JAY OVA?

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Gossip talk? Real Talk?
************.com has just learned that execs over at Def Jam have decided not to extend an offer to Jay Z to continue on as head of the label. Details are still sketchy, but word is that they've already beginning to look for a successor - and so far Jermaine Dupri is the leading candidate.

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

• I heard about this about what..3 or more months ago..so not really a new rumor, I dont think.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    That's what i got told by a def jam insider too. But now he got fired. Told me they are cutting jobs like crazy...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I heard one of the reasons he even took the job(that he didnt do well) was to secure his Masters.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Great news

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    At this point it doesnt really matter who takes his position at Def Jam. I dont see them making any real waves anymore.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    At this point it doesnt really matter who takes his position at Def Jam. I dont see them making any real waves anymore.

pretty much. another one bites the dust.

I bet everything is folded back into universal in a couple of months.

• At this point it doesnt really matter who takes his position at Def Jam. I dont see them making any real waves anymore.
    Still, having Jay in that position just makes it seem better to me. Having an artist head a label is ALWAYS better than some 50-something geek in a suit who was a former lawyer or accountant.