Cassette Player Appreciation Complete W/ Pictures

2»

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

K.

I remember thinking the dragon was cool bitd - Naks are dope, rival cd plyers in the right system.

h

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I think ODub once posted up about a tape player thing that you could get to put into your computer tower.

Check here for more info.

DAMN I need one of these. BAD. I have so many old school live hip hop joints, mixtapes, radio shows etc. from the 80's, this would be perfect for converting to digital. My damn computer doesn't have any room for me to install internally, though. Any idea if there's an external alternative out there anywhere? If not I may just have to get another computer, 'cause I really need one of these chumpies.

If you don't have the internal room for it, you can probably get an external housing for it, much like for an external hard drive. I'm assuming it's an IDE interface though... but it should work.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    How does the MP3 come out? Is the audio excellent or just . I am fiending for this right now. Pop in a tape and listen to ure tapes while recording them at some super clear quality.

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts

Those are some dope pictures. I have to make one for myself. Coming Soon...

Those are some dope pictures. I have to make one for myself. Coming Soon...

Let's see 'em! I wish I had more mixtapes; those oldschool handmade inserts are priceless.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    you folks might wanna check out

it's a nice little book.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    who/what is audi & mike dee?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    YO, our new Audi came with 6 CD changer/Sirius radio/ TAPE DECK, bitches.

who/what is audi & mike dee?

Early Automator production, its *meh*, but you could probably brush up on your running man and/or rodger rabbit to that tape!

Nice Bay Area tapes, btw! Those from back in the day, or more recent acquisitions?

DAMN I have been trying to fix them up in a dope order. I will have to post those tomorrow. But for now check out what I have to work with.

Until tomorrow.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I just ordered up Ike Turner's Black Man's Soul album on cassette. Ya can't beat $1.99 for a certified monster like that.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I think ODub once posted up about a tape player thing that you could get to put into your computer tower.

Check here for more info.

For those of you who are interested in the PC tape deck, you can pick one up for $99 from here.

• anybody up on this cat? he's pretty sick with the tape archive...

http://www.b-boys.com/hiphoptapes.html

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    anybody up on this cat? he's pretty sick with the tape archive...

http://www.b-boys.com/hiphoptapes.html

Yeah, Troy is the man when it comes to old school tapes. He's laced with a lot of crazy stuff. Haven't dealt with him in awhile, though.

• yeah dude is not fucking around with his... collection is amazing, i probably (tapewise) don't have anything for him as far as trades go... do you know if he sells dubs of them shits straight up? holla back...

yeah dude is not fucking around with his... collection is amazing, i probably (tapewise) don't have anything for him as far as trades go... do you know if he sells dubs of them shits straight up? holla back...

Yeah, he sells them (or he used to, anyway... been a few years since I dealt with him).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    just saw this btw:

Nice Bay Area tapes, btw! Those from back in the day, or more recent acquisitions

i was about 8-12 and in new jersey when most of those joints came out, so yeah, they're (more) recent acquisitions.

yeah dude is not fucking around with his... collection is amazing, i probably (tapewise) don't have anything for him as far as trades go... do you know if he sells dubs of them shits straight up? holla back...

Ya he does still. I hit him up a while back like a month ago and he wants 15 bucks each. I wish I could but that is a bit too steep for me. I know he is using his time and money on tapes but 10 per tape is a little better. He told me 10 tapes for $150

Got this bad boy in the mail yesterday. Shit sounds mad clean.

Ya he does still. I hit him up a while back like a month ago and he wants 15 bucks each. I wish I could but that is a bit too steep for me. I know he is using his time and money on tapes but 10 per tape is a little better. He told me 10 tapes for $150

I can dig it... only thing is, you won't find most of those tapes cheaper anywhere else. You won't find them at ALL anywhere else! If you're a true old school afficianado, or maybe someone who just wants to have a deeper knowledge of the origins of hip hop, I HIGHLY recommend getting at least a few tapes from Troy. Get him to suggest a few of what he considers to be his best tapes and just plunk down the dough if you can do it.

Maze & The Moneymakin' 4... ohhhh snap! Ain't gon' find them on Ebay!

Awww man. Now I want to get a few. Now that I think about it I should buy 2 or 3. Some sick ones to bump in the Walkman.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Got this bad boy in the mail yesterday. Shit sounds mad clean.

i have the red version of the WM-2..but its messed up.

got a ridiculous 80's aiwa walkman the other day, logic control, remote capability, auto reverse, dolby nr, plus it looks amazing. still havent tested it since i dont have any AAA's lying around...

is it official Nakamichi made the best home decks? i record all my shit on a nak BX-1 and it sounds wonderful...

also anybody use dolby nr when they record / play back? it makes the tape sound too muffled in my opinion, so i tend not to use it...yet for some reason i always like a unit better if it at least has dolby capability...

again, one of my favorite places to go for this stuff is the forums at www.stereo2go.com, ridiculous knowledge being dropped, tons of pictures, one of my favorite places aside from the strut..

Same here yo love stereo2go.com what's your username. Yo let me holler at that red WM-2. What you looking for it? Ya the one I got is a rarer version of the WM-2 it doesn't have the WALKMAN II on the front. Ya the Nakamichi are the best built tape decks. The DRAGON is king of all supposebly. I have been wanting a MR-1.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    How could y'all forget these:

• Bang & Olufsen beocord 2400 designed by Jacob Jensen. This dude had a dream job.

http://www.beoworld.co.uk/jacobjensen1.html

recent thirft score

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts