Harold Vick - Don't Look Back

JRootJRoot 861 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
This is my new favorite record. I've listened to Side B three times in a row now, and just started in on the fourth.Discuss,JRoot

Comments

• Yeah, that's a good record... one of the less talked-about Strata East titles. I ride for "Senor Zamora".

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I ride for "Senor Zamora".

Don't make me listen to Side A three times in a row now, too!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Yeah, that's a good record... one of the less talked-about Strata East titles. I ride for "Senor Zamora".

Yes I just bought this after 4 years of hunting for it and losing it constantly on Ebay. Paid $55 for it and its worth every penny.

His 1974 release on muse "Commitment" is not as good but not too far behind, also highly recommended and always sold for cheap

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I ride for "Senor Zamora".

Apparently, Mr. Vick rides for Senor Zamora as well:

from the liner notes
    SENOR ZAMORA[/b] was written for a special brother I met along the road of music who has always reached out to help others. His name is Antonio Zamora and he is currently director of the Black Cultural Center, Purdue University.

from the Purdue Black Cultural Center website
    Mr. Antonio Zamora was hired to be the BCC Director and the center became the premier institution of its kind under his leadership from 1973 to 1995. Part of Mr. Zamora???s philosophy toward developing the Black Cultural Center dealt with making the BCC the ???applied??? arm of the cultural experience at Purdue while the Black Studies department and classes in general were the ???theoretical??? arm.

• Finally got a near mint copy off ebay recently for $64. Not cheap but definitely worth every cent.
    Senor Zamora is the highlight for me but the whole album is really strong I think.
    Sound of the fender rhodes on that track is just ridiculous!

• His 1974 release on muse "Commitment"

"H.N.I.C" is pretty mental. also worth checking out is his sir edward album (his pseudonym) on encounter