it for years, performs her ass off, and works hard.

Is there a difference between Rock & Roll and Pop??

At this point, not so much...but, as some seemed to be wondering why she would belong in the R&R hall of fame, I was saying she made big contributions in the field.

Poorly, but that was what I was trying to say...

• I'm no Madonna fan, but seriously...

Shouldn't someone in Rock'n'Roll have an artistic schtick? I don't get the hatt here. She is constantly pushing boundaries of POP music, has been at it for years, performs her ass off, and works hard.

Is there a difference between Rock & Roll and Pop??

At this point, not so much...but, as some seemed to be wondering why she would belong in the R&R hall of fame, I was saying she made big contributions in the field.

Poorly, but that was what I was trying to say...

She really didn't though. She currently makes and has always made dance music - drum machine, synth, high BPM club cuts. She has made enduring classics in that genre. There are a number of Madonna songs that I think are great.

She does NOT rock at all - even Janet Jackson rocked harder. She was awarded solely from an RIAA record sales standpoint and that's pretty lame IMO. Not deserved.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I bet she's influenced many Rock Bands. U cant tell me there are gang of female lead vocalists who didnt grow up on Madonna.

Rock Music?

I wouldnt place Madonna in Rock, but her influence goes beyond her music.
    She way really on some dirty underground Dance shit in the early days.

In the end, you cant really ask the Hall to be on some purist shit. That's just naive.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    HATTUERZ

http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/did_madonna_fake_her_guitar

this is over-the-top hilarity!

(i can't find one to embed)

scroll down for video. skip to the last few minutes. @~6:00. Peter Townsend can eat her dick. LOL.

• I bet she's influenced many Rock Bands. U cant tell me there are gang of female lead vocalists who didnt grow up on Madonna.

Rock Music?

In the end, you cant really ask the Hall to be on some purist shit. That's just naive.

If Grandmaster Flash is in, she should be; he made dance music.

• I bet she's influenced many Rock Bands. U cant tell me there are gang of female lead vocalists who didnt grow up on Madonna.

Rock Music?

true
    remember "Ciccone Youth"

though it is beyond a crime she is getting in before MC5 and a dozen other bands

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Peter Townsend can eat her dick. LOL.

Be assured that if he did, it would be for the sole purpose of doing research for a book he's gonna write.

• I just knew that once the sixties got picked over, no two people were gonna agree on who gets elected to the Hall.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Peter Townsend can eat her dick. LOL.

Be assured that if he did, it would be for the sole purpose of doing research for a book he's gonna write.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I have no problem with Madonna going in. She is the biggest female pop star of all time. The hall clearly encompasses more than rock (RUN-DMC, Marley, Miles Davis, etc).

Some notable omissions include the punk pioneers (MC5, Stooges) and a lot of black artists (Donny Hathaway, Kool and the Gang, hello). I wonder when the b-team (Doobie Bros, Guess Who/BTO, Foreigner) of AOR rock is gonna start getting consideration. Cause they are certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel on the rock side.

Cause they are certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel on the rock side.

Have they gone threw all the Metal,Glam,Grunge,New Wave,etc band yet?

New York Dolls?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yall are being ridiculous. Even if we all hate John Cougar Mallomar, he made "rock" hits and people (they're out there) like him. Should Michael Jackson never be in the Hall of Fame. The only rockin he has done is "with you all nite" and it wasn't a rock song. That don't mean he don't belong. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducts people in that will bring lame-o's out to see the exhibits. That place is so sanitized it's like a big guitar with a burn ward inside.

Should Michael Jackson never be in the Hall of Fame. The only rockin he has done is "with you all nite" and it wasn't a rock song. of Fame inducts people in that will

Beat It was for the Rockists

Dirty Diana is a Rock song.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm still bummed Link Wray isn't in...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Cause they are certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel on the rock side.

Have they gone threw all the Metal,Glam,Grunge,New Wave,etc band yet?

New York Dolls?

Dolls, Sabbath, Ramones, Talking Heads and the Pistols are in. Pistols refused to show up.