Shawty Lo "Dey Know"

2»

Comments

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ill ride for this beat but that dude cant rap

• ill ride for this beat but that dude cant rap

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

That's more often than not the case with the recent rap experience. Good beats, lethargy in the mouth.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That's more often than not the case with the recent rap experience. Good beats, lethargy in the mouth.

Okay, Beldar.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Okay, Beldar.

Serious though. I'm not saying everyone has to rap fast, but at least put some effort into it. It seems like dudes don't even try. Some dudes come with the ill styles and flavors (Weezy, Mike jones, et al.) But when i hear Jeezy, Youn Joc, 50, Kanye, I'm not impressed at all. These dudes get these ridiculous beats and just kind of meander verbally until the beat ends instead of getting up in it.

Okay, Beldar.

Serious though. I'm not saying everyone has to rap fast, but at least put some effort into it. It seems like dudes don't even try. Some dudes come with the ill styles and flavors (Weezy, Mike jones, et al.) But when i hear Jeezy, Youn Joc, 50, Kanye, I'm not impressed at all. These dudes get these ridiculous beats and just kind of meander verbally until the beat ends instead of getting up in it.

Seems it's really an issue with how you're hearing it rather than how the rapper is spitting it. If you're feelin' Mike Jones but can't feel Jeezy, then I just don't know what to tell ya. Different strokes and all...

• isn't even doing vinyl on a lot of their 12"s

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Seems it's really an issue with how you're hearing it rather than how the rapper is spitting it. If you're feelin' Mike Jones but can't feel Jeezy, then I just don't know what to tell ya. Different strokes and all...

For real? I feel like there is a pretty big difference between Mike Jones a la Back Then, or I need a Dime, and Jeezy. It's not that I'm not into Jeezy, but I don't think he really brings any heat on the mic.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Okay, Beldar.

You're missing out on Jeezy fasho. Time to start relistening...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Where would you recommend that I start?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Anywhere...even his most accessible stuff like "I Like It" and "Soul Survivor" contains exceptionally clever wordplay.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i like jeezy better than shawty lo, but this song is a hit and you cant deny it.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Anywhere...even his most accessible stuff like "I Like It" and "Soul Survivor" contains exceptionally clever wordplay.

I know this stuff already, and it's what I'm absing my opinion off of. I'm not commenting on his lyrics. His flow is just incredibly blase, ho hum. I can get down with his music, but i don't think that he raps good.

• I agree with Harvey, there's some pretty great stuff scattered throughout all of Jeezy's material. I'd say listen through Thug Motivation 101 a couple times. I guess if you're not feelin' it, you're not feelin' it. I know it took me a second to really get inot Jeezy but once I did, his appeal was obvious to me. When 102 came out last year, I still had to listen to it a few times to get into it, but I eventually did and now I really enjoy it. Shawty Redd is partially responsible for that too, though.

And I definitely wasn't saying Mike Jones and Jeezy were similar in terms of how they rap, but on a similar level in terms of how the average person would interpret their lyrics/flow.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Do I have a hope in hell of getting this as a 12"?

Kinda doubt it--seems like Atlantic/Asylum isn't even doing vinyl on a lot of their 12"s anymore.

There's a promo 12" out.

exactly.

• Anywhere...even his most accessible stuff like "I Like It" and "Soul Survivor" contains exceptionally clever wordplay.

seriously? clever? I know what he is going to say before he does the first time i hear him. he i probably the most obvious rapper out. No kids or adults that i know/talk to that like him say he is clever, they always just like his style.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    jeezy verse on the remix is bananners.

but my favorite ATL shit at the moment is rocko "umma do me"

That schitt is jamez flamez, too. There's also a version of that w/ Jeezy.

yes. been feeling that. Is that Jeezy's producer?
    You're thinking about Shawty Redd and yes his beats are

jeezy verse on the remix is bananners.

but who produced the Rocko beat?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I know this stuff already, and it's what I'm absing my opinion off of. I'm not commenting on his lyrics. His flow is just incredibly blase, ho hum. I can get down with his music, but i don't think that he raps good.

but listen to Im the man! ...bitch im the man, bitch im the man! GOT NO WIFE BUT THE WHITE BE MY GURLFRIEND!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

but listen to Im the man! ...bitch im the man, bitch im the man! GOT NO WIFE BUT THE WHITE BE MY GURLFRIEND!

I've always thought that shit was hot, but isn't it just a chorus?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Do I have a hope in hell of getting this as a 12"?

Kinda doubt it--seems like Atlantic/Asylum isn't even doing vinyl on a lot of their 12"s anymore.

There's a promo 12" out.

Yeah this is one of the few dope singles from this year that is commonly available on vinyl - they're all over ebay (if anybody knows where to get a Watch My Feet on TVT please to hit the PMs )

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Oh and the Dey Know remix w/Jeezy & 40 was killing it on the partybus Friday night - prob got played 3-4 times...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Shawty Redd and yes his beats are

what the deal boo with the beautiful ones loop hell yes