I got access to the entire WGBH Archive

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    And Boston heads???who's down for a viewing party? A lil' booze, a lil' green, and some ridiculously rare footage?

this sounds Frickin' awesome.

really.

• If it comes to a point in my life where I have to make "last wishes", I want to slide down that Zoom "M". I might fall in half way down, but I'm alright with this.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that "M" doesn't exist any more. When Zoom Series II premiered, they created a different set of letters.

As if they couldn't have saved those old letters somewhere?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    How about the Parliament episode of Say Brother as a test run?

Man, it took a bit of digging, but they were on:

7/10/69 - Episode: 1st Anniversary Show

Apparently they performed Testify and an early version of What Is Soul?

I just requested it.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that "M" doesn't exist any more. When Zoom Series II premiered, they created a different set of letters.

As if they couldn't have saved those old letters somewhere?

That's a good point. Just because I haven't seen them around... they could be in our storage space in Dedham.

And Boston heads???who's down for a viewing party? A lil' booze, a lil' green, and some ridiculously rare footage?

really.

Borrow Rey's private jet and join us!

Boston peeps???stay tuned for more viewing party info next week.

And check out this episode I just stumbled across:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

DUDE.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    id gladly pay for any and all[/b] dvds if they get made.

• And Boston heads???who's down for a viewing party? A lil' booze, a lil' green, and some ridiculously rare footage?

really.

I wonder if the Turnpikes is Chubby & the Turnpikes, aka Tavares?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

id gladly pay for some[/b] dvds if they get made.

Well, this is really more of an effort just to make the material available. But it's a guerilla-style deal, and I'm not trying to get fired for bootlegging, you know? Remember how mixtapes used to get passed around back in the day, one dude dubbing another's, etc.? I'm envisioning something like that.

I wonder if the Turnpikes is Chubby & the Turnpikes, aka Tavares?

Tavares does appear on a later episode.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

really.

Holy Frickin' Christ.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Well, this is really more of an effort just to make the material available. But it's a guerilla-style deal, and I'm not trying to get fired for bootlegging, you know? Remember how mixtapes used to get passed around back in the day, one dude dubbing another's, etc.? I'm envisioning something like that.

id gladly TRADE[/b] for any and all[/b] dvds if they get made.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Be very careful 3/4 is a horrible format .. prone to head clogs, drop outs and deterioration .. you may only get one shot with some of these 35 year old tapes ..dvds are a very compressed format , so you should dump the 3/4's to something with a higher ressolution and sound i. e. dvcam , digi-beta, hard drive .. if you do buy a 3/4 deck , learn to clean the heads and make sure you get an engineer to give it a once over before you put you treasures in there...hopefully there are mutiple masters out there ....good luck sounds like a righteous project

hard drive would be a good look, no? digital archive steez?

• can you also get clean audio from episodes ? sesame st backing tracks...all the disco music that grover/ cookie monster are on. or at least find out what the music source is ?

can you also get clean audio from episodes ? sesame st backing tracks...all the disco music that grover/ cookie monster are on. or at least find out what the music source is ?

hell yeah! That Grover joint where they're singing about in and out like "Out, out, out the door" is a jam.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    not to mention some of the sesame st. music performances. Stevie Wonder?!?

I want the episode where Mr. Hooper died.

can you also get clean audio from episodes ? sesame st backing tracks...all the disco music that grover/ cookie monster are on. or at least find out what the music source is ?

We do have audio tape for some things, but unfortunately, we didn't produce Sesame St., so we don't have the tapes for it. All the stuff we have the masters for is stuff we produced.

Can I interest you in a tape of kitchen sound effects from Simply Ming?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

We do have audio tape for some things, but unfortunately, we didn't produce Sesame St., so we don't have the tapes for it. All the stuff we have the masters for is stuff we produced.

My dad would go apeshit for the entire Victory Garden back catalog.

Have you searched any artist appearances on the New Television Workshop? I was only up on this show very late in the game, but there were a lot of experimental artists that performed on the show, going back into the 70s.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

really.

Holy Frickin' Christ.

fuck that, ill swim over.

No, but if you have an autographed 8x10" glossy of him, my wife would love to get it for Christmas. She's on his nuts in a major way. She's convinced he's gay and is romantically involved with Todd English? Can you shed any light/dirt on that? Wifey would love to have the issue settled.

• Keep us all posted about the pot uh, viewing party, I might try to drive up if the program is stacked enough.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

• This is amazing. Wish the archive I work in housed anything remotely as ridiculous.

Well, I'm in CT and can certainly offer DVD duplication (and greeny).

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This would be awesome. Def, pick up a 3/4" player. I see them super cheap at antique spots from time to time. It'd be real cool if the strut could get together on this and pitch in for a storage drive to get these videos transfered to a high quality dvd format.

- spidey

• Well, this is an effort just to make the material available. it's a guerilla-style deal, mixtapes used to get passed around back in the day, one dude dubbing another's, etc. I'm envisioning something like that.
    im down to spread in the midwest
    let a burtha kno if thaers anyway to get a few of these dvd mixtapes wen some r done to pass down the line thru to sum midwest heads

its cold out !
    aelx

Well, I'm in CT and can certainly offer DVD duplication (and greeny).

Excellent. I'd like to see every one who wants copies get them. I'll holler when the initial transfers are done.

Keep us all posted about the pot uh, viewing party, I might try to drive up if the program is stacked enough.

Do it, hommie! And the offer is open to any of y'all folls who want to come out. I'm starting to think we may need a bigger space...

No, but if you have an autographed 8x10" glossy of him, my wife would love to get it for Christmas. She's on his nuts in a major way. She's convinced he's gay and is romantically involved with Todd English? Can you shed any light/dirt on that? Wifey would love to have the issue settled.

I'll call a producer I know in Lifestyles. Maybe she knows?

Have you searched any artist appearances on the New Television Workshop? I was only up on this show very late in the game, but there were a lot of experimental artists that performed on the show, going back into the 70s.

I'm looking through right now, but all I've found so far is a bunch of weird shit like "Lotte Goslar's Pantomime Circus"